1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ufc 101

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by ilovetacos, Aug 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aug 11, 2009 at 1:20 PM
    qballenko

qballenko Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner TRD

Not in your wildest wet dream. GSP is a better wrestler and that is it. Silva is better than him in ever other aspect. Even if GSP got the takedowns there would be no way he could keep the much bigger Silva down.

2. Aug 11, 2009 at 1:32 PM
    sooner07

sooner07 1/2 man 1/2 amazing

Member:
    First Name:
    A A Ron
    DFW, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Debadged 2008 Rugged Trail
    Toytec ultimate lift kit, light racing UCAs, ARB bumper and full skid plates underneath. Looking into redoing the suspension and maybe repainting the ol' Taco.
    There might be a pound for pound argument, but I don't even buy that. Forrest just looked silly. I don't know if that is due to him not taking the fight seriously enough, or if Silva is just that bad ass.

I am leaning towards his bad assery. The way that he made Franklin look stupid, when he is a decent fighter, the way he made Leben look like a glass jaw, when he is anything but, the way he made Hendo work his ass off for a loss.... Silva just strikes me as the pound for pound bad ass of the world.

He would lose to Emileneko, but it would probably be a decent fight for a minute. But anyone near his weight or below, would just get picked apart. He is absolutely amazing, or that fight was rigged.

3. Aug 11, 2009 at 1:44 PM
    epa4wd

epa4wd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eduardo
    Vehicle:
    2019 SR
    Clazzio Seat Covers OR Wheels 40% tint Side Steps KC Fog Lights
    Apparently from the first serious strike that Forrest took his jaw got dislocated.. that's why he was knocked out later on easily by Silva. I'm not saying otherwise he would have not knock Forrest out, Im saying that, because of that Forrest looked so silly on the fight. Regardless of the dislocated jaw,I say Silva would have won that fight, he gave Forrest a few chances, even let him get up.

GSP vs Silva, both great fighter but not a good match IMO. I would love to see Machida vs Silva, Machida's speed is insane. I hope White makes it happen.

If Silva wins then I don't care about the freaking weight class they should let him and Brock Lesnar fight, I would like to see them both to lose so it would be a win - win situation for me :) plus we might see Silva's head flying out of the octagon.

BTW, Randy Courture is going to kick Noguiera's ass on UFC 102

4. Aug 11, 2009 at 5:53 PM
    senor taco

senor taco ROLLIN ON RUST

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Monterey Bay, Ca
    Vehicle:
    O7 Tacoma PreRunner SR5
    17in fj cruiser wheels satoshi grille with devil horns emblem Single in double out 50 series flowmaster with stainless tips Kenwod ddx512 double din touch screen DVD reciver with a single Rockford fosgate 12 in sub with an alpine amp tinted tail and third break light silverstar head and fog lights k&n drop in Billy 5100's on all 4 corners with a 2"AAL
    Silva will destroy GSP, a beter fight would be Machita vs silva. Anderson said that fight won't ever happen though because they are friends.

5. Aug 12, 2009 at 7:13 AM
    FamouzStarz

FamouzStarz The illest taco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    21 TRD PRO
    ICON Build and then some
    gsp vs silva would make a good match though take down wise if gsp was to get on the ground he would have to deal with silvas 6 foot legs, although i think machida vs silva would be another great fight we might even see the crane move from the karate kid

6. Aug 13, 2009 at 7:42 PM
    qballenko

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner TRD

I wouldn't be so sure. Don't forget Emileneko is shorter than Anderson. Emileneko also isn't on the large side of the heavy wieght. Also Anderson has much better stand up than Arlovski, which Fedor probably wouldn't be able to weather. Plus Fedor would never fight Anderson because he is a coward that would rather say he is the best pound for pound other than proving it.

7. Aug 14, 2009 at 3:12 PM
    CyberTron

CyberTron NorCal

Member:
    Fedor will own Silva. He is the best fighter in the world hands down.

8. Aug 14, 2009 at 3:33 PM
    LB Taco

LB Taco Taco... since '97

Member:
    First Name:
    J
    Long Beach, CA
    Vehicle:
    '08 Red PreRunner LB- sick!
    Debagded, American Outlaw 17" rims with BFG 265x70, Ipod interface, GC upper and lower grille, black grille surround, Red Devil Horns, relocated horns, A/C mod, Fogs on anytime, Original 40 flowmaster, Hella 500ff behind the grill, with more to come with more $...

First of all, Fedor is the best heavyweight we have seen in a while, I dont know why you would call him a coward??? He fights for a living. He has contracts and other intrests to consider when his managment sets up fights for him, it's not just who we all want him to fight.

Second, a fight between Fedor and Silva, never going to happen, the weight difference is huge. Silva already goes up in weight to destroy the lightheavy weights, and he is unstoppable in the middleweight division. You ever see any lightheavy weights going up to fight Fedor? Why not? Silva can't go up 2 classes.

I hate when people compare two different weight fighters and say they should fight to prove who is the best pound for pound, that fight would not be fair based on weight alone. That is why they say pound-for-pound so people can imagine, not actually set up a fight between a welterweight and heavy weight.

