Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > FJ Cruisers

Notices

Lets See your FJ!!

Old 05-28-2013, 08:10 PM   #21
SAC'D FJC
sbechtold is on a distinguished road

sbechtold's Tacoma Gallery

Old 05-29-2013, 05:42 AM   #22
virginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Retired SNCO
virginiamarine's Tacoma Gallery
That is just bad ass!
Old 05-29-2013, 10:54 AM   #23
cerutti is on a distinguished road
Name: mike
cerutti's Tacoma Gallery
<3
Old 06-11-2013, 02:22 PM   #24
2013 TT FJ
FJBRUZR is on a distinguished road
Name: Dave
FJBRUZR's Tacoma Gallery
Here is my TT FJ. It is the first one I've owned and I'm lovin it!!!

Old 06-11-2013, 02:25 PM   #25
2013 TT FJ
FJBRUZR's Tacoma Gallery
2013 TT FJ

Another view

Old 06-11-2013, 03:23 PM   #26
Trail Squirrel has much to be proud ofTrail Squirrel has much to be proud ofTrail Squirrel has much to be proud ofTrail Squirrel has much to be proud ofTrail Squirrel has much to be proud ofTrail Squirrel has much to be proud ofTrail Squirrel has much to be proud ofTrail Squirrel has much to be proud ofTrail Squirrel has much to be proud ofTrail Squirrel has much to be proud of

Name: Jon
Trail Squirrel's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJBRUZR View Post
Another view

Beautiful rig man! Is that fab fours all around? Your color and the green are my favorites.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:03 AM   #27
2013 TT FJ
FJBRUZR's Tacoma Gallery
Fab Fours

Me too on the colors. I was thinking about buying a Jeep and my wife and I saw a lifted Trail Teams FJ in the green and said "Wow! let's get one of those". When I saw a picture of the Cement Gray for 2013 on the FJ Cruiser brochure I was hooked and ordered one immediately.

The rock sliders are stock on the Trail Teams Edition. The front and rear bumpers are from Fab Fours. I was originally intending to buy only the front bumper. I think I looked at every bumper on the market and kept coming back to the FF. It just seemed to be designed for the FJ body. When I went to do the build I learned that my 35x12.5 Toyo and Moto Metal spare would be too heavy/big for the stock wheel carrier so I bought the rear FF bumper, which comes with a heavy duty swing-out wheel carrier. And boy am I glad I did. It really pulled the whole look together.

I had to do some custom work myself to keep the awesome backup camera that comes stock on the TT FJ. It comes from Toyota mounted in the center of the spare. The FF wheel carrier swings out independent of the door and doesn't have a hole in the center of the wheel, which won't work with the camera. So, I cut a two-inch slice off of one side of the stock wheel carrier to fabricate a bracket that lets the camera peak out through the top center slot of the Moto Metal wheel. If I get a chance, I'll post some pics and instructions of how I did it. It took a few hours of work but only has about $15-20 in materials.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:12 AM   #28
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by deez View Post
Is that spare mount custom from demello?
Old 06-18-2013, 10:35 AM   #29
Lost in the Woods
SoutheastOverland has much to be proud ofSoutheastOverland has much to be proud ofSoutheastOverland has much to be proud ofSoutheastOverland has much to be proud ofSoutheastOverland has much to be proud ofSoutheastOverland has much to be proud ofSoutheastOverland has much to be proud ofSoutheastOverland has much to be proud ofSoutheastOverland has much to be proud ofSoutheastOverland has much to be proud of
Name: Steve
SoutheastOverland's Tacoma Gallery
Here are a couple pics from a recent easy trip.

Specs are:
  • 2007 FJ Cruiser
  • Total Chaos/Icon long travel front
  • MetalTech/Icon long travel rear
  • MetalTech bumpers and sliders
  • Lots of other stuff...

