Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > FJ Cruisers

Notices

The Official TW FJ owners Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-07-2013, 04:26 PM   #3441
4 Bangin' SOB
GEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
GEORGE STRAIT's Tacoma Gallery

This bad boy arrived today
Old 11-12-2013, 07:00 PM   #3442
4 Bangin' SOB
GEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
GEORGE STRAIT's Tacoma Gallery

View from my office
Old 11-21-2013, 12:11 PM   #3443
LRSilverbullet is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement:
Name: Dave
LRSilverbullet's Tacoma Gallery
Count me in!
2010 FJ in white. Great little truck -
3" Toytec lift, ARB front and rear bumpers, Goodrich KM2s, and several other little mods.
Attached Thumbnails
The Official TW FJ owners Thread-fj2.jpg   The Official TW FJ owners Thread-fj.jpg  
Old 12-30-2013, 03:22 PM   #3444
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Hey fellas just wanted to inform you that TCBOB gave me the okay to start selling my products on TW

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...r-bumpers.html
Old 01-20-2014, 11:14 PM   #3445
Loves Sammiches.
J Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 25B - IT
Name: Jared
J Rod's Tacoma Gallery
A little late here.. Traded the prerunner in on this. Having 4x4 is a Godsend!

Old 02-09-2014, 12:38 PM   #3446
Housework can't kill you, but why take a chance?
Doc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
Doc4216's Tacoma Gallery
Just got it yesterday! Traded my 08 taco in for it! Much better to drive cross country in with the dogs!
Old 02-10-2014, 11:58 AM   #3447
Loves Sammiches.
J Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shed

J Rod's Tacoma Gallery
Best color too!
Old 02-10-2014, 12:37 PM   #3448
tacocolin is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacocolin is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacocolin is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacocolin is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacocolin is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacocolin is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacocolin is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacocolin is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacocolin is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacocolin is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacocolin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
tacocolin's Tacoma Gallery
A few pix from the last week or so.

IMG_1947 by Captures by Colin, on Flickr

IMG_1772 by Captures by Colin, on Flickr

IMG_1704ps by Captures by Colin, on Flickr

IMG_1713ps by Captures by Colin, on Flickr
Old 02-12-2014, 07:15 PM   #3449
haddix will become famous soon enoughhaddix will become famous soon enough

haddix's Tacoma Gallery
I've been building a front bumper for the FJ.

Old 02-18-2014, 09:45 AM   #3450
Trey133 is on a distinguished road
Name: Trey
Trey133's Tacoma Gallery
Just picked her up this past weekend! I'm still smiling ear to ear

Old 02-18-2014, 10:04 AM   #3451
virginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Retired SNCO
virginiamarine's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey133 View Post
Just picked her up this past weekend! I'm still smiling ear to ear

That's when you know you made a good decision in life!
Old 02-20-2014, 03:51 PM   #3452
Ronix is on a distinguished road

Name: Clay
Ronix's Tacoma Gallery
Picking this bad boy up this weekend.
It's a 2010 Fj with only 32k on the odo. Clean car fax. It doesn't have much upgraded to it from factory but has fjammer radio and subwoofer also has the back up camera and transducers. First mods up are the head unit and subwoofers. After that what do you all recommend!
Old 02-21-2014, 08:02 AM   #3453
G.A.S. (Gear Acquisition Syndrome) sufferer
dionysis has a spectacular aura aboutdionysis has a spectacular aura about
Name: Jim
dionysis's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronix View Post
Picking this bad boy up this weekend.
It's a 2010 Fj with only 32k on the odo. Clean car fax. It doesn't have much upgraded to it from factory but has fjammer radio and subwoofer also has the back up camera and transducers. First mods up are the head unit and subwoofers. After that what do you all recommend!
Looks like fun! I recommend NOT getting an APPRadio 3. However, I also have the Pioneer AVH-X5600BHT and it is awesome with my iphone 5!

