Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Famous Fabrication

Notices

Hood hinge light brackets for LEDs

Old 09-17-2012, 07:16 PM   #23
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveEli View Post
Do you have a set of the hood hinge light brackets available for shipping now? I would like a set. Could you ship them when you ship my sliders and I will pay for them then?
Currently out of stock. I will do my best to send a pair with your sliders though.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:22 PM   #24
808 Zombie Outbreak Tactical Response Team K9 Unit
DJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to all

Name: Sean
DJSPEC's Tacoma Gallery
Brackets just came in this morning! I paired the brackets with Rigid Industries Duallys. The Brackets fit and work perfectly with RI's provided bolts and nuts.

Very easy installation! I put them in by myself, Installed them as described in the previous post with no problems. The hood stays steady the whole time.

I used towels to protect the hood and windshield from scratching while I was tightening the brackets down. (I didn't need them, I just didn't want to risk it.)
Derek shipped them on 9/12/2012 and they arrives 5 days later. Thanks bro!
They are fit and work exactly as described and are perfect.
I'll post better pictures soon!

Old 09-17-2012, 08:27 PM   #25
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJSPEC View Post
Brackets just came in this morning! I paired the brackets with Rigid Industries Duallys. The Brackets fit and work perfectly with RI's provided bolts and nuts.

Very easy installation! I put them in by myself, Installed them as described in the previous post with no problems. The hood stays steady the whole time.

I used towels to protect the hood and windshield from scratching while I was tightening the brackets down. (I didn't need them, I just didn't want to risk it.)

Wow! That was quick! Looks great. Thanks for confirming that the Duallys fit. I have been getting that question from a few.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:39 PM   #26
DJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to all

DJSPEC's Tacoma Gallery
Got some night shots tonight. These pictures are with RI Duallys. I don't have night shots with Bulldog Lighting Spikes.
Having the lights mounted so high up really shows off the optimum output of the duallys. (compared to having them mounted in the valance)
I love these brackets! They allowed me to put the light right where I wanted.

Old 09-18-2012, 03:44 PM   #28
DaveEli has a brilliant futureDaveEli has a brilliant futureDaveEli has a brilliant futureDaveEli has a brilliant futureDaveEli has a brilliant futureDaveEli has a brilliant futureDaveEli has a brilliant futureDaveEli has a brilliant futureDaveEli has a brilliant futureDaveEli has a brilliant futureDaveEli has a brilliant future

Name: David
DaveEli's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I love the look of those brackets with the lights. Did you get white lights, and are they flood or spot? Also did you get the covers, I wonder how they fit. What is it like driving at night with the reflection off of the hood? I have ordered a set to use when we are driving down dark country roads so maybe we won't hit another deer. I want to aim them off to the sides of the truck to let those pesky deer know we are comming.
Old 09-18-2012, 03:51 PM   #29
Famous Fabrication

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I love the look of those brackets with the lights. Did you get white lights, and are they flood or spot? Also did you get the covers, I wonder how they fit. What is it like driving at night with the reflection off of the hood? I have ordered a set to use when we are driving down dark country roads so maybe we won't hit another deer. I want to aim them off to the sides of the truck to let those pesky deer know we are comming.
Mine are aiming off the side. Same reason, deer.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:09 PM   #30

DJSPEC's Tacoma Gallery
These are the white spot pattern, they put a lot of light in a concentrated area. Absolutely No glare reflects off the hood back into the cab either.

The covers hold on by friction alone, they fit kind of awkwardly, but have yet to shift or fall off after about a year of driving.
Old 09-18-2012, 05:33 PM   #31
DaveEli has a brilliant futureDaveEli has a brilliant futureDaveEli has a brilliant futureDaveEli has a brilliant futureDaveEli has a brilliant futureDaveEli has a brilliant futureDaveEli has a brilliant futureDaveEli has a brilliant futureDaveEli has a brilliant futureDaveEli has a brilliant futureDaveEli has a brilliant future

Name: David
DaveEli's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
These are the white spot pattern, they put a lot of light in a concentrated area. Absolutely No glare reflects off the hood back into the cab either.

The covers hold on by friction alone, they fit kind of awkwardly, but have yet to shift or fall off after about a year of driving.

How do they wire up? Do they have plugs? I will have to remove them for State Inspections. Dave
Old 09-18-2012, 05:54 PM   #32
K Dog is on a distinguished road

Name: Kevin
K Dog's Tacoma Gallery

These are defiantly my next purchase!!

also how bad is the reflection off the hood with that location??
Old 09-19-2012, 02:08 AM   #33

DJSPEC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
How do they wire up? Do they have plugs? I will have to remove them for State Inspections. Dave
The duallys come with a wiring harness that is all plug and play. As easy as it gets. Comes complete with a fuse, a switch, and plugs that are already built into the harness. Plugging and unplugging is a lot like the connectors on HID systems.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:31 AM   #34
K Dog is on a distinguished road

Name: Kevin
K Dog's Tacoma Gallery
nvm about the glare question, i read the post above.

Im wondering how well a Hella 500ff in this location though..... any thoughts?
Old 09-19-2012, 06:53 AM   #35
Famous Fabrication

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by K Dog View Post
nvm about the glare question, i read the post above.

Im wondering how well a Hella 500ff in this location though..... any thoughts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbvolks View Post
Wired up and mounted, so pics as promised...

These are on Relentless brackets.
Old 09-19-2012, 02:39 PM   #36
Texas Taco
Oury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oury
Oury's Tacoma Gallery
I really like these brackets, think I will put some dually's on them too.
Old 09-19-2012, 02:56 PM   #37
ty.s07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedty.s07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedty.s07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedty.s07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedty.s07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedty.s07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedty.s07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedty.s07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedty.s07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedty.s07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedty.s07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ty (like tie your shoes)
ty.s07's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to ty.s07
I have a set of dually's to go on my brackets as well. Can't wait to get them in and get it all installed.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:21 PM   #38
Famous Fabrication

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
FYI, I am now a dealer for Bulldog Lighting for all of you mentioning "Duallys".

The Bulldog Lighting Spikes are brighter and cheaper.