Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > FJ Cruisers

Notices

tacoma for fj

Old 06-16-2012, 04:46 PM   #41
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
Tough market right now.

When the 2013 models are released, they'll perform sexual favors to clear out their '12s
Lol. Damn Tacomas!!!!
Old 06-16-2012, 05:02 PM   #42
WB750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWB750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWB750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWB750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWB750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWB750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWB750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWB750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWB750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWB750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWB750 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Volunteer Firefighter
Name: Wade
WB750's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by F75gunslinger View Post
Um..I'm 6'1" and don't even have the front seat all the way back. Really ? The windshield in the Taco is more raked than the FJ,but I don't really see feeling " squished against the windshield".
^x2
Old 06-16-2012, 08:12 PM   #43
CantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FTR
CantSitStill's Tacoma Gallery
I got my '08 FJ in March '09 for about $3500 off sticker. Hold on, there will be deals.
Old 06-25-2012, 11:04 AM   #44
andy2003 will become famous soon enough

Name: Andy
andy2003's Tacoma Gallery
Man I traded my 03 about a year ago and miss the bed no doubt about that! The Fj is better for my boy safer srs wise. I also am getting crap for mpg! I chalked it up to me driving hard. My wife drove it for two days while I took the 4runner in for service. She said what's wrong with this thing the mpg sucks??? I've changed plugs all gapped the same at factory setting I always run 93 oct. and tires are not overly aggressive. Too bad your in NV we'd just switch a week let you see what you'd think after a week! Now I'm trolling around looking for a good deal on a taco double cab which is hard to find!!
Old 06-26-2012, 06:41 PM   #45
fj6high is a glorious beacon of lightfj6high is a glorious beacon of lightfj6high is a glorious beacon of lightfj6high is a glorious beacon of lightfj6high is a glorious beacon of lightfj6high is a glorious beacon of light
Army: 63T H8 Mechanic
Name: Howard
fj6high's Tacoma Gallery
I traded in a 05" Quad cab Taco for a 07 FJ 4X4, mileage really sucked to begin with and now that it's extremely modded I'm lucky to get 12mpg!

I still like it better then the Taco's I've owned but then every now and then I need a bed to haul stuff.
Old 07-22-2012, 11:45 AM   #46
elktaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Drew
elktaco's Tacoma Gallery
Well, thanks a lot! I have a 97 reg cab, been looking at a 2nd gen DC . But know I'm reminded how bitchin' those FJC's are. Might have to rethink my strategy
Old 07-27-2012, 12:38 PM   #47
jbandt is on a distinguished road
jbandt's Tacoma Gallery
My situation is reversed. I have the fjc and have been here researching tacos. Don't get me wrong, I dig the fj. However, I might end up needing something that gets better mpgs in town. The blind spot thing was never an issue for me, but I do miss having a bed for the occasional haul and mpgs is ok but not quite enough. It does handle very well on the road, I must say. I'm really torn actually. Id like to keep the fj and get the taco, but the budget wont allow for that. I'll just have to wait and see what the mpgs ends up being once I move farther from work next year.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:41 PM   #48
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbandt View Post
My situation is reversed. I have the fjc and have been here researching tacos. Don't get me wrong, I dig the fj. However, I might end up needing something that gets better mpgs in town. The blind spot thing was never an issue for me, but I do miss having a bed for the occasional haul and mpgs is ok but not quite enough. It does handle very well on the road, I must say. I'm really torn actually. Id like to keep the fj and get the taco, but the budget wont allow for that. I'll just have to wait and see what the mpgs ends up being once I move farther from work next year.
Keep the FJ and get a small car for MPGs.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:42 PM   #49
woodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shed
woodygg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canazes9 View Post
My son thought I was nuts for even considering the FJ - why would you get that when you could get a Tacoma?

I liked the FJ, wish the back seat had more leg room (same as the Tacoma), wish the rear windows would roll down. The visibility was a problem - my wife doesn't drive my vehicles that often, but still I saw her crunching this at some point or another... The FJ seemed poorly suited to a family man's needs = more like a couples vehicle (like a 2 door Jeep). I think the Tacoma's longer wheel base also makes it a superior tow vehicle and I tow (4 wheeler trailer, camper, boat, etc...)

David
sadly the back seats in the fj's are beyond a joke - the tacomas have more leg room by far. i was shocked how little leg room the fj's had... all they had to do was make the back seat adjustable and they would've solved that issue.
Old 07-27-2012, 02:12 PM   #50
jbandt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Keep the FJ and get a small car for MPGs.
Tis a good solution, but at 6'3" and not liking being low to the ground that mostly eliminates any car. A 4 banger taco should fit the bill perfectly when the time comes.

To anybody considering the fj, it is a great vehicle with unique styling and great versatility.
Old 07-27-2012, 02:29 PM   #51
Banned
Quote:
Tis a good solution, but at 6'3" and not liking being low to the ground that mostly eliminates any car. A 4 banger taco should fit the bill perfectly when the time comes.

To anybody considering the fj, it is a great vehicle with unique styling and great versatility.
Just trying to help. A truck won't return very good mileage.
Old 07-29-2012, 04:16 PM   #52
Canes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: EAOS 83'
Canes58's Tacoma Gallery
I'm lookin at tradin in one of my vehicles for an FJ, has 92,000. Are there any high mileage things I should look for? I mean FJ specific.
Old 07-29-2012, 10:07 PM   #53
andy2003 will become famous soon enough

Name: Andy
andy2003's Tacoma Gallery
What year is it? They had problems with cab corner separating from fire wall in early models but should have been recalled or fixed. 92k ain't even broke in yet same motor as Tacoma but doesn't get as good as gas mileage. Mine is a 07 with 75 on it haven't had a issue so far.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:57 AM   #54
jbandt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes58 View Post
I'm lookin at tradin in one of my vehicles for an FJ, has 92,000. Are there any high mileage things I should look for? I mean FJ specific.
I got mine with 85000 on it. The FJ forum will help a lot. The only issues I've read about are torque converter issues the might end up causing transmission work to be done. The main symptom is a shutter/vibration while accelerating and only seems to happen in cooler temperatures. That's the biggest one I've read about. One smaller one is the thermostat going out which causes the engine to stay in warm up mode even after its warmed up. It causes really bad mpgs, but doesn't seem common.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:55 PM   #55
Canes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: EAOS 83'
Canes58's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I got mine with 85000 on it. The FJ forum will help a lot. The only issues I've read about are torque converter issues the might end up causing transmission work to be done. The main symptom is a shutter/vibration while accelerating and only seems to happen in cooler temperatures. That's the biggest one I've read about. One smaller one is the thermostat going out which causes the engine to stay in warm up mode even after its warmed up. It causes really bad mpgs, but doesn't seem common.
Thanks for the info.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:56 PM   #56
sarnjsaechao is on a distinguished road

sarnjsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to sarnjsaechao
do it i did lol

gonna sell the taco. smooth ride compared to tacoma, love this thing!
Attached Thumbnails
tacoma for fj-taco-fj.jpg  
Old 08-09-2012, 06:02 PM   #57
CantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FTR
CantSitStill's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnjsaechao View Post
gonna sell the taco. smooth ride compared to tacoma, love this thing!
WTF?! Taco for Tacoma?!
Old 08-09-2012, 06:19 PM   #58
sarnjsaechao is on a distinguished road

sarnjsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to sarnjsaechao
bought a fj. selling the tacoma.