Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > FJ Cruisers

Notices

FJ Carbon Fiber full wrap!

Old 11-18-2011, 09:24 AM   #21
pudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
pudge151's Tacoma Gallery
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k2...round_bush.gif
Old 11-18-2011, 02:01 PM   #23
Fast Install is on a distinguished road
Name: Dave
Fast Install's Tacoma Gallery
This job take 30 hour of work. And for those who ask for the price, around 2500$ Can.
Sorry for my bad english, I'm french speaking guy!!!

My Customer use this truck mostly for offraoding, and the original paint was too much scratched to be detailing with some compound.. It's the reason for this job. MaxPlus films was based with PVC and not standard vinyl. It's strong enough backed with a 5 years warranty by Maxplus for a outdoor use (UV, acid rain, etc)
But if a big hard branch, rock, or any other hard thing hit this Carbon Fiber, yes he can tear but paint cannot resist too in this situation...

Old 11-18-2011, 02:08 PM   #24
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
Damn that price isn't bad at all!
Old 11-18-2011, 02:18 PM   #25
yarik83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarik83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarik83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarik83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarik83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarik83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarik83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarik83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarik83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarik83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarik83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Yuri
yarik83's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds about right. When I inquired about my old sporty car they quoted me $2,000. Usually these wraps come in rolls that they stretch from top down. Place 1 on roof and down window pillars. Separate sheets are used on fenders, bumpers, hood, trunk etc.

Typical life of such wraps is about 10 years ish and works best on new paint or undamaged paint. Chips, dings, scrapes, stones can get lodged between wrap and car body if vehicle is not prepared properly.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:15 PM   #26
Stealth Custom Series™
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vin
SCSPerformance's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMurphy View Post
The price is such a funny thing when it comes to wrappers - maybe like rappers.

It's typically very elusive. They want what a lot of money. They negotiate to do it for a reasonable amount. I just find it funny. If they started to publish what they really wanted to do a job they may find they get more business than they can handle and also educate the public. I guess they are afraid someone may under cut them. They will be undercut by someone that wants to have a successful business. 5 years later they will wonder why they didn't do the same.

Much like Trail Gear vs All Pro vs. Marlin etc.

Oh well, just my thoughts anyway.
car/truck wraps is one of those things where you get what you pay for. not all installers are equal to one another so price can and will vary from one shop to another. you also have to consider the prep time that's needed before and wrapping is done. newer vehicles will obviously require less prep than a 10-15yr old car will peeled/cracked paint. of course, every joe wants their vehicle done for $8/hr with material included.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:46 PM   #27
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
So that's like what...10 or 15 bucks right??
Per square foot?
Old 11-18-2011, 08:50 PM   #28
cummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cummins6speed's Tacoma Gallery
That actually doesn't look bad
Old 11-18-2011, 08:52 PM   #29
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
How durable is the wrap in Canadian winters? I can see water getting under the wrap in small areas then freezing...
Old 11-18-2011, 09:09 PM   #30
We can't stop here, this is bat country.
dayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
dayNnite4's Tacoma Gallery
thats looks sick!!!!
Old 11-19-2011, 08:12 AM   #31
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
How durable is the wrap in Canadian winters? I can see water getting under the wrap in small areas then freezing...
I've done my Tacoma's roof since 2 years (2 winter) with no problems.
Old 11-19-2011, 11:35 AM   #32
instagram: ATC510
sytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Infantry
Name: Alex
sytfu510's Tacoma Gallery
looks great. I plan on having my roof done. ( just in flat black ) although the C/F would look cool.
Old 11-19-2011, 02:27 PM   #33
Professional Goofball
zul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to behold
zul's Tacoma Gallery
For a huge job like that I would have expected it to be more like $5-6k USD, not $2500 canadian. Nice! If I had a dedicated off road rig I wanted to keep lookin cool I'd consider that.
Old 11-20-2011, 11:09 AM   #34
Ready to go!!!

Old 12-08-2011, 12:29 PM   #35
Sorry for party rockin'
TacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dunk
TacticalBacon13's Tacoma Gallery
that's looks great ! I wanna wrap my fj so bad :spy :
Old 12-18-2011, 06:29 AM   #36
andy2003 will become famous soon enough

Name: Andy
andy2003's Tacoma Gallery
Looks fricking sweet i thinK!!!
Old 12-22-2011, 01:11 PM   #37
Strautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 2nd Lt @TBS
Name: Nick
Strautins's Tacoma Gallery
That is bad ass... I want to do my tacoma in a flat black BADLY
Old 12-22-2011, 01:14 PM   #38
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
All i know is carbon is bad ass, that FJ is bad ass. It think I'm going to carbon wrap my sport bike and see how it turns out.
Old 02-28-2012, 09:07 PM   #39
Ready to Roll
riverray is on a distinguished road
Name: ray
riverray's Tacoma Gallery
Old 03-02-2012, 06:01 PM   #40
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
That's a badass FJ