Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Famous Fabrication

Notices

Famous Fabrication Rock Sliders

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-22-2012, 07:01 AM   #221
Azdesert50 will become famous soon enoughAzdesert50 will become famous soon enough
Name: John
Azdesert50's Tacoma Gallery
I am going to use the Dupli-Color spray on bedliner for my sliders(adds some grip while it keeps them covered.

Old 05-28-2012, 06:25 PM   #223
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
I've got a set of frame plates for a DCSB/ACLB. They are revised for a hybrid style slider. I'll build a set of hybrids if someone wants em. First $200 deposit gets them.

Thanks!
Old 05-28-2012, 06:39 PM   #225
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mach1man001 View Post
Do you have the revised hybrid style for a DCLB?
Yes. Boxed it up to ship today. If this deal falls through, I'll let you know!
Old 05-28-2012, 07:27 PM   #227
Famous Fabrication

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mach1man001 View Post
Cool. I know the details may be in here but could you please tell me what size are the tubes and what materials they are made from? Also if no holes need to be drilled how many bolts are used to hold them on and how many legs do they use? Sorry in advance for all the questions
Please revert to OP.
Old 06-01-2012, 03:44 PM   #228
Famous Fabrication

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
TGIF BUMP

You last four should be getting your sliders within a weeks time!
Old 06-02-2012, 11:50 AM   #229
jimmyk4d5 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jim
jimmyk4d5's Tacoma Gallery
JB WELD with the rock sliders

has anyone tried or thought of using JB WELD (liquid metal) with the bolt on sliders for added strenghth and reinforcement? i thought it was a great idea, any thoughts. i will be getting mine soon and i thought of using this.
Old 06-02-2012, 12:28 PM   #230
Famous Fabrication

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyk4d5 View Post
has anyone tried or thought of using JB WELD (liquid metal) with the bolt on sliders for added strenghth and reinforcement? i thought it was a great idea, any thoughts. i will be getting mine soon and i thought of using this.
....as a locktite? I don't fully understand....
Old 06-02-2012, 02:20 PM   #231
if you have to ask, u can't afford it
tacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ray
tacobo670's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyk4d5 View Post
Lol let me guess, u live rite down the block from a walmart?? Lol jk
Old 06-03-2012, 10:20 AM   #232
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacobo670 View Post
Lol let me guess, u live rite down the block from a walmart?? Lol jk
let me guess you aren't a comedian. and you don't make sense.lol. JK
Old 06-03-2012, 10:24 AM   #233
jb weld

You can use the jb weld in conjunction with the bolts to make a stronger hold or weld if you will. you would put the jb weld between the frame plates and the frame at the time of installation,while you are bolting them on for added strength.
and JOBOB don't knock someone elses idea just because you don't get the easy concept. JK.lol.
Old 06-03-2012, 10:29 AM   #234
big sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
big sky's Tacoma Gallery
the biggest advantage of bolt on sliders vs weld on is the ability to bolt them on AND off, putting JB Weld on the bolts and you're going to be hard pressed w/ the off part. If the bolts are torqued correctly I don't see any real added strength w/ the JB weld

plenty of pics of guys lifting two wheels off w/ a hi-lift jack on the sliders, don't need it any stronger than that imo
Old 06-04-2012, 01:05 PM   #235
ok . i don't think many people are taking their sliders off and on,but maybe i'm wrong. two big reasons for getting the bolt ons--1 . ease of installation.
2. their is no chance of compromising the integrity of the frame with the weld on. 3. to take on and off?? i guess.
lets just all agree that the sliders are awesome and strong any way you install them!!!..
DONE
Old 06-04-2012, 03:40 PM   #236
Famous Fabrication

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think JBWeld would serve any purpose in that application. Just my $0.02
Old 06-04-2012, 07:46 PM   #237
Human after all
2blu4u is just really nice2blu4u is just really nice2blu4u is just really nice2blu4u is just really nice

2blu4u's Tacoma Gallery
Your company is now on my short list for sliders. Now to just make up my mind.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:55 PM   #238
Famous Fabrication

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
We'll also have bumpers very soon!
Old 06-05-2012, 12:18 PM   #239
If I can't get you out, neither can anyone else.
Darth Tater will become famous soon enoughDarth Tater will become famous soon enough
Air Force: MSgt, 22 yrs,
Name: Marlin
Darth Tater's Tacoma Gallery
Given any more thought to a rear, with a swing out spare tire carrier??
I also have something else I want you to build. It is a (inside the cab) roof mounted rifle rack. Holds two rifles. Since our trucks are so narrow, they might have to go long ways versus across the cab.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:36 PM   #240
Famous Fabrication

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Tater View Post
Given any more thought to a rear, with a swing out spare tire carrier??
I also have something else I want you to build. It is a (inside the cab) roof mounted rifle rack. Holds two rifles. Since our trucks are so narrow, they might have to go long ways versus across the cab.
What? Who are you?

Products Discussed in this Thread