Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > FJ Cruisers

Notices

tacoma for fj

Old 05-27-2012, 07:40 PM   #21
Canazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
Canazes9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
I can't find the link right now. List went:

Wrangler
4Runner
Raptor
Taco

and in 7th or 8th was FJ.
I remember that article. I read it when I was shopping for my '12. Could have gotten a new FJ or a new Taco, test drove both, the Tacoma came home.

David
Old 05-27-2012, 07:59 PM   #22
Ka like a wheel
F75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Christian
F75gunslinger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiehawk View Post
i just got a tacoma loaner from dealer and at 5'8" felt almost sqished up againt the windshield........
Um..I'm 6'1" and don't even have the front seat all the way back. Really ? The windshield in the Taco is more raked than the FJ,but I don't really see feeling " squished against the windshield".
Old 05-27-2012, 08:23 PM   #23
jamesinkeys is just really nicejamesinkeys is just really nicejamesinkeys is just really nicejamesinkeys is just really nice
Name: james
jamesinkeys's Tacoma Gallery
Love the FJ interior, especially the round sport like center of the steering wheel, and the color keyed dash. The new taco wheel is too space ship falcon type. Be nice, if toyota would put that traditional type sport steering wheel, and the beautiful non metalic paint jobs on the new taco. Really like the B.R.G., tan, maroon. I thought toyota was going to discontinue the F.J, or redesign it. Dont flame me...jus sayin
Old 05-27-2012, 08:26 PM   #24
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canazes9 View Post
I remember that article. I read it when I was shopping for my '12. Could have gotten a new FJ or a new Taco, test drove both, the Tacoma came home.

David
I always liked the Taco, then the FJ came out and I fell in love, test drove both several times, I liked the FJ more but in the end I brought the Taco home thanks to my quad. I don't use the quad at all now so now I regret getting my Taco even though it is a great truck. Maybe I will trade in for a Runner in the near future.
Old 05-27-2012, 08:30 PM   #25
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
4runner
Old 05-27-2012, 08:46 PM   #26
tlh178 is on a distinguished road
Name: terry
tlh178's Tacoma Gallery
i have two tacomas and a fjc, each have there own features that the others don't. if you don't need a p.u. and have the cash for a fj. get the fjc, this are tanks in the snow.
Old 05-27-2012, 08:55 PM   #27
Canazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
Canazes9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I always liked the Taco, then the FJ came out and I fell in love, test drove both several times, I liked the FJ more but in the end I brought the Taco home thanks to my quad. I don't use the quad at all now so now I regret getting my Taco even though it is a great truck. Maybe I will trade in for a Runner in the near future.
My son thought I was nuts for even considering the FJ - why would you get that when you could get a Tacoma?

I liked the FJ, wish the back seat had more leg room (same as the Tacoma), wish the rear windows would roll down. The visibility was a problem - my wife doesn't drive my vehicles that often, but still I saw her crunching this at some point or another... The FJ seemed poorly suited to a family man's needs = more like a couples vehicle (like a 2 door Jeep). I think the Tacoma's longer wheel base also makes it a superior tow vehicle and I tow (4 wheeler trailer, camper, boat, etc...)

David
Old 05-27-2012, 09:00 PM   #28
vatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
vatrdtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to vatrdtaco
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaChris View Post
I want both so I've been trying to talk the wife into getting one so I can mod it
There ya go! My wife has an FJ, I drive the Taco. It's all good.
Old 05-28-2012, 05:49 AM   #29
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon's Mom View Post
wasn't there something in between all the toyotas? j/k

That was a dark chapter in my life... Lol
Old 06-15-2012, 03:06 PM   #30
OldFatGuy has much to be proud ofOldFatGuy has much to be proud ofOldFatGuy has much to be proud ofOldFatGuy has much to be proud ofOldFatGuy has much to be proud ofOldFatGuy has much to be proud ofOldFatGuy has much to be proud ofOldFatGuy has much to be proud ofOldFatGuy has much to be proud of

