Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Famous Fabrication

Notices

Feeler: Air Tank Sliders

Old 05-26-2013, 01:24 PM   #61
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyDoesIt View Post
I'm moving to vegas in August and would be interested in a pair. Let me know if you are up for making another set.

Steve
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
Derek got out of the fabrication business. I don't know if he does one-off projects, but it'd be worth a PM to discuss it with him. He does good work, and his products are missed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyDoesIt View Post
Damn, that sucks. Thanks for the heads up.
Currently not able to produce. Sorry!
Old 05-26-2013, 01:36 PM   #62
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWreck View Post
Currently not able to produce. Sorry!
Hey! How are things? May as well get something positive out of continuing this thread.
Old 05-26-2013, 01:46 PM   #63
MudFlap is a splendid one to beholdMudFlap is a splendid one to beholdMudFlap is a splendid one to beholdMudFlap is a splendid one to beholdMudFlap is a splendid one to beholdMudFlap is a splendid one to beholdMudFlap is a splendid one to behold

Name: Tim
MudFlap's Tacoma Gallery
I have never seen this thread before but I really like the idea. But I wonder, somebody smarter than me tell me why we cant buy a regular portable type air tank from Home Depot and strap it up high somewhere under the body of the truck? Seems like a decent idea. How expensive would it be to have a custom built air tank (like 6 inch diameter by 3 feet long) and mount it right on top of the frame rail. Of course I aint looked under a 2nd gen to see how big of a tank would go but yall see what Im getting at. Just a random idea off top of my head is all.
Old 05-26-2013, 02:10 PM   #64
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MudFlap View Post
I have never seen this thread before but I really like the idea. But I wonder, somebody smarter than me tell me why we cant buy a regular portable type air tank from Home Depot and strap it up high somewhere under the body of the truck? Seems like a decent idea. How expensive would it be to have a custom built air tank (like 6 inch diameter by 3 feet long) and mount it right on top of the frame rail. Of course I aint looked under a 2nd gen to see how big of a tank would go but yall see what Im getting at. Just a random idea off top of my head is all.
If you can find the right tank size and with the right pressure rating, you can mount it. I'm sure people do just that, but you have to find the right size for your space. Another problem is that most cheaper tanks are steel, and they'll rust inside and out under the bed. Some aftermarket, purpose made tanks for OBA are aluminum, which saves weight and avoids most of the corrosion issue, but they're expensive.

A custom tank will run into the same certification issues that were discussed earlier in this thread. It's one thing if you manufacture your own tank, but once you pay someone to build one, I believe they assume some liability WRT certification standards. Some HPLV compressors use multiple tanks similar in size to the 6"x3' size you described, so it probably isn't hard to find something around that size.