LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Famous Fabrication

Notices

CB Antenna/Flag mount (through tailgate)

Old 12-16-2012, 10:07 PM   #22
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
I think I'll be ordering these sometime after mid January. I don't really want to get rid of my tonneau and I don't want to mount a CB antenna on the front or top of my truck so looks like this is my best option!
Old 12-28-2012, 06:18 PM   #24
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Got mine installed this week works awesome with my tonneau cover.

Only recommendation I have is to do a dry run before you prime and paint as I had to do some bending to adjust it as it was hitting the tail gate/wouldn't allow it to close.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:43 PM   #25
JimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud of
Name: Jim
JimBCa's Tacoma Gallery
Installed mount today. I did 2 coats of primer, and three of satin black. You don't even notice it there.

Fit was perfect and very very sturdy.

Happy, I am..
Old 01-12-2013, 09:05 PM   #26
Money Pit
tacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant future

Name: Chase
tacoma89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeene9 View Post
Got mine installed this week works awesome with my tonneau cover.

Only recommendation I have is to do a dry run before you prime and paint as I had to do some bending to adjust it as it was hitting the tail gate/wouldn't allow it to close.
Got any pics of it with the tonneau cover. I have an are cover and am unsure if it will work
Old 01-12-2013, 09:07 PM   #27
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma89 View Post
Got any pics of it with the tonneau cover. I have an are cover and am unsure if it will work
It will! I have gotten a new phone since taking the picture, but there is one in my gallery of it with a bed cover.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:07 PM   #29
Money Pit
tacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant future

Nice. Will add to the list of things to get. Thought my cover came down lower, but i don't have it on to measure.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:20 PM   #30
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma89 View Post
Nice. Will add to the list of things to get. Thought my cover came down lower, but i don't have it on to measure.
If you need measurements, lemme know.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:22 PM   #31
rockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
rockgecko03's Tacoma Gallery
Another nice thing about that location using those bolts for the CB antenna mount is that those bolts are grounded.

Nice work!
Old 01-13-2013, 06:42 AM   #32
Money Pit

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWreck View Post
If you need measurements, lemme know.
When I get the topper on next I will let you know what I am working with. Thanks for the help so far and hope to do business with ya
Old 01-13-2013, 08:17 AM   #33
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Ill have the cover on at Shoe Creek if you want to take a look as well.
Attached Thumbnails
CB Antenna/Flag mount (through tailgate)-image.jpg  
Old 01-13-2013, 09:20 AM   #34
Money Pit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeene9 View Post
Ill have the cover on at Shoe Creek if you want to take a look as well.
Looks good. I will see ya there
Old 01-21-2013, 06:15 AM   #36
nyfishhunter has much to be proud ofnyfishhunter has much to be proud ofnyfishhunter has much to be proud ofnyfishhunter has much to be proud ofnyfishhunter has much to be proud ofnyfishhunter has much to be proud ofnyfishhunter has much to be proud ofnyfishhunter has much to be proud ofnyfishhunter has much to be proud ofnyfishhunter has much to be proud of

Name: Sean
nyfishhunter's Tacoma Gallery
Very cool idea. I have an Undercover tonneau cover and this maybe the solution. I'm not an expert on antennas and have always used the magnetic ones. With this mounting a bit lower, do you know what antenna length would be recommended? Just trying to do all my research first. Thanks.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:09 PM   #38
HDDUDE1 is on a distinguished road
HDDUDE1's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the great writeup and pics. Was able to fab and install a bracket in about an hour. I found if your tight for room between box to tailgate ,a little tweeking of the bracket helps also can slide bracket /mount between black metal liner and truck for even more between space.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:41 AM   #39
Blueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
Blueitrgsr's Tacoma Gallery
Installed mine for a dry run today. Works with ARE camper top. An Westin tail light guards. Gonna throw some spray on bed liner and move my setup to the back. Using a a relentless hood mount now. Gonna see if I can get some better swr back there. Great looking product famous.
Old 03-09-2013, 04:32 PM   #40
2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed2006KJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

2006KJ's Tacoma Gallery
PM sent.. hope to do business with ya soon

Products Discussed in this Thread