Army: USMC 79-85 / USCG 87-89 / Army 89-12 / Retired E-8 on 07/31/12
Name: Robert
OldFatGuy's Tacoma Gallery
I just traded a 2011 FJ for a 2012 Tacoma. The FJ was great in the mud, sand and highway. I had no complaints. It even pulled my boat well. I had a FJ and a pickup though. That's twice the insurance, twice the payments. I got the 4WD Tacoma and only have 1 vehicle now. The FJ Rocks though!!!
Old 06-15-2012, 04:26 PM   #31
DS Espy is on a distinguished road
DS Espy's Tacoma Gallery
Wrecked the Taco and we just happened to have a FJ on the lot. I stole it. I loved that Taco but this FJ has been a blast so far. Between my pops and my girls pops we've got two big ass trucks at our disposal. And our dogs love drives even more now with the back window popped open. My best friend does call it the Foot Job Cruiser though...
Old 06-15-2012, 04:28 PM   #32
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
I'm considering the trade now. I love my Taco but I was never happy buying another truck when I never use the bed.
Old 06-15-2012, 04:39 PM   #33
DS Espy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm considering the trade now. I love my Taco but I was never happy buying another truck when I never use the bed.
Do it Do it Do it
Old 06-15-2012, 04:40 PM   #34
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by DS Espy View Post
Do it Do it Do it
The main and big thing is starting over payments again.
Old 06-15-2012, 04:52 PM   #35
DS Espy's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah. I hear you there. Only owed 8k on on my Taco
Get a used stock FJ. Let someone else have taken the depreciation hit. Sounds like you have equity in your Taco
or maybe even paid off? All I can say is that I feel like a little kid when I drive the FJ. Me in FJ ---->
And I was sick of the crickets living in my 6 spd Taco's tranny and/or AC unit hahaha
Old 06-15-2012, 04:54 PM   #36
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by DS Espy View Post
Yeah. I hear you there. Only owed 8k on on my Taco
Get a used stock FJ. Let someone else have taken the depreciation hit. Sounds like you have equity in your Taco
or maybe even paid off? All I can say is that I feel like a little kid when I drive the FJ. Me in FJ ---->
And I was sick of the crickets living in my 6 spd Taco's tranny and/or AC unit hahaha
I owe 14 and it is worth about 22. I would get a new FJ.
Old 06-16-2012, 03:08 PM   #37
CantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FTR
CantSitStill's Tacoma Gallery
I went the other way. Got sick of being the most recognized vehicle in my small town. tacoma for fj-imageuploadedbytapatalk1339884327.046961.jpg

Even sticks out on trade in day! And, I chased the same crickets in my blower motor and some sort of high pitched electrical noise that I had the entire time I owned it. tacoma for fj-imageuploadedbytapatalk1339884461.605120.jpg
Old 06-16-2012, 03:18 PM   #38
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I owe 14 and it is worth about 22. I would get a new FJ.
Oh ya... in a New York Minute!

I'd be driving an FJ instead of the Taco if we had been able to swing the financing, but we were maxed out at 15k OTD.
Old 06-16-2012, 03:53 PM   #39
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
Oh ya... in a New York Minute!

I'd be driving an FJ instead of the Taco if we had been able to swing the financing, but we were maxed out at 15k OTD.
I tried again yesterday and they only want to give me 20 for my truck. They knocked off a whopping 500 from the FJ's sticker price. I think I'm just going to drop it for now. My truck is great just not exactly what I wanted.
Old 06-16-2012, 04:46 PM   #40
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I tried again yesterday and they only want to give me 20 for my truck. They knocked off a whopping 500 from the FJ's sticker price. I think I'm just going to drop it for now. My truck is great just not exactly what I wanted.
Tough market right now.

When the 2013 models are released, they'll perform sexual favors to clear out their '12s