1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Inglorious Basterds

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by nad, Aug 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aug 24, 2009 at 9:51 AM
    nad

nad [OP] mmmm tacos!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    2014 Sierra All Terrain
    So I went and watched Inglourious Basterds on the weekend and I just wanted to see what others thought of it. My personal opinion was that it was good but could have been better. It was dragged out too long and did not have enough Tarantino action. Dont get me wrong I liked it and it had some really good parts, So what did everyone else think of it that watched it and what was your favorite part?

My favorite part had to be the Bear Jew smashing that guys head with the bat, either that or when Brad Pitt pretended to be Italian lol.

2. Aug 24, 2009 at 9:53 AM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 4runner Limited Looking for a Taco
    It's the wife's T4R so it's stock
    Your review is similar to others I've spoken with or read online... it's good... just a bit drawn out...

3. Aug 24, 2009 at 9:54 AM
    nad

nad [OP] mmmm tacos!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    2014 Sierra All Terrain
    yeah at one point one couple walked out cause there wasnt much going on

4. Aug 24, 2009 at 9:54 AM
    PatHLC128

PatHLC128 College.

Member:
    First Name:
    Pat
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road 4x4 AC
    OME complete 3" kit, 265/75/16 Cooper STTs, Pro Comp 7089 wheels, Shrockworks sliders, UWS Low Pro Toolbox, AFE Pro-Dry S, OEM Bedmat, Ventvisors, Husky Liners, Tint, De-badged
    cool movie, entertaining but i agree that it was too drawn out. the dialogues were too long and slow. the action/plot were awesome though. id definitely recommend to any tarantino fans but others might find it slow.

5. Aug 24, 2009 at 9:58 AM
    fghtngsquirrel

fghtngsquirrel Ka-freakin'-BOOM!

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Jacksonville, FL
    Vehicle:
    '08 4x2 Rad Red *SOLD*
    Can't be any worse than District 9 :notsure:

6. Aug 24, 2009 at 10:00 AM
    toytaco85

toytaco85 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    96' 4x4 single cab
    the beginning was awesome! loved chapter 2, but the middle got kinda boring, and slowly picked up at the end...

7. Aug 24, 2009 at 10:17 AM
    dunkhi

dunkhi CSULB socal

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Sirois
    Southern California. Fountain Valley
    Vehicle:
    09 Ivan Stewart
    Toytec Coilover kit. Bilstein's 5100. Alcoa Wheels. General Tires. Magnaflow Cat-back. BLHM. Yellow fogs. 13TW5 jl sub. Stewart Decals.
    i thought district 9 was amazing.:rant:

8. Aug 24, 2009 at 10:20 AM
    Pster

Pster Well-Known Member

Member:
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma 4x4
    Bak Flip bed cover, shorty antenna, Peripheral iPod interface, Garmin 750 mount, add'l bed tie down rings, Westin nerf bars, hitch safe, tailgate lock, Ideal 1 3/4" turn-key clamp to secure tailgate from removal, Spare tire security cable, spare tire stainless air hose extender, Fumoto oil drain valve, Amp Research Bed X-Tender w/Schlage Cable Lock, bed mat, Redline hood struts
    I agree with Nad's assessment, but I have to say that the actor that playe Coloner Landas (Fassbender?) did an OSCAR performance. This movie is worth just watching him make people squirm. You think at any second he's going to EXPLODE...but he never does!!!!!

9. Aug 24, 2009 at 10:21 AM
    Pster

Pster Well-Known Member

Member:
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma 4x4
    Bak Flip bed cover, shorty antenna, Peripheral iPod interface, Garmin 750 mount, add'l bed tie down rings, Westin nerf bars, hitch safe, tailgate lock, Ideal 1 3/4" turn-key clamp to secure tailgate from removal, Spare tire security cable, spare tire stainless air hose extender, Fumoto oil drain valve, Amp Research Bed X-Tender w/Schlage Cable Lock, bed mat, Redline hood struts
    I agree with Nad's assessment, but I have to say that the actor that played Coloner Landas (Fassbender?) did an OSCAR performance. This movie is worth just watching him make people squirm. You think at any second he's going to EXPLODE...but he never does!!!!!

10. Aug 24, 2009 at 10:21 AM
    Pster

Pster Well-Known Member

Member:
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma 4x4
    I agree with Nad's assessment, but I have to say that the actor that played Colonel Landas (Fassbender?) did an OSCAR performance. This movie is worth just watching him make people squirm. You think at any second he's going to EXPLODE...but he never does!!!!!

11. Aug 24, 2009 at 10:23 AM
    shockittillyareconizeit

shockittillyareconizeit Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dustin
    California
    Vehicle:
    '07 Coma PreRunner
    Front - Icon 2.5 Coilovers, Maxtrac 4" lift spindles, TC UCA's Rear - Billy's 5100/1.5 AAL, 3" lift blocks MB Predator wheels - 16x8 plasti-dipped matte black Toyo Open Country A/T 305/70/16 Satoshi grille Blacked out badges DTRL Wet Okole seat covers
    Yeah, i also thought District 9 was awesome. We actually saw that on accident cuz my lady thought it was a different movie, but it turned out to be really good. Then again, i'm into wizards and aliens and magic and shit like that.

And yes, I thought Inglorious Basterds was good but could have been better. I wish that there was more Pitt in it. He did awesome with that damn accent. HAHA!

I'd have to say that my favorite part was the first scalping scene, just because it came up on you out of nowhere and was really gruesome.

