Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > FJ Cruisers

Notices

FJ or Tacoma?

Old 10-18-2011, 03:43 PM   #1
eddyb22 is on a distinguished road

eddyb22's Tacoma Gallery
FJ or Tacoma?

Ok so i just sold my truck and i am looking for an Fj But i also love the tacoma.. which one do you prefer? Or no anyone selling a FJ?
Old 10-18-2011, 03:45 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Do you want a bed or not? I like the FJ more but bought a Taco because I own a quad that I barely use.
Old 10-18-2011, 03:52 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Do you need a truck or not?
Old 10-18-2011, 03:54 PM   #4

eddyb22's Tacoma Gallery
Is there decent room behind rear seats?
Old 10-18-2011, 03:55 PM   #5

eddyb22's Tacoma Gallery
Dont have to have a truck i have a atv but i have a trailer, my dad has a truck..
Old 10-18-2011, 03:58 PM   #6
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyb22 View Post
Is there decent room behind rear seats?
I think there is decent room behind the rear seats of an FJ but you should go take a look. Have a Toyota dealership or Carmax nearby? Go drive it. They are awesome to drive.
Old 10-18-2011, 04:01 PM   #7

eddyb22's Tacoma Gallery
yes
Old 10-18-2011, 04:09 PM   #9

eddyb22's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the picture.
Old 10-19-2011, 08:31 AM   #10
I got tiger blood.. WINNING
LBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
LBCdan's Tacoma Gallery
I have owned both... Comes down to wether or not you have a need for a truck bed. Both are very capable vehicles... I like my fj. It's a beast!
Old 10-19-2011, 09:47 AM   #11
davidfj is on a distinguished road

davidfj's Tacoma Gallery
I sold my 06 DC for an 08 TT, one of the best and well built SUV out there for your money. How far are you willing to travel? There's a few good ones available here in Southern California.
Old 10-19-2011, 09:53 AM   #12
sammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in the same dilema. I never use my bed anymore and my dogs take up the back seats so I don't have any room in the truck when I travel. 95% of the time my truck is used for bikes, hockey equip. All of which can be stored on the tire, or inside. The other 5% is luggage when I travel which could be put inside an FJ.
Old 10-19-2011, 10:09 AM   #13
Tarik will become famous soon enough

Tarik's Tacoma Gallery
After having owned both, I would easily chose the FJ (though I'm stuck with my Tacoma for now).
Not only is it made in Japan (vs Mexico or Texas) and reflects it in the quality, but I had absolutely ZERO problems with my FJ - The Taco on the other hand, has been plagued with vibrations, leaks, squeaks and a whole bunch of other small issues that drive me nuts.
Also, they seem to have perfected the FJ over time, while the Taco on the other hand, has not been, and seems to just go through redesigns without addressing the on-going problems.
Sure, the truck bed is handy, but the FJ cargo area is quite generous, it has a killer rack and it can tow just about as much.
No brainer, go FJ.
Old 10-19-2011, 10:17 AM   #14

eddyb22's Tacoma Gallery
I am feeling the same way I like the FJ..
Old 10-20-2011, 05:45 AM   #15
( . Y . ) = :)
TacoTRD420 will become famous soon enough

Name: Jake
TacoTRD420's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to TacoTRD420
I had both, have an FJ now i traded my 08 tacoma in for her... I loved the Tacoma not one bad thing about it... I really love the FJ tho, it ride and handles about better, more room to me at least, and its different not everyone has one, at least in my town they only have two mine and another one, and they had many Tacos. but its really what you want, test drive both..

Old 10-20-2011, 05:58 AM   #16
leveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
leveltwo's Tacoma Gallery
I bought a Tacoma, because i missed my 03 Ranger

Ever since then I have had a man crush on the FJ's, every time I see one I want one a little bit more...

Id say go with the FJ if you dont need a truck bed
Old 10-20-2011, 07:04 AM   #17
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by leveltwo View Post
I bought a Tacoma, because i missed my 03 Ranger

Ever since then I have had a man crush on the FJ's, every time I see one I want one a little bit more...

Id say go with the FJ if you dont need a truck bed
LOL I have a girl crush on them too!
Sounds like the OP has access to a truck if he needs it w/ Dad (check)
Has a trailer for the quad. (check)
Good points & marks made by previous & current owners in the thread (bonus check).
If I didn't need a truck would have bought an FJ. In fact buying the new truck, there was an OD green one that I stalked

Old 10-20-2011, 07:10 AM   #18
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon's Mom View Post
LOL I have a girl crush on them too!
Sounds like the OP has access to a truck if he needs it w/ Dad (check)
Has a trailer for the quad. (check)
Good points & marks made by previous & current owners in the thread (bonus check).
If I didn't need a truck would have bought an FJ. In fact buying the new truck, there was an OD green one that I stalked

my best friend has this same FJ. fjc trail team in that green.
Old 10-20-2011, 07:14 AM   #19
Alpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Ruben
Alpha Q Up's Tacoma Gallery
FJ's are hidious.

I've always liked trucks. And when I was looking for a new vehicle I went with what I liked.

All the above post have solid points.

Good luck.
Old 11-11-2011, 10:47 PM   #20
kiteboarder is one of the sharper tools in the shedkiteboarder is one of the sharper tools in the shedkiteboarder is one of the sharper tools in the shedkiteboarder is one of the sharper tools in the shedkiteboarder is one of the sharper tools in the shedkiteboarder is one of the sharper tools in the shedkiteboarder is one of the sharper tools in the shedkiteboarder is one of the sharper tools in the shedkiteboarder is one of the sharper tools in the shedkiteboarder is one of the sharper tools in the shedkiteboarder is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Danny
kiteboarder's Tacoma Gallery
I'd like a Tacoma with the interiors, build quality and engine of an FJ. Nuf said.