Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > FJ Cruisers

Notices

FJ or Tacoma?

Old 11-13-2011, 10:58 PM   #21
Trifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trifenix's Tacoma Gallery
Both are great, just depends on whether you need a bed or not
Old 11-14-2011, 09:55 AM   #22
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jonny's Tacoma Gallery
well...
sometimes I miss throwing dirty greasy shet in the bed of the tacoma...but the FJ has rubber floors
I rarely used the bed and stopped riding my quad as much so the FJ works for the Wife and I.

the rear seats fold down and they also have tie down mounts on the seat backs for strapping down cargo.

Just like the others said...if you rarely use/don't need a bed....Fj will be a nice daily driver/weekend warrior
Old 11-14-2011, 10:56 AM   #23
kiteboarder is one of the sharper tools in the shedkiteboarder is one of the sharper tools in the shedkiteboarder is one of the sharper tools in the shedkiteboarder is one of the sharper tools in the shedkiteboarder is one of the sharper tools in the shedkiteboarder is one of the sharper tools in the shedkiteboarder is one of the sharper tools in the shedkiteboarder is one of the sharper tools in the shedkiteboarder is one of the sharper tools in the shedkiteboarder is one of the sharper tools in the shedkiteboarder is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Danny
kiteboarder's Tacoma Gallery
My argument is...

I'm a part time musician. If I'm driving to a gig by myself, my drum kit fits perfectly inside the FJ and I don't have to worry abut buying a locking hardshell bed cover like I would for the Taco.

But, if I'm driving to a gig with other musicians, the Tacoma would be better as I can put everything in the back and 4 people can fit comfortably in the cabin.

For most days, the FJ would be more convenient for me. BUT, when I need the extra space, I'd be forced to buy a trailer... Which is an extra big expense, probably needs a license plate, AND would take the FJ's space in the garage! That sounds REALLY inconvenient to me.

I think I'd rather spend on a locking bed cover and call it a day.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:00 AM   #24
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jonny's Tacoma Gallery
strap that shit to the roof rack
Old 11-14-2011, 11:09 AM   #25
TexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
TexAggie's Tacoma Gallery
Have you ever not owned a truck? If not I would say stick with the Taco because it is not easy to go from a truck to an SUV, at least it wasn't for me. Personally I would only consider an fj if I was planing on offroading it. It would help us if you told us more of what you are planning to use it for.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:11 AM   #26
TexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
TexAggie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiteboarder View Post
My argument is...

I'm a part time musician. If I'm driving to a gig by myself, my drum kit fits perfectly inside the FJ and I don't have to worry abut buying a locking hardshell bed cover like I would for the Taco.

But, if I'm driving to a gig with other musicians, the Tacoma would be better as I can put everything in the back and 4 people can fit comfortably in the cabin.

For most days, the FJ would be more convenient for me. BUT, when I need the extra space, I'd be forced to buy a trailer... Which is an extra big expense, probably needs a license plate, AND would take the FJ's space in the garage! That sounds REALLY inconvenient to me.

I think I'd rather spend on a locking bed cover and call it a day.
4Runner
Old 11-14-2011, 11:24 AM   #27
kiteboarder is one of the sharper tools in the shedkiteboarder is one of the sharper tools in the shedkiteboarder is one of the sharper tools in the shedkiteboarder is one of the sharper tools in the shedkiteboarder is one of the sharper tools in the shedkiteboarder is one of the sharper tools in the shedkiteboarder is one of the sharper tools in the shedkiteboarder is one of the sharper tools in the shedkiteboarder is one of the sharper tools in the shedkiteboarder is one of the sharper tools in the shedkiteboarder is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Danny
kiteboarder's Tacoma Gallery
Wonder if you were talking to me or the OP... So I'll chime in...

I've had an S-10 with a nice color-match camper top. And a few SUVs too. 2 different Xterras actually. I preferred my S-10 over the Xterras, even thought I liked the original Xterra I had a lot (a 2000) over the second one I had (2006).

