LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Famous Fabrication

Notices

FF Roof Rack (Plate)

Old 12-21-2012, 07:40 AM   #1
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
FF Roof Rack (Plate)

Introducing the newest product to our line, a low profile, plate roof rack!

This rack features 1/8" steel perimeter, full bolt on to factory locations in the roof of double cab models, tie down points every 8" around perimeter, provisions for optional light brackets or mounts, including provisions for hi-lift and shovel mounts.

The rack sits much lower than most tube roof racks. The front windscreen piece is at the same angle as the windshield, limitting wind noise and resistance. The sides match the angle of the side glass almost as if it was meant to be there from the factory.

Is it strong? It is! I can personally (150lbs) walk all over this rack with minimal deflectiion. In the picture below, you can see a 265lb gentleman standing on top of this rack. He too can bounce on the rack with minimal deflection.

Like stated above, everything bolts together using 3/8" zinc coated hardware. All nuts are welded so the use of a wrech is not needed. The bolts used for factory location are also zinc plated M6 1.0x18. It is recommended that silicon is used on these bolts to prevent moisture intrusion into the cab.

The price will $450 plus shipping (currently working on the best deal).

That price includes;
-(6) roof mount brackets
-(1) 1/8" plate perimeter with tie down holes
-(1) 16 guage 1/2" expanded metal deck
-(2) 1" 0.65 wall square tubing crossbars
- And all the hardware to boot.

*Patent pending
Old 12-21-2012, 07:56 AM   #4
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Can anyone fix that sideways pic for me please?
Old 12-21-2012, 07:58 AM   #6
Famous Fabrication

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
BTW, I'm having a 10% sale on all my products until the ball drops at midnight!
Old 12-21-2012, 07:58 AM   #7
Famous Fabrication

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
looks upright to me...
Hmm, sideways on my iPhone 5
Old 12-21-2012, 08:04 AM   #9
My68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
My68ur8trd's Tacoma Gallery
could you recess mount an LED Bar across the front?

Justin
Old 12-21-2012, 08:08 AM   #10
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
That has got to be the cleanest looking roof rack installation I've seen on a 2nd Gen yet. If I had any use for one, I'd get yours in a heartbeat. Very nice work
Old 12-21-2012, 08:09 AM   #11
Pelfreybilt Off-Road
Socalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
Socalduckslayer's Tacoma Gallery
Anoither great looking product, lookin good Derek
Old 12-21-2012, 08:10 AM   #12
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great

How much does it weigh ?
Old 12-21-2012, 08:12 AM   #13
Retired Senior NCO
sfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired U.S. Army Air Defender
Name: Dan
sfcadams's Tacoma Gallery
nice
Old 12-21-2012, 08:13 AM   #15
JustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
JustinL's Tacoma Gallery
Unrelated - I like those LED's mounted below the windshield. Do you make a mount for those or have more info on how you mounted them
Old 12-21-2012, 08:14 AM   #16
Famous Fabrication

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Very nice. So pissed the AC doesn't have roof rack mounting spots...cause I'd be getting one of these!!
I will be working on this!
Quote:
Originally Posted by My68ur8trd View Post
could you recess mount an LED Bar across the front?

Justin
I plan on it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
That has got to be the cleanest looking roof rack installation I've seen on a 2nd Gen yet. If I had any use for one, I'd get yours in a heartbeat. Very nice work
Why thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalduckslayer View Post
Anoither great looking product, lookin good Derek
Thanks bud
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Looks great

How much does it weigh ?
600lbs give or take a few hundred.

I'll weigh it the next time it's off.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:16 AM   #17
Famous Fabrication

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinL View Post
Unrelated - I like those LED's mounted below the windshield. Do you make a mount for those or have more info on how you mounted them
I do. Please view my year end thread in the vendor section. Current pricing is in there.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:16 AM   #18
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
thats a rick rack.

i really like that ow idk if i want to build or buy....
Old 12-21-2012, 08:17 AM   #19
Famous Fabrication

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnRedNeck721 View Post
thats a rick rack.

i really like that ow idk if i want to build or buy....
The roof contours are a witch!
Old 12-21-2012, 08:30 AM   #20
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWreck View Post
The roof contours are a witch!
yeah i was looking at that one day.

i was going to build a round tube style not a plate style. and i was going to have the tubes bent since i donít have a bender.