And BTW Forest took a dive, PUSSY! I hate him now.

9. Aug 14, 2009 at 6:51 PM
    qballenko

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner TRD

First you are a little misinformed if you believe this. Silva cuts down to 185. Silva actually had to cut weight to make 205. Fedor isn't a huge heavyweight he weighs an average of 230 in most of his fights. People forget this is what the UFC was founded on. Open weight classes. Many times to be dominated by a smaller opponent. Look at Pete Williams knockout of Mark Coleman. Size in MMA usually doesn't result in a win, especialy when your talking about someone as skilled as Silva.

Fedor has fought Babalu who is a light heavyweight, and Matt Linland who fights mostly as middlewieght.

But hey most people think Fedor has been dodging fights for years. Signed with Dream instead of going to the UFC when they purchased Pride. Signing a fight deal with Affliction but refusing to fight Randy Couture, whose sole purpose of leaving the UFC was to fight Fedor. He may not be a coward but he would rather fight for money than prove that mouth of his. Maybe hes too busy worrying about that ass whooping he received in the World Sambo Championship by Blagoi Ivanov.

10. Aug 14, 2009 at 7:49 PM
    ilovetacos

ilovetacos [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gavin
    Sacramento/Woodland
    Vehicle:
    2006 TRD Sport 4x4 DC
    Sold!
    Some excellent points here...

Fedor not signing this time around with the UFC made me lose a lot of respect for him. He went to Strikeforce that to my knowledge has no heavyweight contenders even close to what skills Fedor has. Who is he going to fight now??? It was a big disapointment hearing the news especially from what I heard UFC offered him.

11. Aug 16, 2009 at 2:53 AM
    paintdiddy

paintdiddy Machine gun shits

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    nj and not from "the jersey shore"
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
  12. Aug 16, 2009 at 10:47 AM
    ilovetacos

Member:
    First Name:
    Gavin
    Sacramento/Woodland
    Vehicle:
    2006 TRD Sport 4x4 DC
    Sold!
    Re-watching this fight I noticed after 3:00 and the first knockdown Griffin looked winded. Didn't look like he even trained for the fight?

13. Aug 16, 2009 at 11:09 AM
    jrukus

jrukus jason r

Member:
    queen charlotte islands
    Vehicle:
    black '08 trd tacoma
    285/70/17r tires on stock rims, sirius radio
    run forest run! he looked winded before the fight started! First time I've seen someone knocked out with a jab to the cheekbone!!
    Talking about fedor, I would like to see him knock the shit out of lesnar! maybe one day.

14. Aug 16, 2009 at 11:12 AM
    white+Peal

white+Peal Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kris
    Henderson, NV
    Vehicle:
    08 prerunner
    Magaflow catback exhaust, AEM CAI, front bumper made by famous fabrication, JBA long tube headers, All pro back bumper, BPF raptor style grill, 3' toytech lift
    silva and griffin that fight was fucking set-up. and then he just ran out of there like there was a fire. pretty odd

15. Aug 16, 2009 at 11:18 AM
    jrukus

jrukus jason r

Member:
    queen charlotte islands
    Vehicle:
    black '08 trd tacoma
    285/70/17r tires on stock rims, sirius radio
    i'm not sure about a fight between gsp and silva. I'm sure that it would be just like Gsp and Penn, both are quite dominant in their division but moving up to take on the bigger fighter they get dominated. Unless of course you are Silva, but then again he walks around as a light heavy weight.

16. Aug 16, 2009 at 1:28 PM
    paintdiddy

paintdiddy Machine gun shits

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    nj and not from "the jersey shore"
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    they claim he broke his jaw(griffin).did anyone hear that? if so that would explain why he got whooped that bad. griffin can take a beating and keep going.

17. Aug 16, 2009 at 2:40 PM
    ilovetacos

Member:
    First Name:
    Gavin
    Sacramento/Woodland
    Vehicle:
    2006 TRD Sport 4x4 DC
    Sold!
    I heard the same thing but I haven't confirmed this...I haven't seen any interviews from Griffin post this fight.

18. Aug 18, 2009 at 8:55 PM
    LB Taco

LB Taco Taco... since '97

Member:
    First Name:
    J
    Long Beach, CA
    Vehicle:
    '08 Red PreRunner LB- sick!
    Debagded, American Outlaw 17" rims with BFG 265x70, Ipod interface, GC upper and lower grille, black grille surround, Red Devil Horns, relocated horns, A/C mod, Fogs on anytime, Original 40 flowmaster, Hella 500ff behind the grill, with more to come with more $...
    UUUhhhhh Hello, everyone cuts down to make weight, not just Silva. Just because he walks around at 205 doesn't mean that's his weight class. Lightheavy weights walk around at 215-230. I do agree that UFC was founded on open weight classes, and I liked that, up the sport has evolved from a once a year tournament to PROFESSIONALS who take thier careers seriously. Fedor is not dodging fights, he is making career moves. And he is not the only one that decides who he fights, he has a whole management team. The problem with UFC is they wanted an exclusive on Fedor and they wouldn't promote other Russian fighters that his management team promotes, that's a huge reason why they wouldn't sign him. :quickdraw:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top