Old 06-21-2013, 01:02 PM   #30
mig79 is on a distinguished road
mig79's Tacoma Gallery
before: Stock

After: F and R Demello bumpers, Icon CO w/ Rezzys, Icon Billet UCAs, Icon Rear springs and Piggybacks, TFR Lower links and PH bar, Icon Upper links, Gobi Rack, Rigid 40" E-Series, Demello Engine skid, MT Sliders, TRD CAI, 285/75 KM2s on 16x8 AR Mojaves.

After After: Icon CO's, UCAs, Rear piggys and springs, Demello engine skid, and MT Sliders.
Old 06-21-2013, 03:07 PM   #31
Trail Squirrel has much to be proud ofTrail Squirrel has much to be proud ofTrail Squirrel has much to be proud ofTrail Squirrel has much to be proud ofTrail Squirrel has much to be proud ofTrail Squirrel has much to be proud ofTrail Squirrel has much to be proud ofTrail Squirrel has much to be proud ofTrail Squirrel has much to be proud ofTrail Squirrel has much to be proud of

Name: Jon
Trail Squirrel's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJBRUZR View Post
Me too on the colors. I was thinking about buying a Jeep and my wife and I saw a lifted Trail Teams FJ in the green and said "Wow! let's get one of those". When I saw a picture of the Cement Gray for 2013 on the FJ Cruiser brochure I was hooked and ordered one immediately.

The rock sliders are stock on the Trail Teams Edition. The front and rear bumpers are from Fab Fours. I was originally intending to buy only the front bumper. I think I looked at every bumper on the market and kept coming back to the FF. It just seemed to be designed for the FJ body. When I went to do the build I learned that my 35x12.5 Toyo and Moto Metal spare would be too heavy/big for the stock wheel carrier so I bought the rear FF bumper, which comes with a heavy duty swing-out wheel carrier. And boy am I glad I did. It really pulled the whole look together.

I had to do some custom work myself to keep the awesome backup camera that comes stock on the TT FJ. It comes from Toyota mounted in the center of the spare. The FF wheel carrier swings out independent of the door and doesn't have a hole in the center of the wheel, which won't work with the camera. So, I cut a two-inch slice off of one side of the stock wheel carrier to fabricate a bracket that lets the camera peak out through the top center slot of the Moto Metal wheel. If I get a chance, I'll post some pics and instructions of how I did it. It took a few hours of work but only has about $15-20 in materials.
Sounds awesome. My buddy has a 2008 FJ TRD (when they actually did that) and I wheel with him a lot. His truck never ceases to amaze me, except this time (his fault really)...

Old 06-22-2013, 08:44 AM   #32
deez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Darren
deez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrande View Post
Is that spare mount custom from demello?
Yes, it's a swing-out from Demello.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:44 PM   #33
cerutti is on a distinguished road
Name: mike
cerutti's Tacoma Gallery
quickest way to clog your rad and fry the alternator...

Old 07-03-2013, 11:37 AM   #34
( . Y . ) = :)
TacoTRD420 will become famous soon enough

Name: Jake
TacoTRD420's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to TacoTRD420
update.. did a little work to mine!

Old 07-03-2013, 12:04 PM   #35
snoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shed

snoope's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoTRD420 View Post
update.. did a little work to mine!

Old 07-27-2013, 02:47 PM   #37
alexc is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Medic
Name: Alex
alexc's Tacoma Gallery
i dont like this thread or your awesome FJ's... it makes me want to trade my tacoma for one...
Old 07-27-2013, 03:33 PM   #38
hellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hellsbay's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexc View Post
i dont like this thread or your awesome FJ's... it makes me want to trade my tacoma for one...
LOL! I have had three FJ's and loved every one. I just decided to try a Taco this time.

Old 07-27-2013, 07:59 PM   #39
haddix will become famous soon enoughhaddix will become famous soon enough

haddix's Tacoma Gallery
Here's my work in progress.
Old 07-28-2013, 07:17 AM   #40
alexc is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Medic
Name: Alex
alexc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellsbay View Post
LOL! I have had three FJ's and loved every one. I just decided to try a Taco this time.
So how do they compare besides the obvious difference of having/ not having a bed