Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > FJ Cruisers

Notices

Wife wants an FJ what do I need to know

Old 09-03-2011, 07:45 PM   #21
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Be sure to her test drive, try backing up different places to see if she's comfortable with the blind spots and let her pull in the drive way and garage different ways. That's great she wants a 4x4, just be sure it's something she's going to be comfortable driving.

Looks like another money pit in the making.
Old 09-04-2011, 12:51 PM   #23
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
Went on a test drive... The sales rep was a little pushy and pissed both of us off so we left. I see the blind spots everyone's talking about but I LOVED that extra power! The manual 4x4 lever is nice too! I like the inclinometer in the center also! Everything has the white roof though. Does it keep the cab cooler?
Old 09-04-2011, 03:19 PM   #24
Shinty Killer
Gabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines:
Name: Gabe
Gabex35's Tacoma Gallery
Don't know if it keeps the cab cooler. I'm going to get my roof blacked out soon so i'll let you know if it gets hotter with the black lol
Old 09-04-2011, 03:23 PM   #25
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
test drive them. I drove a customer's FJ that I built bumpers for, and after driving it, I totally changed my mind about wanting an FJ. Just didnt like the boxy feel, small windows, and poor visibility to name a few things. It might just be me, and maybe i'd get used to it, but after driving one I'd choose a 4runner over the FJ.
Word. I loved the FJ until I drove it. Absolutely hated the windshield. Shame, because other than that it's an awesome suv.

The new 4Runner.... My God that is an incredible machine.
Old 09-04-2011, 03:24 PM   #26
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
I had my mind set on ordering in an FJ Trail Teams until I took one out for a test ride. It totally changed my mind on the fj. I hated the visability and couldn't get the rear seat to fold totally flat. I then bought a Tacoma.
Old 09-04-2011, 03:28 PM   #27
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
I may get flamed, but my honest opinion is a stock FJ is hideous. No lines, it looks like a down-syndromed 4-Runner.

Now a lifted Fj is a whole different story.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:11 PM   #28
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacountryboy-IXI View Post
I may get flamed, but my honest opinion is a stock FJ is hideous. No lines, it looks like a down-syndromed 4-Runner.

I doubt there will be a lift on this thing any time soon.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:44 AM   #29
Pyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Aircrew, Pilot in Training
Pyramidsurf's Tacoma Gallery
The manual has full time 4x4 just like the FJ80s. I don't really notice the windshield problem that everyone mentions. You don't really notice after a month or so. There are some blind spots so using the mirrors is pretty important. The throwout bearing has a TSB on it. Not sure what years it covers but the dealer I bought my 2007 from had it changed. It gets almost 20 mpg and is easy to maneuver.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:56 AM   #30
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
test drive them. I drove a customer's FJ that I built bumpers for, and after driving it, I totally changed my mind about wanting an FJ. Just didnt like the boxy feel, small windows, and poor visibility to name a few things. It might just be me, and maybe i'd get used to it, but after driving one I'd choose a 4runner over the FJ.
What he said. Also The seats feel like they are right on the floor. I've seen a thread where guys raise them up an 1" or 2". They call it the cave cause it's so dark in the back seats. Go over to fjcruiserforums.com and check out the complaint thread section. I like FJCs but a lot of complaints about the design. You would have to get used to driving it and I guess it wouldn't be bad.
Old 09-17-2011, 09:59 PM   #31
2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
2004TacomaSR5's Tacoma Gallery
i would not get a 6 speed, it is only availiable in full time 4x4, one of the reasons i turned away from a FJ cuz i could not get the manual in part time 4x4 which is really retarded, in todays world and with gas prices the way they are who the hell wants a full time 4x4?
Old 09-17-2011, 10:45 PM   #32
Ivan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ivan
Ivan's Tacoma Gallery
I was looking at them before i bought my tacoma, I just felt safer driving the truck, more visibility, makes me feel more aware of my surroundings
Old 09-17-2011, 10:47 PM   #33
haddix will become famous soon enoughhaddix will become famous soon enough

haddix's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011TacomaSR5 View Post
i would not get a 6 speed, it is only availiable in full time 4x4, one of the reasons i turned away from a FJ cuz i could not get the manual in part time 4x4 which is really retarded, in todays world and with gas prices the way they are who the hell wants a full time 4x4?
Yeah I dont blame ya. I wonder why they made them all time 4wd?
Old 09-17-2011, 10:58 PM   #34
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Been driving my moms FJ for the past couple weeks. It takes some getting used to, but once you do it's a really nice vehicle. Plenty of power too....
Old 09-18-2011, 06:55 AM   #35
Pyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyramidsurf is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
It's more or less an AWD system when it's in four high unlocked. I get 20 mpg highway and 18 in the city. Better mileage than the tacoma.
Old 09-18-2011, 07:35 PM   #36
2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
2004TacomaSR5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramidsurf View Post
It's more or less an AWD system when it's in four high unlocked. I get 20 mpg highway and 18 in the city. Better mileage than the tacoma.
with a full time 4x4 FJ? My Taco is a 4 banger and gets on average 24-26 on the highway, 18-19 in town.
Old 09-18-2011, 07:43 PM   #37
Quote:
with a full time 4x4 FJ? My Taco is a 4 banger and gets on average 24-26 on the highway, 18-19 in town.
yes full time 4wd and six speed manual. I avg 17.5 driving around traffic in town. The only downside is the gas tank is small so you get less than 300 miles to the tank. It goes down drastically driving off road or when I am hammering on the gas pedal. But overall the mileage is great for what it is. Way better than my 2wd quad cab Dakota that I owned.
Old 09-19-2011, 06:29 AM   #38
TACOMA 2011
2011TACOMAWHR has a spectacular aura about2011TACOMAWHR has a spectacular aura about
Name: aaron
2011TACOMAWHR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacountryboy-IXI View Post

X2
Old 09-19-2011, 06:30 AM   #39
TACOMA 2011
2011TACOMAWHR has a spectacular aura about2011TACOMAWHR has a spectacular aura about
Name: aaron
2011TACOMAWHR's Tacoma Gallery
Just bought my fiancé a fj 3 months ago she loves it got it on a great deal as well