Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment

Notices

DIY House Crashers hit my daughter's house

Old 12-04-2009, 01:40 PM   #1
glwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
glwood6's Tacoma Gallery
DIY House Crashers hit my daughter's house

Those of you that have the DIY Network on cable or satellite, the episode in this link was filmed at my daughter and son-in-law's house in Sacramento back in September, check it out on the next air date:

http://www.diynetwork.com/house-crashers/kitchen-expansion/index.html

I was Michelle and Armain's "crew"...fun three days, they got a great new kitchen, albeit strange colors, orange and green...the cooling/heating unit and slider to the deck were great also...
Old 12-04-2009, 01:54 PM   #2
stroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
stroM-'s Tacoma Gallery
Dude thats awesome! Ive always wanted to run into them at a local hardware store. Congrats for her!
Old 12-04-2009, 01:56 PM   #3
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Oh sweet! I remember that episode. I watch that show every night. Both of my TV's are permanently tuned to DIY network!

Josh Temple seems like he's a crazy dude.

DIY did a house down the road from my girlfriend's house in Denver CO a while back.

Sounds kinda corny but I would love to meet some of the DIY network crew one day. Especially Amy Matthews and Amy Devers (not really on the channel anymore, shes one of the carpenters on TLC's Trading spaces now) nothing sexier than a girl who can swing a hammer and use power tools
Old 12-04-2009, 01:56 PM   #4
07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
07trd4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I have seen them 3 or 4 times around the local stores looking for people. I have had 2 of my friends actually on the show
Old 12-04-2009, 02:01 PM   #5
07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
07trd4x4's Tacoma Gallery
http://ideafactory.tv/home.html
Old 12-04-2009, 02:19 PM   #6
glwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

glwood6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver View Post
Oh sweet! I remember that episode. I watch that show every night. Both of my TV's are permanently tuned to DIY network!

Josh Temple seems like he's a crazy dude.

DIY did a house down the road from my girlfriend's house in Denver CO a while back.

Sounds kinda corny but I would love to meet some of the DIY network crew one day. Especially Amy Matthews and Amy Devers (not really on the channel anymore, shes one of the carpenters on TLC's Trading spaces now) nothing sexier than a girl who can swing a hammer and use power tools
Yeah, Josh is a crazy dude! What you don't see on the show is him and Trey the general contractor knocking each other around all day, verbally and physically! It was a wild time. The crew they have work their butts off, both with the construction, but also the camera and audio crew, and the director. She is great, her name was Stephanie. All in all, really worth doing if you get a chance. We figure about 15-20k in improvements on the house just for letting them tear it up, rebuild it, and film the whole thing...
Old 12-04-2009, 02:28 PM   #8
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by glwood6 View Post
Yeah, Josh is a crazy dude! What you don't see on the show is him and Trey the general contractor knocking each other around all day, verbally and physically! It was a wild time. The crew they have work their butts off, both with the construction, but also the camera and audio crew, and the director. She is great, her name was Stephanie. All in all, really worth doing if you get a chance. We figure about 15-20k in improvements on the house just for letting them tear it up, rebuild it, and film the whole thing...

awesome,

I wish they were around here on the east coast. House crashers and yard crashers is generally done in CA, Sweat Equity, bathroom renovations, and kitchen renovations is typically filmed in the midwest, Kitchen Impossible in the Northeast, Bathtastic mainly in the midwest. Sometimes they come around here in Atlanta but not often Wow I'm a dork I know where all the shows are filmed...I watch too much DIY
Old 12-04-2009, 02:31 PM   #9

glwood6's Tacoma Gallery
Here's some of the photos I took, among many:

The kitchen went from this

And this

To this

And this

And from this

To this

Some photos after all the work was done, reveal filmed, and all the rest of the crew had gone home (Josh hung around for a while)