Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > FJ Cruisers

Notices

So I traded for an FJ.

Old 01-12-2012, 04:55 AM   #21
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
LOL.... I just got rid of my FJ for another Tacoma for family reasons...
Old 01-23-2012, 12:00 AM   #22
KILRB is a name known to allKILRB is a name known to allKILRB is a name known to allKILRB is a name known to allKILRB is a name known to allKILRB is a name known to all

Law Enforcement: Combat Engineer
Name: Derek
KILRB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bendbolden View Post
Haha well we didn't just go buy it with no research done. I did see where SOME of the 07-08 had that problem. The majority did not. With this one having a few miles on it and being certified with a warranty for a couple more thousand miles I feel confident in it.

Congrats on the FJ!! It's the best rig that I have ever had!!! Post some pics when you hit the trail!!
Attached Thumbnails
So I traded for an FJ.-2011-08-12-14.15.59_portland_oregon_us.jpg   So I traded for an FJ.-image011.jpg  
Old 01-25-2012, 10:08 PM   #23
allrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud of
allrsdup's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Mexico Taco View Post
Would appreciate some thoughts about the off road stuff you do with it. I have considering an FJ for awhile now. Among other things I like the four wheel drive shifting to be a lever rather than a knob on the dash that gives you a blinky light until it decides to shift into four wheel drive.
biggest gripe about the second generation Tacos.
Great looking vehicle.
i can tell u i went from a taco to an fj. i went on a few goos trails here in arizona when i moved here and i can tell u the fj performed amazing. and it was stock no diff lock either.
Old 02-16-2012, 04:53 PM   #24
Husband & Daddy ;)
BigBro is on a distinguished road

Name: Carson
BigBro's Tacoma Gallery
Yes....... No?

Had an 03 Crew Cab Taco, and it was totaled... Was looking for another Taco and kinda found this. Lowest FJ price I've seen in my area!

It just me and my wife right now, but is say a kid(s) will be around in the next year or 2.

I don't go crazy offroad, and I might only hit it once a month or less, but I want to know I can! I read 15mpg city 18 HWY is that right? Not much different than a Gen 1 Taco?
Also will it hold its value like a Taco? Mine was 9 years old, and 118k miles older and the value had only gone down 6k!!!

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser - $16900
Automatic with Optional 4 Wheel Drive, Premium Sound, Multi-Disc CD, Bluetooth, Meticulously Maintained Interior/Exterior and Under the Hood. 100,300 miles with Meticulous Maintenance. Just became grandparents - need more room for the baby but will MISS THIS BABY.

So again... Good deal?
Old 02-16-2012, 09:28 PM   #25
allrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud of
allrsdup's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBro View Post
Yes....... No?

Had an 03 Crew Cab Taco, and it was totaled... Was looking for another Taco and kinda found this. Lowest FJ price I've seen in my area!

It just me and my wife right now, but is say a kid(s) will be around in the next year or 2.

I don't go crazy offroad, and I might only hit it once a month or less, but I want to know I can! I read 15mpg city 18 HWY is that right? Not much different than a Gen 1 Taco?
Also will it hold its value like a Taco? Mine was 9 years old, and 118k miles older and the value had only gone down 6k!!!

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser - $16900
Automatic with Optional 4 Wheel Drive, Premium Sound, Multi-Disc CD, Bluetooth, Meticulously Maintained Interior/Exterior and Under the Hood. 100,300 miles with Meticulous Maintenance. Just became grandparents - need more room for the baby but will MISS THIS BABY.

So again... Good deal?
they do hold there value as there not as many around and are in demand. i drove mine across country from ny to arizona and i averaged 20-21 miles per gallon on that trip with an average speed of about 70
Old 02-16-2012, 11:47 PM   #26
BAMF FJ is on a distinguished road

Air Force: USAF Thunderbirds, Crew Chief
Name: Joe
BAMF FJ's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

Good choice
Old 02-18-2012, 01:47 PM   #27
amain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
amain's Tacoma Gallery
I can also agree with a good choice. I have owned about every model Toyota SUV and Truck and I would not trade my FJ for any other rig.....until my fenders completely fall off. But I alao bought my FJ for me and not for a family.
Old 06-04-2012, 05:29 AM   #28
Taco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Helo nighttime recon extended perimeter security
Name: David
Taco4x4NC's Tacoma Gallery
I had an 07 when they first came out....replaced the windshield with in the first year....trust me its a ROCK catcher...and the glass is one of the softest on the market according to the tech that replaced mine at the time. According to the w/s replacement tech, nissan has the softest glass. But the FJ is close. I am sure there is a entire blog somewhere on line about the FJ w/s design.

Not impressed with the quality of the plastic on the interior, if you look at wrong it will scratch. And if you add larger tires...it will suck gas like a new born kitten. Enjoy it for what it is, don't count on economy in any sense of the word. Keep your tires properly inflated to help you get 18-19 mpgs on the highway. Easy to do your own oil changes. Dealerships around Charlotte want 32-34K for a new FJ....you have GOT to BE KIDDING ME!! They are high balling....i say if you must have one buy used and certified and haggle like hell.

Best of luck,
Old 06-11-2012, 08:10 AM   #29
westcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kristen
westcoast's Tacoma Gallery
You'll love the FJ.

