Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > FJ Cruisers

Notices

So I traded for an FJ.

Old 01-07-2012, 07:34 AM   #1
Come and take them.
bendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
bendbolden's Tacoma Gallery
So I traded for an FJ.

I found an FJ last night that would be alot more accomodating to our future family than my reg cab and WE BOUGHT IT! I love it so far. It is definateley a little different that a regular cab tacoma but still great. I am not sure what "package" you would call it but it has rear diff lock, A-trac, AC outlet in the back, subwoofer, and all that other jazz. Let me know what you think!

Old 01-07-2012, 07:38 AM   #2
jflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jflan's Tacoma Gallery
Looks nice !
You will have to give us a review on how you like it and how it compares to the Taco.

I was out in the boonies recently and a guy had an FJ with a side and rear awning from this company:
http://www.campinglab.com/awning.html

Those roof top tents look cool as well.
Old 01-07-2012, 07:40 AM   #3
Come and take them.
bendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Definately gotta do some mods soon! It has a different rear suspension than the taco. It's a coil spring versus the leaf springs. It takes corners ALOT better than I imagined.
Old 01-07-2012, 09:10 AM   #4
Hot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pat
Hot Tamale's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats on the FJ. Hope you enjoy it!
Old 01-07-2012, 09:20 AM   #6
Come and take them.

No it is an automatic. I was curious about that too though.
Old 01-07-2012, 09:27 AM   #8
Come and take them.

OH. Sorry. I just changed my details and forgot to change that one. My Tacoma was a manual. The FJ is auto. How would all time 4WD work. Just have some type of limited slip with selectable lockers?
Old 01-07-2012, 09:38 AM   #9
elblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant future

Name: Blake
elblako91's Tacoma Gallery
My buddy has an FJ and from what I understand it has the 4 wheel drive floor shifter but it's on the fly so you just switch it in to 4wd and your good to go. You don't have to get out and lock the hubs.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:08 AM   #10
Come and take them.

Thanks! Probably won't do much offroading at first until I get some tires, lift, and most importantly armor. I am going to baby this one a little more than the tacoma.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:08 AM   #11
Come and take them.

But I will chime in when I do.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:57 AM   #12
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
What? Didn't you just get some new tires for the Taco?

Congrats buddy. They are very cool looking. I've been wanting to check one out for a while. You should bring her (& the four wheeler & a few guns) down so we can check her out!
Old 01-09-2012, 08:27 AM   #13
Come and take them.

Yeah I JUST got new tires. That was the heart breaking part. They wouldn't fit on the 17's!!! I am planning on coming some time or another. Just gotta get the time to come down.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:42 PM   #14
andy2003 will become famous soon enough

Name: Andy
andy2003's Tacoma Gallery
I just got a FJ about a month ago traded of my 03 ext cab for same family reasons! I love mine so far. I've got all the same goodies as yours the only other way to get it with more goodies was to by a trail team one. I've taken mine on muddy trails Atrac worked great rear diff too!
Old 01-11-2012, 04:45 PM   #15
Sunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sunner's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome trade man. I love Tacos but was VERY impressed after seeing Jonny's FJ go through ClegHorn on only 3 shocks. This would definitly be my 2nd go to vehicle choice.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:06 PM   #16
jackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jackhart's Tacoma Gallery
I'm glad you are happy with your choice of an FJ. Was definitely a rig I "wanted" to like, but I just couldn't get past the poor visibility/blind spot issues, the half doors were a pain (especially with a family), which is actually why I bought a double cab Tacoma instead. It's all about what makes you happy though, so good luck with it!
Old 01-11-2012, 07:18 PM   #17
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Nice but you will find in a few years that you'll want something else for the family.

I had a 2008 FJC I bought. My son was 3 at the time and it worked well until he was about 5 and at that point he started hating it. Can't roll down the little airline windows and he'd slip on the flooring with wet shoes. We traded it in for a 2010 4Runner Trail Edition and he's so much happier with it and it works considerable better as a family and off road rig.

I'm surprised you didn't do a little more research into them. The 2007-early 2008's are prone to inner fender wells bulging and cracking.

Judging from the pictures it's not the Off Road package that came with the 5 spoke 16" rims and Rugged Fails but one of the upgrade options with 6 spoke and 17" wheels. The outlet in the rear cargo area also tell me it's one of the upgrade options.

Congrats on the purchase though.

Look out for these!

Old 01-12-2012, 05:37 AM   #18
andy2003 will become famous soon enough

Name: Andy
andy2003's Tacoma Gallery
I'm lucky the wife has an 11 model trail edition 4 runner that's our primary family ride. The Fj is a whole lot more comfy than the 03 extra cab! I read about the problems with 07/08's my buddy is the service manager at a Toyota dealer in wv I took mine there for a inspection before my purchase. I was clear and lucky me the last owner did all maintenance at the dealer in wv she bought it from. He printed me out a stack of records and it only had 62k on it when I bought it. Hell from the looks underneath it only time it's been in 4wheel drive was a snowy day.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:54 AM   #19
Come and take them.

Haha well we didn't just go buy it with no research done. I did see where SOME of the 07-08 had that problem. The majority did not. With this one having a few miles on it and being certified with a warranty for a couple more thousand miles I feel confident in it.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:55 AM   #20
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
LOL.... I just got rid of my FJ for another Tacoma for family reasons...