Also, a minivan at one point. The other's have been cars, mostly coupes.

Currently I own a gen2 XB (which I know you all hate). As far as musical instrument carrying capabilities the XB is the same as the FJ, I can carry it all inside if I'm driving alone, otherwise I need a trailer.

Sorry, I like the new 4Runner ONLY in the inside. For a 4Runner, I'd rather do an FJ 10x
Old 11-17-2011, 01:23 PM   #28
MarioAB
TXprotrd is on a distinguished road

Name: Mario
TXprotrd's Tacoma Gallery
I wanted the FJ but needed a pickup so I got my beautiful Tacoma TX Pro TRD 4x4... convincing my dad to get the FJ that way we can trade once in a while...
Old 11-17-2011, 04:52 PM   #29
sammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
I finally got around to test drive an FJ, it seemed fine, but I like the Tacoma interior way better, my wife would never be able to drive it, and we both are really short so I didnt like the seating position. Really disopointed cuz I love the way it looks. Just didn't feel like it was worth trading for. So now I'm trying to find another SUV to trade teh taco for.
Old 11-17-2011, 04:57 PM   #30
MarioAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy87 View Post
I finally got around to test drive an FJ, it seemed fine, but I like the Tacoma interior way better, my wife would never be able to drive it, and we both are really short so I didnt like the seating position. Really disopointed cuz I love the way it looks. Just didn't feel like it was worth trading for. So now I'm trying to find another SUV to trade teh taco for.

2011 4runner Trail edition....
Old 11-17-2011, 04:58 PM   #31
MarioAB

Quote:

Old 11-17-2011, 05:07 PM   #32
The dog did it...I swear!
OffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: High Desert... land of junipers, sage brush, and lava rock
OffroadToy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon's Mom View Post
LOL I have a girl crush on them too!
Sounds like the OP has access to a truck if he needs it w/ Dad (check)
Has a trailer for the quad. (check)
Good points & marks made by previous & current owners in the thread (bonus check).
If I didn't need a truck would have bought an FJ. In fact buying the new truck, there was an OD green one that I stalked

Dam that's nice...any idea how far the dealer might come down in price for in a automatic??
Old 11-17-2011, 05:10 PM   #33
sammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXprotrd View Post
i just don't like the new 4 runner. Not a fan.
Old 11-17-2011, 05:14 PM   #34
MarioAB

Quote:
i just don't like the new 4 runner. Not a fan.

Are you sure...?
Old 11-17-2011, 05:14 PM   #35
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
I'd stick with a Tacoma. FJ's are kinds ugly, IMO.

I'd rather drive a Jeep than a FJ.

Or this

Quote:

Are you sure...?
Old 11-17-2011, 05:19 PM   #36
MarioAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post
I'd stick with a Tacoma. FJ's are kinds ugly, IMO.

Or this

dont say that on this forum...
Old 11-17-2011, 05:19 PM   #37
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post

Or this
I would only if I wanted to do serious wheeling.
Old 11-17-2011, 05:21 PM   #38

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Are you sure...?

LOL yeah I'm sure, it looks like a 4dr FJ. I would never take advantage of what it's capable of. My truck is basically a grocery getter as it is now. 1.5 yrs ago different story. I'm not really into rock crawling or anything like that. Just something that can carry my bikes, skis, hockey equip and dogs.
Old 11-17-2011, 05:28 PM   #39
MarioAB

Quote:
LOL yeah I'm sure, it looks like a 4dr FJ. I would never take advantage of what it's capable of. My truck is basically a grocery getter as it is now. 1.5 yrs ago different story. I'm not really into rock crawling or anything like that. Just something that can carry my bikes, skis, hockey equip and dogs.

ok ok.... Im a short guy myself.... I used to drive a mazda cx-7 this crossover is very comfortable and sporty looking.....I recomend a test drive...

Old 11-17-2011, 05:52 PM   #40

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
I'm looking at the new Grand Cherokee and the Murano now. It'll be a few months before I do anything. Still not sure what I want.