Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Famous Fabrication

Notices

Famous Fabrication Rock Sliders

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-19-2013, 06:43 PM   #381
P9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Steve
P9HST2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
Short Answer: Other than high clearance vehicles, I haven't found anything with doors that can get past the stock FF sliders and into my doors.

You'll have to wait for tomorrow for the long answer from me.
Thanks DoorDing (ironic name). I saw you posted that before when I was reading but couldn't find an exact measurement so I asked. Appreciate any measurement you can get. I'm stock right now but plan on a 1.5 to 2" lift soon which should help against the cars too.
Old 01-19-2013, 07:47 PM   #382
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by P9HST2 View Post
I plan to buy sliders soon and these are in the final cut. Can someone tell me how far they stick out? I've been reading all over and can't seem to find it for these. Center or outer edge of tube to frame or pinch weld, whatever you can get. I want true sliders of course, but sadly my immediate concern is protection against urban door dings.
Not sure exact measurement but trust me, I love parking in tight spots.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:29 PM   #383
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I plan to buy sliders soon and these are in the final cut. Can someone tell me how far they stick out? I've been reading all over and can't seem to find it for these. Center or outer edge of tube to frame or pinch weld, whatever you can get. I want true sliders of course, but sadly my immediate concern is protection against urban door dings.
7-1/8" from pinch weld to outside edge of slider at 15* up.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:46 PM   #384
Last Straw of Brittfartikus
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWreck View Post
6" off pinch weld, 7" at kickout
Thanks for the information.
Now get back under the hood!

Hope you're having a good weekend.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:20 AM   #385
P9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to behold

P9HST2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
6" off pinch weld, 7" at kickout
Thanks for the quick reply, Derek. That's to the outer edge of the slider?
Old 01-20-2013, 10:30 AM   #386
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks for the quick reply, Derek. That's to the outer edge of the slider?
Old 01-20-2013, 11:31 AM   #387

P9HST2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sorry to keep bugging you. Is that on the main tube or the kickout?
Old 01-20-2013, 11:40 AM   #388
Famous Fabrication

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sorry to keep bugging you. Is that on the main tube or the kickout?
Main
Old 01-20-2013, 12:12 PM   #389

P9HST2's Tacoma Gallery
Perfect, I'll place an order right now!
Old 01-20-2013, 12:59 PM   #390
Famous Fabrication

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Perfect, I'll place an order right now!
Old 01-20-2013, 01:07 PM   #391
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Has anybody installed these with just jack stands and without a 2nd set of hands?
Old 01-20-2013, 01:08 PM   #392
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeene9 View Post
Has anybody installed these with just jack stands and without a 2nd set of hands?
I have. It's not to bad.
Old 01-20-2013, 01:17 PM   #393
Famous Fabrication

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have installed several sets simply just by myself. No jack stands, no second person. It is fairly easy.
Old 01-20-2013, 04:33 PM   #394
Last Straw of Brittfartikus
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yes. I propped the first slider up on jack stands, but didn't bother with it for the second side. It wasn't necessary, but I used a floor jack to fully seat the slider against the frame and crossmember before final tightening. A jack can also help support the loose end after you get a bolt in on one end. Lift with the jack and pivot off of the bolt.

The only difficulty I had was getting the nuts and bolts together inside the front, boxed frame section. A second set of hands wouldn't have helped me with that.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:59 PM   #395
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Got them installed tonight. Need to go get a 7/8" end wrench as I couldn't get my socket inside the box frame and next to the fuel tank. Also, probably need to get a jack under them to get them fully seated.

Overall I'm very impressed with this product!
Old 01-26-2013, 07:58 AM   #396
Famous Fabrication

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
(2) reg cab in stock

(1) DCLB in stock
Old 01-26-2013, 02:51 PM   #397

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Sliders got broke in last night. Just a little rub on a rock.

And they sounded like they were getting used today on the bottoms.
Attached Thumbnails
Famous Fabrication Rock Sliders-image.jpg  
Old 01-26-2013, 03:06 PM   #398

P9HST2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sliders got broke in last night. Just a little rub on a rock.

And they sounded like they were getting used today on the bottoms.
They looked so nice just the other day too!

What did you paint them with? I need to pick up something so I'm ready to finish mine when they get here. I'll probably just do etching primer and some sort of black spray paint from a can.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:32 PM   #399
Famous Fabrication

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
They looked so nice just the other day too!

What did you paint them with? I need to pick up something so I'm ready to finish mine when they get here. I'll probably just do etching primer and some sort of black spray paint from a can.
Personally, they'll be touched up so often that it wouldn't hurt to just do a primer/paint in one.
Old 01-26-2013, 04:59 PM   #400

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
I used rattle-can primer then rattle-can flat black. Probably just going to do touch-ups with flat black.

Products Discussed in this Thread