Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > FJ Cruisers

Notices

Gabex35's Cavalry Blue Build

Old 08-18-2011, 03:18 PM   #1
Shinty Killer
Gabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines:
Name: Gabe
Gabex35's Tacoma Gallery
Gabex35's Cavalry Blue Build

So I've been contemplating making a build thread for sometime...Mostly to keep track of things i've done and plan to do.

Not so old ride: 2010 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road Access Cab 4x4 6-Speed Manual
Mods: Color matched front Sport grill
Bilstein 5100's with OME 885 coils and 1/2" spacer ~ achieved 3" of lift
AFE ProDry drop in air filter
UDR Short Shifter
And probably some other stuff i can't remember.

The new ride : 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4x4 Automatic

The day I brought it home

Putting the ICON Stage 1 through its paces @ Ocotillo Wells

Installed the TT hood decal at FineLine Grafix in Santee, Ca.
285/75/16 BFG KM2's L/R E
16x8 Method Race Wheels

Pine Valley solo run (more to come)

AllCall 2011

Added gusseted spindles (All-Pro)

Out with the ICON's

In with the Kings

MODS:

INTERIOR

LED interior Lights
Ellis Precision TT Transmission and Transfer Case Knobs
Cobra 75wxst CB
35% Tint front two Windows
Modded stock intake
Tuffy Security console insert

EXTERIOR

ICON Stage 1 (Removed 2/2012)
-ICON 2.5" extended travel C/O
-ICON Superflex rear springs
-ICON Monotube rear shocks (will be replaced in the future)
KING OEM Performance Series 2.5" front and rear shocks with Compression Adjusters
Total Chaos UCA's
BFG KM2 - 285/75/16
16x8 Method Race Wheels
3' Firefly CB Antenna mounted to Bandi mount
Rear DIFF and E-locker Scuba Mod
AllPro Sliders Line-X'd
Black Tundra Door Handles
Plasti dipped silver trip all around
TT hood vinyl
OEM tow hitch & harness
LineX'd Roof
Safari Snorkel

Future "WANTS"

Expedition 1 rear bumper with tire carrier
Gobi Stealth roof rack
Springtail HD rear door and side racks
Upgraded sound system
Full BudBuilt or Ricochet under armor
Husky Liner floor liners
Wet Okole seat covers

VIDEOS

http://youtu.be/ao9SBXz-NrA

http://youtu.be/bvtJqjWu9XQ
Old 02-10-2012, 02:52 PM   #3
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jonny's Tacoma Gallery
Old 03-06-2012, 11:22 AM   #5
Shinty Killer
Gabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines:
Gabex35's Tacoma Gallery
just ordered them yesterday. 2-3 week turnaround
Old 03-06-2012, 06:24 PM   #6
never summer
singlefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

singlefin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabex35 View Post
just ordered them yesterday. 2-3 week turnaround
Nice, they seem to get rave reviews...think I'm going a different route, but might use the compression adjustable in the back.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:05 AM   #7
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Nice FJ! Curious why the switch from Icon's to Kings?
Old 03-08-2012, 08:28 AM   #8
Shinty Killer
Marines:
Gabex35's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't care for the digressive valving of the ICONs. They were nice at speed off road but were a little too stiff on the road or slower crawling.

The kings I've ridden on were like butter everywhere
Old 03-08-2012, 02:42 PM   #9
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Good to know! Have you been in one with Fox's? I'm digging the FJ's and am thinking about trading!
Old 03-08-2012, 06:34 PM   #10
Shinty Killer
Marines:
Gabex35's Tacoma Gallery
No, I've never ridden in a vehicle with foxes but did do some research on King internals and found that Fox was very similar in build quality.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:49 PM   #11
instagram: ATC510
sytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Infantry
Name: Alex
sytfu510's Tacoma Gallery
Nice build! Like the color scheme with the black/blue ( especially the roof ) looks sick!
Old 03-15-2012, 11:25 AM   #13
never summer
singlefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
Good to know! Have you been in one with Fox's? I'm digging the FJ's and am thinking about trading!
I've been in both but the King's Gabe is getting have the compression adjusters which have been getting rave reviews. Stock valve Kings felt stiffer than the foxes, but their are variables spring weight, armor...blah.

Either way you go re-valve is cheap and can really transform them. Rear foxes felt way to stiff, free re-valve where I bought them, been perfecto ever since.

So Gabe...how long is the wait for your order?
Old 03-15-2012, 11:35 AM   #14
Shinty Killer
Marines:
Gabex35's Tacoma Gallery
King offers one free re-valve also.

It feels like forever, i ordered them Monday the 5th and was told that it would take about 2 to 2.5 weeks. I ordered mine with the overlap spacer shortened by 1/4" for front coil overs (extended travel) and had the rear 2" overlap spacer removed to compensate for my Icon rear coils.
I will probably give them a call Monday to see whats up.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:44 AM   #15
never summer

What's the overlap spacer? Well shouldn't be to long then...hope.

I'm waiting for third members right now...finally re-gearing and the new bushing for my diff vibes.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:04 PM   #17
never summer

Ah...good find on that pic. Only really seen the stuff on offroad engineering where's they compare king and fox internals.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:38 AM   #19
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
looks great gabe!
Old 03-28-2012, 01:13 PM   #20
never summer

Should have left them in the box, would have been easier to ship to me.