Second favorite would be when they were drinking at the table and the shhoting went down and the dude that killed 13 nazi's stabbed that german officer like 10 times in the back of the head and neck.

Sweet. :D

But yeah, a little drawn out and really could have had more Tarantino action in it.

12. Aug 24, 2009 at 10:28 AM
    shockittillyareconizeit

shockittillyareconizeit Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dustin
    California
    Vehicle:
    '07 Coma PreRunner
    Front - Icon 2.5 Coilovers, Maxtrac 4" lift spindles, TC UCA's Rear - Billy's 5100/1.5 AAL, 3" lift blocks MB Predator wheels - 16x8 plasti-dipped matte black Toyo Open Country A/T 305/70/16 Satoshi grille Blacked out badges DTRL Wet Okole seat covers

Yes, like when the colonel was having a talk with the actress and then did work. That was really quick also. And yes, he did AMAZING at his part. Always had an ulterior motive.

13. Aug 24, 2009 at 10:29 AM
    neslerrah

neslerrah Taco lovin'

Member:
    First Name:
    Harrelsen
    Tucson
    Vehicle:
    5 lug BEAST!
    Secondary air filter removed, elbow mod, BFG T/A KO (31x10.5R15), 15" American Racing Mojaves, BHLM, Dome Light MOD (Blue), Pioneer headunit, Sockmonkey 'TACOMA' Decals, Readylift 5-lug SST, Rear Shocks - Bilstein TRD, Dynomax Super Turbo #17748, DDM Slim Ballast HID Kit H4 Hi/Lo -35W 6000K in headlights, Apexcone Raptor HID Kit H3 - 35W 6000K in Hella 500s, aFe CAI #51-10762, WeatherTech Floorliner, 200W Smart AC Inverter
    There were some people on Tarantino staff that thought the movie was too long as well. They did a second cut on the movie but Tarantino did not want to cut the movie time. I am sure there are some parts of the movie that could have been short.

14. Aug 24, 2009 at 10:47 AM
    TacoNut

TacoNut IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Denver, Co
    Vehicle:
    16 TRD OR DCSB Quicksand
    I think it was defiantly almost like a pulp fiction #2
    Very very good

I agree that he played that role GREAT.... You never knew what was coming from him.

15. Aug 24, 2009 at 11:11 AM
    Gsquare

Gsquare The G stands for smooth

Member:
    First Name:
    GG
    Lone Star State
    Vehicle:
    2018 - TRD Off Road 4x4 - Cement / Graphite - DCSB
    ReadyLIFT 3/2 Lift Kit, T-Force TRD Black Satin Spoke Wheels, OEM TRD Red/Black Resin Center Wheel Hub Covers, Toyo P285/70R17 Open Country AT's, SpiderTrax 1.25 F/R Wheel Spacers, Blackout Pkg: Tailgate Letters, Badges and Tailpipe Extension, Qi Wireless Charging, LED Bed Lights, Power Tailgate Lock, Shark Running Boards, Weathertech Floor Mats, U.S. Airforce Decal Drivers Side Rear Window, MESO Gasshole Fuel Cap Holder, OEM Trailer Hitch Cap
    Like several of Tarantino's movies, Basterds prolly gets better the more you watch it. Some people walked Reservoir Dogs cause they thought it was boring and man did they miss a lot.

The exception was Pulp Fiction which grabbed you from the beginning and never let go.

16. Aug 24, 2009 at 11:20 AM
    TicTacOma

TicTacOma UnderWater Monopoly Champion

Member:
    First Name:
    Anastatia Beaverhausen
    Columbia,SC
    Vehicle:
    I'm Thinking...Oh Yeah...An FJ
    It's all in my head at the moment...
    Did you all recognize Mike Myers? (Austin Powers)

17. Aug 24, 2009 at 11:21 AM
    TacoNut

TacoNut IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Denver, Co
    Vehicle:
    16 TRD OR DCSB Quicksand
    Yea he played a really good role,
    His first line you could tell it was him(on purpose I would think), but after that he just dropped it totally.

18. Aug 26, 2009 at 2:13 PM
    dwzild

dwzild Well-Known Member

Member:
    Metairie, LA
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM 4x4 Sport DC LB
    Hoo-rah! Sticker, Front Bed-bolt D-rings, Bed Mat, Weathertech Floor Mats, Sirius, TACOMAWORLD Sticker, Bak-Flip F1
    Agreed. I'd still recommend it though. Some of the scenes were spectacullarly graphic.

19. Aug 26, 2009 at 2:26 PM
    fghtngsquirrel

fghtngsquirrel Ka-freakin'-BOOM!

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Jacksonville, FL
    Vehicle:
    '08 4x2 Rad Red *SOLD*
    This movie was really great, though some of the time I was clueless as to what was going on, but it all came together at the end. I don't think the ending could have been any better!

20. Aug 26, 2009 at 2:39 PM
    ttylerr

ttylerr Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Fort McMurray, Alberta
    Vehicle:
    09 MGM 4Banger 4x4
    5% tint all around, Alpine IVA-W505, 16x8 Mojave Teflon Rims w/Hercules Terra Trac 265/75, Grillcraft Grill, Slimcubby HIDs, Front 5100's @ 0 w/Eibach 1.6" springs, URD Short Shifter, Extang Trifecta Tonneau Cover, Uniden Pro510XL and K30Mag Mount, Relentless Fab Bumper soon to come
    i loved the drawn out sequences... kept me on the edge of my seat cause you could tell something was brewing!
    great movie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top