Notices

So I traded for an FJ.

Old 01-13-2013, 10:10 AM   #41
Denteen is on a distinguished road
Army:
Denteen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jensent View Post
Looking to buy in the spring and FJC w/6spd is high on our list. I like the idea of full time 4wd for slick road in winter and slick unimproved boat ramp that drop off like tank traps. If you guys have found any draw backs please let me know. Had a 96 Tacoma 6cyl. 5spd for 8 years that was bullet proof. Would buy new FJC.
Thanks
Tom
I Have the 6MT. The clutches are an issue for towing, you can search fj clutch issues. Mine is starting to chatter/slip a bit. Not sure how old it is tho. Gas mileage is awful! Larger tires will get you 10-12mpg around time. Its cool to shift and i get oohs and ahhs every where i go, but i have to pay the gas bill. I would go Auto if i could do it again. And ive shifted for 30 years now. If you tow, you canwatch the fuel gauge drop like a watches second hand. Not kidding. Get a 4 runner with a V8. More comfortable too.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:13 AM   #42
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fj6high View Post
Glad you like your FJ! I have enjoyed every minute of mine and the modding is the best part. I came from every type of Tacomas from 78' and the FJ can go places the Tacos can't...unless you mod it to the hilt.

What a crock of crap . The taco and FJ are the same vehicle in a different shape .
Old 01-19-2013, 07:05 PM   #43
allrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud of
allrsdup's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
What a crock of crap . The taco and FJ are the same vehicle in a different shape .
not really, the fj has a better transfer case. some taco guys do fj tranfercase swaps. its also more maneuverable on trails and better flex and ride with coil spring rear suspension. both trucks are great but the facts are what they are there not as the same as people like to think. i have had both. and i loved both trucks. if u looking for more offroad and dont need a bed fj is way to go. however if u need a bed a tacoma is obviously great truck and does well offroad and u get the bed. so its really what u need.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:56 PM   #44
R.A.M.F (R@D A$$ MUTHA FU$KA)
RAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sir_Rad
RAD's Tacoma Gallery
^ But bitches love the Tacoma more in the Mall parking lots than the FJ. Its a proven fact. . .
Old 01-20-2013, 12:46 PM   #45
KILRB is a name known to allKILRB is a name known to allKILRB is a name known to allKILRB is a name known to allKILRB is a name known to allKILRB is a name known to all

Law Enforcement: Combat Engineer
Name: Derek
KILRB's Tacoma Gallery
That's a good place for it! The Mall, what a joke! "Bitches" what are you 15 years old! Come on, it's time to grow up! I'm not on this forum very often & now I know why! The forum that I'm on most of the time are great people! You would never read something so stupid there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAD View Post
^ But bitches love the Tacoma more in the Mall parking lots than the FJ. Its a proven fact. . .
Old 01-20-2013, 03:03 PM   #46
westcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kristen
westcoast's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAD View Post
I totally agree with Kilrb, embarassing post for TW