I have the manual6, and the full time 4wd comes with a center diff as well as rear diff and lockers. Different set up than the automatic.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:17 PM   #30
fj6high is a glorious beacon of lightfj6high is a glorious beacon of lightfj6high is a glorious beacon of lightfj6high is a glorious beacon of lightfj6high is a glorious beacon of lightfj6high is a glorious beacon of light
Army: 63T H8 Mechanic
Name: Howard
fj6high's Tacoma Gallery
Glad you like your FJ! I have enjoyed every minute of mine and the modding is the best part. I came from every type of Tacomas from 78' and the FJ can go places the Tacos can't...unless you mod it to the hilt.

Old 06-26-2012, 07:35 PM   #31
stowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
stowayman's Tacoma Gallery
I'm eyeing a 2005 rubicon for $18K w/10K miles... for inch long arm lift with 33" tires on the stock wheels... and a winch - thought about an FJ, drove one and didn't like the limited visability especially for off road use.
Old 08-15-2012, 07:29 AM   #32
Husband & Daddy ;)
BigBro is on a distinguished road

Name: Carson
BigBro's Tacoma Gallery
^ x2

I have an 05 PreRunner, and a baby on the way. I want something in 4x4 but not sure what to go with. I like my Taco but I've driven the FJ's and love them except for the 101 blind spots... They are fine on the road, but not off-road. I have considered a 4door Wrangler cause you can see everything so well and still have family room!
Old 08-15-2012, 08:27 AM   #33
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBro View Post
^ x2

I have an 05 PreRunner, and a baby on the way. I want something in 4x4 but not sure what to go with. I like my Taco but I've driven the FJ's and love them except for the 101 blind spots... They are fine on the road, but not off-road. I have considered a 4door Wrangler cause you can see everything so well and still have family room!
With a baby on the way I would steer clear of the FJC's. I was smitten by them and traded a 2005 Tacoma for one and had a 2 year old at the time. If you're going to have the rig for a while you'll learn as well as the kid to hate it. My son despised riding in the FJ because of the airline window in the back.

I traded the FJ for a 4Runner Trial Edition and hands down best decision I made. I would consider the 2010+ 4Runner as an option for a decent family and off highway vehicle.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:41 PM   #34
jensent is on a distinguished road
jensent's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoast View Post
You'll love the FJ.

I have the manual6, and the full time 4wd comes with a center diff as well as rear diff and lockers. Different set up than the automatic.
Looking to buy in the spring and FJC w/6spd is high on our list. I like the idea of full time 4wd for slick road in winter and slick unimproved boat ramp that drop off like tank traps. If you guys have found any draw backs please let me know. Had a 96 Tacoma 6cyl. 5spd for 8 years that was bullet proof. Would buy new FJC.
Thanks
Tom
Old 01-05-2013, 09:46 PM   #35
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah family with an fj could be tough .
Old 01-06-2013, 07:15 AM   #36
andy2003 will become famous soon enough

Name: Andy
andy2003's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jensent View Post
Looking to buy in the spring and FJC w/6spd is high on our list. I like the idea of full time 4wd for slick road in winter and slick unimproved boat ramp that drop off like tank traps. If you guys have found any draw backs please let me know. Had a 96 Tacoma 6cyl. 5spd for 8 years that was bullet proof. Would buy new FJC.
Thanks
Tom
My wife just had our second boy on Christmas Eve I traded my fj 3 days later. but its ok cause now we have two 4runners in the driveway. If its not your primary kid rig you will be fine. With a 4 y/o and now a newborn in a rear facing seat got cramped real fast. As for full time 4x4 drive 6spd of course personal preference. Mine was auto 4x4 with rear locker atrac and skid control all the time when it's in 2 wheel drive. Easier on gas or so I've read spent a lot of time on fjcruiserforums.com check it out. Anyway you go still getting a bad*ss yota. Happy hunting!
Old 01-07-2013, 03:31 PM   #37
EDJY has a spectacular aura aboutEDJY has a spectacular aura about
Name: Elliott
EDJY's Tacoma Gallery
I'm all for Toyota. The only way I can see the jeep being me practical is having the independent rear doors.
This was done by a Toyota dealer, but I think the comparison is clear.

http://www.northhollywoodtoyota.com/...gler_MY12.ashx
Old 01-08-2013, 09:26 AM   #38
Limited
lucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lucky73's Tacoma Gallery
if youre gas mileage sucks on the FJ then simply replace thermostat and coolant
Old 01-13-2013, 10:03 AM   #39
Denteen is on a distinguished road
Army:
Denteen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fj6high View Post
Glad you like your FJ! I have enjoyed every minute of mine and the modding is the best part. I came from every type of Tacomas from 78' and the FJ can go places the Tacos can't...unless you mod it to the hilt.

This post nails it! I have an 07 6MT AWD gas sucker with 285/16s and toytec lift. My wife gets 10 mpg city. Out old 2003 sequoia 4wd got 15mpg, with her lead foot driving both. It is a great truck, and will do it all! You will pay. I paid 18k a year ago at a used lot, so my value was fairly well built in. The W/s is poirly designed. Ive been waiting for a rock so that i can fix the trim piece at the top. Very noisy ride! I have an 05 Tacoma 4x4 too. Rides like crap comparedly. Putting new susp on this wknd. Also sucks gas! Haha. I miss my 2001 taco with 4x4 and 2.7 4 banger. That was perfect.
Good luck with FJ ! My eife LOVES this thing and will not let me trade it away!
Old 01-13-2013, 10:08 AM   #40
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
The Trail 4Runner is an amazing machine and would be the first vehicle I bought if I happened into a good bit of money.

Congrats on the purchase, I've always liked the FJC myself, but want to have a truck bed.