Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Famous Fabrication

Notices

Hood hinge light brackets for LEDs

Old 04-17-2013, 06:56 AM   #141
Ridendirtywhips will become famous soon enoughRidendirtywhips will become famous soon enough
Ridendirtywhips's Tacoma Gallery
Put me one for a pair. Thanks
Old 04-20-2013, 09:18 PM   #142
Maibatsu Monstrosity
Jaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of light
Name: James
Jaime's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
I have the same exact set up as you and my LED lights tend to vibrate a lot at high way speeds. Keep us posted on what you end up doing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime View Post
Yep I got the idea to buy those lights from you on the previous page . Will do!
Yea they started driving me crazy by bounching around too much, especially during braking. So here's what I came up with:

Found the 1" rubber stoppers at Lowe's, and drilled down about 1/2" into the stopper for the bolt to slide into. FYI I also used a little bit longer bolts, and also had to trim the stoppers a bit:

For those of you with newer trucks and/or if you're super concerned about your paint, this method might now work for you. All I know is my lights are rock solid now!
Old 04-21-2013, 12:59 AM   #143
Maximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: D
Maximus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime View Post
Yea they started driving me crazy by bounching around too much, especially during braking. So here's what I came up with:

Found the 1" rubber stoppers at Lowe's, and drilled down about 1/2" into the stopper for the bolt to slide into. FYI I also used a little bit longer bolts, and also had to trim the stoppers a bit:

For those of you with newer trucks and/or if you're super concerned about your paint, this method might now work for you. All I know is my lights are rock solid now!
Nice! I might have to give this a shot
Old 04-21-2013, 01:15 AM   #144
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Some have a bouncing issue and some don't. I personally never have with two different sets of brackets. I'm thinking there is a slight weight difference between lights and some just pass that threshold.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:12 AM   #146
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Also subb'd for next batch!
Old 04-22-2013, 11:25 AM   #147
808 Zombie Outbreak Tactical Response Team K9 Unit
DJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to all

Name: Sean
DJSPEC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWreck View Post
Some have a bouncing issue and some don't. I personally never have with two different sets of brackets. I'm thinking there is a slight weight difference between lights and some just pass that threshold.
I could see this being true.

Just my personal experience, I haven't had any bouncing issues with the rigid industries duallys. It stays solid over all the potholes

I might get that rubber stopper as a anti-theft deterant though!
Old 04-22-2013, 07:50 PM   #148
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJSPEC View Post
I could see this being true.

Just my personal experience, I haven't had any bouncing issues with the rigid industries duallys. It stays solid over all the potholes

I might get that rubber stopper as a anti-theft deterant though!
Good idea!
Old 04-26-2013, 08:02 PM   #149
Famous Fabrication

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Standby!
Attached Thumbnails
Hood hinge light brackets for LEDs-image.jpg  
Old 04-26-2013, 08:32 PM   #150
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
LoadedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Standby!
Sick!
Old 04-26-2013, 10:43 PM   #151
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Standby!
I'm in!!! Hurry up! My money is burning a hole in my pocket lol

PM sent
Old 04-27-2013, 12:49 PM   #152
Valsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brian
Valsmere's Tacoma Gallery
Standing by
Old 04-27-2013, 03:24 PM   #153

Payment sent!!
Old 04-27-2013, 03:37 PM   #154
Famous Fabrication

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
We are now offering light brackets that bolt directly up to the hood hinge!

These will accomodate deeper LED lights and not interfere with windshield or wipers.

Made from 3/16" cold rolled steel
Laser cut to ensure consistency and accuracy
CNC bent
NOW comes powdercoated with black crinkle finish

1 pair (left and right) for ONLY $60 shipped!

Please send payment via PayPal to FamousFabrication@hotmail.com

Please include USPS shipping address in "memo" box.

Instructions;

Remove forward-most bolt on hood hinge with 12mm socket or wrench

Install bracket with this bolt and tighten snugly. Failure to do so may result in hood slipping off alignment in next step.

Remove other bolt from hood hinge.

Rotate light bracket on first bolt to align second hole on bracket with last bolt removed. Install bolt and tighten. Double check tightness on both bolts.

Install lights

Note: Some have had issues with vibration in the bracket. Some lights weigh more than others so keep this in mind when picking out a light to accomodate your new FF brackets. If you do get play, there is a genious fix on page 4 of this thread.
Old 04-27-2013, 04:07 PM   #155
Valsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brian
Valsmere's Tacoma Gallery
Where do I send payment and shipping info to, the website or pm?
Old 04-27-2013, 04:16 PM   #156
Ridendirtywhips will become famous soon enoughRidendirtywhips will become famous soon enough
Ridendirtywhips's Tacoma Gallery
Will send u payment tonight.
Old 04-27-2013, 06:22 PM   #158

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valsmere View Post
Where do I send payment and shipping info to, the website or pm?
Paypal Famousfabrication@hotmail.com
Old 04-27-2013, 06:48 PM   #160
Rajas is a splendid one to beholdRajas is a splendid one to beholdRajas is a splendid one to beholdRajas is a splendid one to beholdRajas is a splendid one to beholdRajas is a splendid one to behold
Rajas's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd. Nice.