1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Boycott Xbox & Xbox Live

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by AFButters, Sep 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sep 26, 2008 at 11:40 AM
    AFButters

AFButters [OP] Rigger, Please!!

Member:
    First Name:
    "Butters"
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    2008 335xi BMW
    I left for my deployment June 30, a week prior i packed up my apartment, TV, Xbox and all.

Called Xbox customer service to terminate my account, because i wouldnt be able to access the acount while i was overseas.

So now 26 Sept. I get an email from my credit card company... (Which i paid off July 15th) that i have an over due bill of $17.00, No big deal I log in see what the charges are... Xbox was charging me for a month to month membership. I pay the $17.00 and then call them to cancel the account AGAIN.

They tell me the account renewed for September 2 days ago, and there is a 30 day period for the account to cancel so i will be charged for Sept, and again in October.

I tell them i have no accessed the account, i called to cancel it, they tell me they have no record of the call, and will cancel the account now, but will not refund my charges for July, Aug, Sept, or Oct.

They claim they have no way to see if i have accessed my account while i have been here deployed.

Last time i checked when i log in it tells me when my friends have last been on Xbox live, up to between 30-60 days.

I shoot my buddy an email and he logs in and it just says i am offline.. since it has been over 100 days since i was last on xbox live.

So how can my friend tell me that i havnt been online for atleast 30-60 days.. but Xbox live cant tell.

Should they not be able to see when the last time i was online, or played in a game, or did something on the marketplace or arcade.

So Microsoft has screwed me out of $35, plus if Citibank hits me with any late charges.

So I say f**k Microsoft and Xbox Live.

**Note I hate Playstation.. so yea i will end up renewing my membership, and playing COD and other games when i get home.. I just hate them right now

XBLGT: The 2T2 Sniper

2. Sep 26, 2008 at 11:44 AM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    and the fact that when you call you have to talk to someone you cant even understand!
    I had the red ring of death on my last xbox, called customer support and was going to get it fixed. when they asked for a return address to send it back once it was fixed I gave them my APO address. It was like pulling teeth tryin to get them to send it to me....ughhh
    Their customer support is garbage

3. Sep 26, 2008 at 11:48 AM
    AFButters

Member:
    First Name:
    "Butters"
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    2008 335xi BMW
    yeah i forgot to add.. that part.. i probobly could have hopped on a C21 and took a hour flight to kick this guy in the teeth..

4. Sep 26, 2008 at 11:56 AM
    Toy4Life

Toy4Life 668: The Neighbor of the Beast

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Slippery Rock, PA
    Vehicle:
    96 Subaru Outback 2.2 5mt
    92 4Runner SR5 3.0v6 4x4(sold) 02 Tacoma SR5 TRD Offroad 4x4 (sold)
    Xboxs sound great! Wish I had one.:rolleyes:

5. Sep 26, 2008 at 11:56 AM
    Hotdog

Hotdog My hair is all natural Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab
    Wet Okole Underwear
    since you're not going to be using your xbox, why don't you give it to me. I'll make sure not to use it also.

Oh yeah, that sucks. I'd probably file a complaint with your credit card company and tell them it was a fraudulent charge.

6. Sep 26, 2008 at 1:39 PM
    VeeRFour05

VeeRFour05 Active Member

Member:
    Yeah don't get that problem with PS3 since we don't have to pay to play online:D

That is a bunch of crap though. I had them do the same thing to me a few years back, tried to cancel and they kept charging me.

7. Sep 27, 2008 at 2:17 AM
    AFButters

Member:
    First Name:
    "Butters"
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    2008 335xi BMW

I have my xbox out here.. but i lack the internet connection to be able to play xbox live.

So right now im just dominating teams on NCAA 09..

Beat Georgia 64-13, Florida 41-36, Maryland 57-14, Marshall 54-10

8. Sep 27, 2008 at 7:53 PM
    Charli

Charli Stealer of Souls

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck?
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    '06 Black Sand 4X4 SR5 TRD Sport V6 Access Ca
    Towing pkg with Mossberg hitch cover, Toyota tube steps, 3" Toytec lift and TSB, 1" diff drop, Tacoma World sticker, sockmonkey decals
    They do suck--my step-brother "borrowed" my Mom's credit card that XBox Live had "locked in" without her realizing it, and when she called, they refused to remove the card due to Privacy Laws because it is his account even though he's only 12 and it's her card! It took 3 weeks and alot of work to get it removed. She kept saying, "What about the laws against fraudulent use of a credit card?!" but they didn't seem to care about that. My son has an XBox, but he will NEVER play on Live!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top