Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > FJ Cruisers

Notices

The Official TW FJ owners Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-01-2014, 06:50 PM   #3461
Ronix is on a distinguished road

Name: Clay
Ronix's Tacoma Gallery

Just picked up this bad boy. 09 Fj with 40k miles on it!
Old 03-01-2014, 07:15 PM   #3462
haddix will become famous soon enoughhaddix will become famous soon enough

haddix's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronix View Post

Just picked up this bad boy. 09 Fj with 40k miles on it!
Welcome from Richmond KY!
Old 03-03-2014, 07:50 AM   #3463
Ronix is on a distinguished road

Name: Clay
Ronix's Tacoma Gallery
The Official TW FJ owners Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dionysis View Post
[*] 1 8" subwoofer which fits into the stock box with some minor modifications found here.[/LIST]

Can you link me to how to make change this out. Mine came with a factory sub and coming from two 12s it's lacking. I want a little more umpf.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:29 AM   #3464
G.A.S. (Gear Acquisition Syndrome) sufferer
dionysis has a spectacular aura aboutdionysis has a spectacular aura about
Name: Jim
dionysis's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Can you link me to how to make change this out. Mine came with a factory sub and coming from two 12s it's lacking. I want a little more umpf.
I didn't have to do much to it. I'll see if someone on the FJC forums have a how-to. However, all I did is pull out the existing sub, remove the amp that is in the box and then trim the ports that are built into the box until the new sub fit. After doing all of that the new sub fit right in. I used the existing hole for wiring to run my speaker cable to my amp. Overall sounds amazing, not the same as 2 12's but a dramatic improvement.
Old 03-04-2014, 04:38 PM   #3465
tacocolin is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacocolin is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacocolin is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacocolin is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacocolin is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacocolin is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacocolin is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacocolin is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacocolin is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacocolin is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacocolin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
tacocolin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Here you go..

I just did mine. I just cut off the rubber around the magnet and it fit just fine after doing just a bit of trimming on the back side. Just make sure you find that hidden screw! Its a PIA!
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...m-sub-box.html
Old 03-04-2014, 07:28 PM   #3466
That's the one! I bought that same sub. Cost me like $47 shipped on amazon. Works great with my alpine 5 channel amp.
Old 03-15-2014, 03:33 PM   #3467
Xbox GT: Yodaman8806
Underdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Ground Support Shop Foreman/HAZMAT NCO, 1916 SPT BTN, 699th Maintenance Co.
Name: Matt
Underdog777's Tacoma Gallery
What's up FJC guys? I was thinking about trading in my Tacoma for an FJ because I want to be prepared when the day comes for my fiance and I to have children. My question to you guys is, does the FJC make for a practical SUV for kids? Upwards of three of them.
Old 03-15-2014, 07:24 PM   #3468
4 door Tacoma is probably better. Car seats are hard to get out of the back. Outside of that they are fantastic for kids.
Old 03-17-2014, 10:53 AM   #3469
tacocolin is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacocolin is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacocolin is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacocolin is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacocolin is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacocolin is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacocolin is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacocolin is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacocolin is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacocolin is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacocolin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
tacocolin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog777 View Post
What's up FJC guys? I was thinking about trading in my Tacoma for an FJ because I want to be prepared when the day comes for my fiance and I to have children. My question to you guys is, does the FJC make for a practical SUV for kids? Upwards of three of them.
I'd look at a 5th gen 4runner if I needed more room, but still want a bad ass wheeler.
Old 03-17-2014, 12:00 PM   #3470
Xbox GT: Yodaman8806
Underdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Ground Support Shop Foreman/HAZMAT NCO, 1916 SPT BTN, 699th Maintenance Co.
Name: Matt
Underdog777's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dionysis View Post
4 door Tacoma is probably better. Car seats are hard to get out of the back. Outside of that they are fantastic for kids.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacocolin View Post
I'd look at a 5th gen 4runner if I needed more room, but still want a bad ass wheeler.
I thought of going the route of a 4 door Tacoma, but the FJ's seem more capable out of the box then the Taco.

When my old lady and I were discussing the move, I threw that out there. She wants a 4Runner down the road so she won't let me get one. Women, go figure.
Old 03-18-2014, 01:51 PM   #3471
Large Breast Enthusiast
GEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
GEORGE STRAIT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I thought of going the route of a 4 door Tacoma, but the FJ's seem more capable out of the box then the Taco.

When my old lady and I were discussing the move, I threw that out there. She wants a 4Runner down the road so she won't let me get one. Women, go figure.
I think the FJ would be fine. The suicide doors aren't that much of a hassle, plus I'm sure kids would think an FJ is really cool!
Old 03-19-2014, 07:21 PM   #3472
TEXAN
usoffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedusoffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedusoffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedusoffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedusoffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedusoffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedusoffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedusoffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedusoffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedusoffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedusoffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
usoffroad's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to usoffroad
Quote:
I have a 2 year old yard ape... I've had him in a Recaro seat (very large and heavy but safe) since he was about 10 months old. He's a big boy for his age, was 2 Jan 5 but is off the size scale, yet he does fine back there. The FJ can be a bit of a bear to haul them up in to the seat with the suicide doors but it's not impossible and now at 2 he just climbs on in and up like the monkey he is.

"shut the door and quit taking my picture, it's cold outside"
Old 03-21-2014, 05:56 AM   #3473

haddix's Tacoma Gallery
Bumpers im building for the FJ. Still haven't finished the rear yet but it's close!! Here's some pics. Front is finished, rear just needs a little more grinding.

Old 04-19-2014, 11:01 AM   #3474

haddix's Tacoma Gallery
Added a set of anthracite trd wheels today.

Old 04-19-2014, 11:04 AM   #3475
TEXAN
usoffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedusoffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedusoffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedusoffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedusoffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedusoffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedusoffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedusoffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedusoffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedusoffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedusoffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
usoffroad's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to usoffroad
Quote:
Originally Posted by haddix View Post
Bumpers im building for the FJ. Still haven't finished the rear yet but it's close!! Here's some pics. Front is finished, rear just needs a little more grinding.

Very nice. Move to Texas and I'll put you to work!
Old 04-24-2014, 01:55 PM   #3476
bucktales has a spectacular aura aboutbucktales has a spectacular aura about

bucktales's Tacoma Gallery
This '14 followed me home the other day.
My Taco needed company.

Old 04-24-2014, 02:10 PM   #3477
TacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jackson
TacomaJack09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Read through this thread, this guy went through the same decision. Its very informational.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...ruiser-Thread?
Old 04-30-2014, 11:50 AM   #3478
I <3 Pink Tacos
JawKnee is a splendid one to beholdJawKnee is a splendid one to beholdJawKnee is a splendid one to beholdJawKnee is a splendid one to beholdJawKnee is a splendid one to beholdJawKnee is a splendid one to behold

Name: John
JawKnee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by haddix View Post
Added a set of anthracite trd wheels today.

did you paint your rear view mirrors?
Old 04-30-2014, 05:47 PM   #3479

haddix's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JawKnee View Post
did you paint your rear view mirrors?
Plasti-derped them. I had never used plasti-dip before but figured I'd try it and it's been awesome. Had them dipped for over a year and still look great. The fj has been ran through many auto car washes and are holding up great.
Old 05-02-2014, 04:01 PM   #3480

haddix's Tacoma Gallery
Rock rings I was making for my old steelies. I love the look, To bad I won't get to run them since I have the trd wheels now.

Products Discussed in this Thread