Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment

Notices

The Who vs. The Rolling Stones

Old 08-27-2009, 05:19 AM   #1
Neal11 has much to be proud ofNeal11 has much to be proud ofNeal11 has much to be proud ofNeal11 has much to be proud ofNeal11 has much to be proud ofNeal11 has much to be proud ofNeal11 has much to be proud ofNeal11 has much to be proud ofNeal11 has much to be proud of
Name: Neal
Neal11's Tacoma Gallery
The Who vs. The Rolling Stones

I'm curious as to who each person prefers between the two classic rock giants.

i'm going with the stones, with a very slight edge
Old 08-27-2009, 05:51 AM   #3
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Stones
Old 08-27-2009, 05:55 AM   #4
The Stroker Ace
hendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
hendooman's Tacoma Gallery
Stones

The Who was good, but the Stones set the stage for many many many bands, including The Who and Led Zeppelin.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:33 AM   #6
The Stroker Ace
hendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadmb2003 View Post
the who is the absolute best band to come out of england. quadrophenia, and their whos next album is phenominal. the Who are awesome
Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, The Beatles, Cream, all these english bands dwarf The Who!
Old 08-27-2009, 07:58 AM   #8
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
I like more music by The Who than the Stones,although there are some stones music I like. I also have to agree with Janster that MIck's lips make me sick
Old 08-27-2009, 08:00 AM   #9
Neal11 has much to be proud ofNeal11 has much to be proud ofNeal11 has much to be proud ofNeal11 has much to be proud ofNeal11 has much to be proud ofNeal11 has much to be proud ofNeal11 has much to be proud ofNeal11 has much to be proud ofNeal11 has much to be proud of
Neal11's Tacoma Gallery
is mick jagger and steven tyler related?
Old 08-27-2009, 08:02 AM   #10
Neal11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallyman89 View Post
Keith Richards is the walking dead.
he will out live the cockroaches
Old 08-27-2009, 07:07 PM   #11
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendooman View Post
Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, The Beatles, Cream, all these english bands dwarf The Who!
well if you want to get techinal then yeah
Old 08-27-2009, 07:24 PM   #12
dwzild is just really nicedwzild is just really nicedwzild is just really nicedwzild is just really nice

Marines: Sgt/6114 - Cobra/Huey Helo Mech, HMLA-773
dwzild's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to dwzild
I'm a bigger fan of the Who; Townshend and Moon were spectaculat together, but the Stones have stood the test of time.

My vote: the Who.
Popularity and influence: the Stones
Old 08-27-2009, 07:34 PM   #13
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not a big Who fan.....gotta give it to the Stones. Hell! They influenced my 3yo daughter when she was still in the womb. Now she's a fan.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:48 PM   #15
qballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to behold
Army: SSG
qballenko's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Stones

The Who was good, but the Stones set the stage for many many many bands, including The Who and Led Zeppelin.

Thats weird because Page said it was the Who who influenced their first album specifically Townsend not the Stones.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:46 PM   #16
The Stroker Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by qballenko View Post
Thats weird because Page said it was the Who who influenced their first album specifically Townsend not the Stones.
I agree Page was a huge Townsend fan...what I was saying was the stones were around a good 6 to 7 years before the who and zeppelin. They primed the blues to rock n roll market, that became so mainstream. I don't think Page was a big fan of the stones...don't quote me on that but I have read 2 zep books and I don't ever remember him mentioning them as a big influence. He was a true bluesman.
Old 08-28-2009, 07:22 AM   #17
qballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to behold
Well I wouldn't say the stones primed the blue to rock and roll market. I would give that to the King. Elvis clearly started it. To be followed with the likes of Chuck Berry and even Little Richard. Bands who the Beatles and the Stones opened for when they were coming up. People don't give American rock in the 50s the credit it deserves. If it wasn't for people like Chuck Berry, Buddy Holly, Elvis(there is a reason he is called the king), Jerry Lee Lewis bands like the Beatles, Who, and Stones wouldn't exist.
Old 08-28-2009, 08:18 AM   #18
The Stroker Ace

Quote:
Well I wouldn't say the stones primed the blue to rock and roll market. I would give that to the King. Elvis clearly started it. To be followed with the likes of Chuck Berry and even Little Richard. Bands who the Beatles and the Stones opened for when they were coming up. People don't give American rock in the 50s the credit it deserves. If it wasn't for people like Chuck Berry, Buddy Holly, Elvis(there is a reason he is called the king), Jerry Lee Lewis bands like the Beatles, Who, and Stones wouldn't exist.
You make good points, you know your stuff. We could argue this all day, but I like the conversation.
Old 08-28-2009, 09:54 AM   #19
Quote:
You make good points, you know your stuff. We could argue this all day, but I like the conversation.

Yeah its always good conversation when discussing music. Its always good to know whats out there and who people were influenced by because you can alway open up your music horizons.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:46 PM   #20
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I was lucky enough to see Chuck Berry live at an oldies concert when I was only 16. It was a great time.