Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment

Notices

Queen vs. The Beatles

Old 08-27-2009, 06:13 AM   #1
Neal11 has much to be proud ofNeal11 has much to be proud ofNeal11 has much to be proud ofNeal11 has much to be proud ofNeal11 has much to be proud ofNeal11 has much to be proud ofNeal11 has much to be proud ofNeal11 has much to be proud ofNeal11 has much to be proud of
Name: Neal
Neal11's Tacoma Gallery
Queen vs. The Beatles

who do you prefer between these two?

i say queen in a landslide.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:31 AM   #2
The Stroker Ace
hendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
hendooman's Tacoma Gallery
Oh my gosh, you can't even compare the two groups.

Beatles in a landslide. The Beatles were the most influential band of all time. I put Bob Dylan in a close second, but the Beatles were it! Truthfully they still are, this new Beatles Rock Band that is coming out is going to sell like gangbusters.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:44 AM   #3
Rocking your mom's world Since 1997
drew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

drew02a's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendooman View Post
Oh my gosh, you can't even compare the two groups.

Beatles in a landslide. The Beatles were the most influential band of all time. I put Bob Dylan in a close second, but the Beatles were it! Truthfully they still are, this new Beatles Rock Band that is coming out is going to sell like gangbusters.
I despise the Beatles and yet still, as a musician, have to recognize their influence on music.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:52 AM   #4
The Stroker Ace
hendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew02a View Post
I despise the Beatles and yet still, as a musician, have to recognize their influence on music.

Eat a bunch of shrooms and listen to The White Album and Let it Be.....you won't despise them anymore
Old 08-27-2009, 06:53 AM   #5
drew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

drew02a's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Eat a bunch of shrooms and listen to The White Album and Let it Be.....you won't despise them anymore
Yeah, but I'm not sure there's anyone I could despise in that context.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:01 AM   #6
The Stroker Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew02a View Post
Yeah, but I'm not sure there's anyone I could despise in that context.

True That...they are a definitely an aquired taste so to speak. Maybe it is our age difference, I mean I remeber John Lennon being shot, you weren't born yet. My folks were fans, kind of learn to like what you grow up with you know. Also the actual song Let it Be is probably some of the best lyrics ever. I could say that about 5 or 6 Beatles songs.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:08 AM   #7

drew02a's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
True That...they are a definitely an aquired taste so to speak. Maybe it is our age difference, I mean I remeber John Lennon being shot, you weren't born yet. My folks were fans, kind of learn to like what you grow up with you know. Also the actual song Let it Be is probably some of the best lyrics ever. I could say that about 5 or 6 Beatles songs.
Yeah, I mostly despise them because of what they spawned and only to a certain extent what they were. They were the original pop music band. They created an entirely new way to write, sell, market music. That aspect of them makes me want to vomit repeatedly into my left shoe.

Burred in all that pop is some solid witting though.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:12 AM   #8
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
between who had better music

Queen

i hated the beatles
Old 08-27-2009, 07:16 AM   #9
Neal11 has much to be proud ofNeal11 has much to be proud ofNeal11 has much to be proud ofNeal11 has much to be proud ofNeal11 has much to be proud ofNeal11 has much to be proud ofNeal11 has much to be proud ofNeal11 has much to be proud ofNeal11 has much to be proud of
Neal11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Jerk View Post
between who had better music

Queen

i hated the beatles
come on now. what song is better than yellow submarine?
Old 08-27-2009, 07:20 AM   #10
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
A lot
Old 08-27-2009, 07:48 AM   #11
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal11 View Post
come on now. what song is better than yellow submarine?
Uncle Alberts
Old 08-27-2009, 07:52 AM   #12
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Across the Universe
Old 08-27-2009, 07:54 AM   #13
Neal11's Tacoma Gallery
i can't help but think of wayne's world when i hear bohemian rhapsody by queen.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:55 AM   #14

Marines:
Hey Jude
Old 08-27-2009, 08:34 AM   #15
The Stroker Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
Across the Universe

Great, great song...I am a big fan of Because as well.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:48 AM   #16
Believe
phynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
phynyx38's Tacoma Gallery
The Beatles - Why don't we do it in the road & Oh! Darling.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:54 AM   #18
LARGE Member
BLUVVV has a spectacular aura aboutBLUVVV has a spectacular aura aboutBLUVVV has a spectacular aura about

Name: Bryce
BLUVVV's Tacoma Gallery
BEATLES! im a huge fan! i have had all their LP's since high school! best album imo is Revolver, with Help as a close second! no favorite songs, they're all good!
Old 08-27-2009, 09:02 AM   #19
Kenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: MSgt (Retired)
Name: Ken
Kenobe's Tacoma Gallery
Both bands were great early on in their careers. Beatles realeased alot of music that they wrote in 5 minutes while stoned. But then again, Stairway to Heaven was written just as quickly.
Queen, I think, put more work into their music, for the most part.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:11 AM   #20
qballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to behold
Army: SSG
qballenko's Tacoma Gallery
Queen by far.

Beatles are most overrated band in the history of the world in my opinion. I think people think they were way more influentual than they actually were.