Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment

Notices

Earbuds??

Old 04-28-2010, 07:49 PM   #1
86ceeten has a spectacular aura about86ceeten has a spectacular aura about

Name: Brian
86ceeten's Tacoma Gallery
Earbuds??

Any suggestions for some decent earbuds for around 50 bucks or so? Looking for something with a better bass response and that won't fall out of my ears like the crappy Apple ones.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:50 PM   #2
jodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonah
jodiddly33's Tacoma Gallery
hmmm idk about 50 bucks...but I have the bose in ear headphones and they are absolutely awesome. about twice as much as you're looking to spend though
Old 04-28-2010, 07:58 PM   #3

$100 ain't out of the question if that's what it takes for some decent tunes!
Old 04-28-2010, 07:59 PM   #4
Nerdfighter
ppeter is on a distinguished road

Name: Paul
ppeter's Tacoma Gallery
I bought some Skullcandy iPhone FullMetalJacket in-ear headsets for around $40. They work perfect! Good bass, much better than Apple's headset.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:05 PM   #5
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
I've got a pair of shure's that are pretty good. They also make professional in-ear monitoring ear buds.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:06 PM   #6
jodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonah
jodiddly33's Tacoma Gallery
oh yeah man they're definitely worth it. they come with different sized earbuds to fit your ears correctly and they are partially noise canceling. they're my faves
Old 04-28-2010, 08:12 PM   #7
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
Sony makes some extra bass ones they sell at target for around 20 bucks, the sound is AMAZING, but, they only would work for about 2 weeks and the left ear bud would stop working. Tried two different sets, same results. Tried a few others but wasn't impressed. Went to Best Buy and got some 60 dollar Sony "extra bass" ones and they work well. Fit great and so far I have used them about 8 hours everyday at work for almost a year and no problems.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:14 PM   #8
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
here they are...

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-XB40E...2510790&sr=8-1
Old 04-28-2010, 08:18 PM   #9
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
all the money goes to the truck, but I like the skull candies. there not the greatest quality but their pretty good for 12.95
Old 04-28-2010, 08:18 PM   #10
kinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GM1(sw/exw), USS Tortuga 01-04, NSWDG 04-09.
Name: Josh
kinetik873's Tacoma Gallery
I roll with Skull Candy in my ears at school, the over ear types, really decent. I also have a set of Bose headphones for flights.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:27 PM   #11
Addicted to V8s
Toph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Toph's Tacoma Gallery
I got my UE triple fi pros for $100 but idk if that deal will come around again anytime soon.

Check head-fi.org...there's more info on there than you can imagine.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:28 PM   #12
6 Double 5 3 2 1
thebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ken....
thebigk's Tacoma Gallery
I had some KOSS buds...can't remember which ones. They were like $30 and sounded awesome for the price! The bass was impressive!

I'm using JVC now....low end is bleh.
Old 04-29-2010, 06:15 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toph View Post

Check head-fi.org...there's more info on there than you can imagine.
I'll check it out, thanks!
Old 04-29-2010, 06:31 AM   #14
maconhurler is a glorious beacon of lightmaconhurler is a glorious beacon of lightmaconhurler is a glorious beacon of lightmaconhurler is a glorious beacon of lightmaconhurler is a glorious beacon of light

maconhurler's Tacoma Gallery
I decided to try the monster beats tour.....very heavy, did not stay in and sound was fair....did not warrant the price. For $100 I purchased the Monster Jamz and they sound better and fit very nicely in my ears. More than your $50 you were looking at, but something to think about.
Old 05-02-2010, 11:16 AM   #15
1/2 man 1/2 amazing
sooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: A A Ron
sooner07's Tacoma Gallery
I'm going to second Shure. I have had a pair for about 4 years now and they have sounded great since day one. Very good low end extension, especially considering the fact that they are headphones.

I had several pairs of Koss earbuds back around 2000 that were awesome and only cost like $20, but I think they have since stopped making them. Those were the best dollar for dollar headphones (in ear or over the ear) I ever had.
Old 05-02-2010, 11:34 AM   #16
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Skullcandy. CHeap and awesome. I'm on like my 3rd or 4th pair though

Somehow, I keep managing to break them. Or my dogs do. Oh well, still pretty cheap.
Old 05-02-2010, 11:43 AM   #17
toyotacoma is on a distinguished road
toyotacoma's Tacoma Gallery
skullcandy is a great brand
Old 05-02-2010, 11:49 AM   #18
All Vol 14 is on a distinguished road
All Vol 14's Tacoma Gallery
I know these are not the in ear ones but I picked these up last week and they are AWESOME!!!!!

Old 05-02-2010, 11:55 AM   #19
Where the White Women At?
StZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
StZu's Tacoma Gallery
I use sennhieser and I love them, they aren't quite earbuds, but you dont have to worry about them falling out!
http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-PMX...2826494&sr=8-9