Here is the list of what I did to my wife's FJ and it sounds absoutely amazing and looks stock (minus the deck).
  • Pioneer APPRadio 3 - will be swapping out with a AVH-X5600BHT soon
  • mounting kit, break light bypass, steering wheel kit, etc for radio
  • Alpine MRX-V70 5 channel Amp
  • 2 sets of FOCAL 4" Coaxial Speakers similar to these.
  • 1 set of FOCAL 6.5" Components similar to these
  • 1 8" subwoofer which fits into the stock box with some minor modifications found here.

If I were to do it all over again. I would put the AVH-X5600 in from the start and I would probably also purchase a PDX-V9 amp instead of the MRX-V70. The V70 is awesome but the 6.5" speakers could use a little more power. I have considered running the 4" speakers all off of deck power and then bridging the 4 channels of the V70 to pump 140 watts to the 6.5's. That would probably achieve the same results for $300 less.
Old 02-22-2014, 07:05 AM   #3454
Ronix is on a distinguished road

Name: Clay
Ronix's Tacoma Gallery
I have an old school 4 channel kicker amp that I can not remember the name of that works quite well right now. I'm wanting to get a alpine pdx 4.600 for the mids and highs and depending on if I get the boxes that have two tens on either wheel pocket of the truck I will get the alpine 1.600. Right now I have two rockford p2s 12s that can get down with my older alpine pdx 1.600. But I'm getting tired of the extra bass and I would like to replace the amp as well.

I know I want to put an alpine navigation in at some point in time. But I can't swing the nearly 1k for the one I want. I have a kenwood single din that I have in the garage that will work fine until then.

As for the mids and highs I have no idea on what route to go with them. I will look into the focals!

Also what is the brake light bypass?
Old 02-22-2014, 08:10 AM   #3455
The parking brake bypass is something that fools the nanny system on the head unit. The manufacturer only wants you to watch movies while the parking brake is enabled. This bypasses that so it can play when you are. Moving.
Old 02-25-2014, 07:08 AM   #3456
virginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Retired SNCO
virginiamarine's Tacoma Gallery
I was gonna recommend some AT tires and a 3" lift, steel bumper and skids. And, of course....LIGHTS, Lights, lights! lol Enjoy!
If the interior is what your focusing on right now.....Ellis Precision in the blue room (FJCruiserForum) is selling off stock at really good prices for shifters and grab handles to give the inside a more custom look.
Old 02-25-2014, 09:22 AM   #3457
NorthernTaco is on a distinguished road
NorthernTaco's Tacoma Gallery
NEW 2014 FJ

Hello,
Just traded in my Tacoma for a 2014 FJ, so far loving it!!!!!

Anyone install the ECGS bushing in the front Diff on a FJ with a lift, I had a 3 inch lift on my Tacoma and it absolutely needed it!! I have my lift ready to install on my FJ just wondering if I should be installing an ECGS bushing at the same time.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
The Official TW FJ owners Thread-iphone-pic4-003.jpg   The Official TW FJ owners Thread-img_0024.jpg  
Old 02-25-2014, 09:31 AM   #3458
Loves Sammiches.

J Rod's Tacoma Gallery
I personally haven't heard anything, don't forget to check out fjcruiserforums.com
Old 02-26-2014, 07:31 AM   #3459
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernTaco View Post
Hello,
Just traded in my Tacoma for a 2014 FJ, so far loving it!!!!!

Anyone install the ECGS bushing in the front Diff on a FJ with a lift, I had a 3 inch lift on my Tacoma and it absolutely needed it!! I have my lift ready to install on my FJ just wondering if I should be installing an ECGS bushing at the same time.

Cheers
What are you installing for a lift? I don't have them on my wife's FJ which is at least a 3" lift but it could probably use them. I am downsizing the springs to the ToyTec coilovers and there should be no need for it then.
Old 02-26-2014, 08:15 PM   #3460
NorthernTaco is on a distinguished road
NorthernTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I'm installing Bilstein 5100 front/back, OME 885 front coils, OME 895 rear coils and LR UCA.

Products Discussed in this Thread