Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Famous Fabrication

Notices

Feeler: Air Tank Sliders

Old 09-18-2012, 10:12 PM   #41
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Not sure if it has been mentioned but I have seen tube buggies use their tubes as an air tank or even to run coolant through part of it.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:25 PM   #42
Most people call me ... Jim.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Not sure if it has been mentioned but I have seen tube buggies use their tubes as an air tank or even to run coolant through part of it.
I think Derek may want to market these products as unpressurized fluid storage, just like that.

Whipper, you've been around here awhile. Have you seen posts about people tearing up sliders to the point where the tubes probably wouldn't be air tight?
Old 09-18-2012, 10:32 PM   #43
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
Whipper, you've been around here awhile. Have you seen posts about people tearing up sliders to the point where the tubes probably wouldn't be air tight?
Depends on who you are. There isn't much of that on this site. Only members like Lurry(banned), Monkeyproof and a few others actually use their sliders.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:38 PM   #44
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Depends on who you are. There isn't much of that on this site. Only members like Lurry(banned), Monkeyproof and a few others actually use their sliders.
Good point. While certainly a capable offroad vehicle, I didn't buy a Tacoma to take it on trails guaranteed to beat the hell out of the skid plates and sliders. If I wanted to do that kind of stuff, I would've bought an FJ or gasp! a Jeep. The shorter wheelbase and better angles just make for a better starting point for a rock beast, IMO.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:28 PM   #45
km12 is on a distinguished road
Name: Kenny
km12's Tacoma Gallery
Any updates on these sliders, are you going to be selling them as a normal item or a special order? Also can you make them out of DOM tubing?
Old 10-08-2012, 05:30 PM   #46
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by km12 View Post
Any updates on these sliders, are you going to be selling them as a normal item or a special order? Also can you make them out of DOM tubing?
Could but DOM will increase price substantially. I am currently catching up on orders. I'm trying my hardest to keep wait times low so I will be finishing up what I currently have on order before furthering air capable sliders.
Old 11-24-2012, 03:49 PM   #47
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skygear View Post
Hey! Any update here? I have a little insurance money and have been dreaming of these for months now.
I have been far too busy to persue these. Sorry.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:24 AM   #48
Famous Fabrication

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Alright folks, I believe I've got these figured out!

Sliders will look exactly the same

Will include an inlet, a drain, and an outlet.

I will make a thread later with prices and pictures of mine.

What are you willing to pay for full bolt on, zero drill sliders that will hold ~ 4 gallons?
Old 01-17-2013, 09:31 AM   #49
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWreck View Post
Alright folks, I believe I've got these figured out!

Sliders will look exactly the same

Will include an inlet, a drain, and an outlet.

I will make a thread later with prices and pictures of mine.

What are you willing to pay for full bolt on, zero drill sliders that will hold ~ 4 gallons?
4 gal is nice!!!!!!
Old 01-17-2013, 09:33 AM   #50
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
By the way. 1st
Old 01-17-2013, 10:12 AM   #51
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
DCSB $600
Old 01-17-2013, 10:32 AM   #52
Famous Fabrication

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skygear View Post
DCSB $600
+ shipping of $100?
Old 01-17-2013, 10:52 AM   #53
Pcyc is on a distinguished road
Name: Fritz
Pcyc's Tacoma Gallery
Man now I am pissed I didnt wait. My current sliders are in paint.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:59 AM   #54
Pcyc's Tacoma Gallery
Depending on how much extra materials and if they are the hybrid style or not.

I think $650 shipped is a fair deal. Considering Slee offroad is not rated to hold air but can, they are priced around $950. the slee sliders wouldnt come with the air fittings. However Slee's would be finished. when I priced options for my sliders(Powder coat - linex etc) it was around $150 - 200

Being modest Air sliders for $800 finished on the truck is a good deal.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:25 AM   #55
Famous Fabrication

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pcyc View Post
Depending on how much extra materials and if they are the hybrid style or not.

I think $650 shipped is a fair deal. Considering Slee offroad is not rated to hold air but can, they are priced around $950. the slee sliders wouldnt come with the air fittings. However Slee's would be finished. when I priced options for my sliders(Powder coat - linex etc) it was around $150 - 200

Being modest Air sliders for $800 finished on the truck is a good deal.
Could you further explain this please?
Old 01-17-2013, 01:19 PM   #56
Pcyc's Tacoma Gallery
I have read online that the "slee brand" are welded within tolerances to hold air. Thus the sliders could be used as an airtank. When I spoke to them on the phone they said they will hold air but they do not endorse that as a function for liability reasons. I do not want to speak for there company, and I suggest you do further research. I bought your sliders because in my research it was the best option for me and my needs. I think if I am doing long distance wheeling, I will be purchasing a set of your air tank sliders. For now I am extremely happy with my set.

Also do you have a install guide on the sliders? I just need to know where to use the smaller sized washers.

Thanks,

Fritz
Old 01-17-2013, 05:23 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pcyc View Post
I have read online that the "slee brand" are welded within tolerances to hold air. Thus the sliders could be used as an airtank. When I spoke to them on the phone they said they will hold air but they do not endorse that as a function for liability reasons.
[...]
Sounds familiar.
Old 05-26-2013, 09:16 AM   #58
Not Mine
EasyDoesIt is a splendid one to beholdEasyDoesIt is a splendid one to beholdEasyDoesIt is a splendid one to beholdEasyDoesIt is a splendid one to beholdEasyDoesIt is a splendid one to beholdEasyDoesIt is a splendid one to beholdEasyDoesIt is a splendid one to behold
Name: Steve
EasyDoesIt's Tacoma Gallery
I'm moving to vegas in August and would be interested in a pair. Let me know if you are up for making another set.

Steve
Old 05-26-2013, 09:18 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyDoesIt View Post
I'm moving to vegas in August and would be interested in a pair. Let me know if you are up for making another set.

Steve
Derek got out of the fabrication business. I don't know if he does one-off projects, but it'd be worth a PM to discuss it with him. He does good work, and his products are missed.
Old 05-26-2013, 11:17 AM   #60
Not Mine
EasyDoesIt is a splendid one to beholdEasyDoesIt is a splendid one to beholdEasyDoesIt is a splendid one to beholdEasyDoesIt is a splendid one to beholdEasyDoesIt is a splendid one to beholdEasyDoesIt is a splendid one to beholdEasyDoesIt is a splendid one to behold
Name: Steve
EasyDoesIt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
Derek got out of the fabrication business. I don't know if he does one-off projects, but it'd be worth a PM to discuss it with him. He does good work, and his products are missed.
Damn, that sucks. Thanks for the heads up.