Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > FJ Cruisers

Notices

tacoma for fj

Old 01-10-2012, 09:50 PM   #1
steveomalilay is just really nicesteveomalilay is just really nicesteveomalilay is just really nicesteveomalilay is just really nice
Name: steven
steveomalilay's Tacoma Gallery
tacoma for fj

so im thinking about trading the tacoma in for a fj what do you guys think do you guys like your fj what do u like about it what dont you everything like that
Old 01-10-2012, 09:52 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Do you want the FJ? If so get it. I wanted one but I kinda needed a bed for the quad I barely ride. Yeah I wish I would have bought the FJ.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:14 AM   #3
Come and take them.
bendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
bendbolden's Tacoma Gallery
I just did that very thing. So far I am loving it! I can tell the mods are going to eat a bigger hole in my pocket than the Tacoma did though.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:58 AM   #4
Shinty Killer
Gabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines:
Name: Gabe
Gabex35's Tacoma Gallery
I went from a 2010 Access Cab to a 2011 FJ and only sometimes miss the bed. Get yourself a GOOD roof rack and you can pretty much use it as a bed (so long as your not hauling super heavy stuff).

I think the FJ drives better on and off-road. Blind spots take some getting used to but aren't terribly bad with some convex mirrors. Windshield is a magnet for rocks and other shit (that being said, make sure you have windshield insurance).

Those are the only things that come to mind but i will chime in as i remember them.

What year, model, packages are you planning on going with?
Old 01-11-2012, 07:59 AM   #5
Stubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
Stubbs95tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Im a tacoma guy but FJ's are just pure badass... go for it man
Old 01-11-2012, 08:15 AM   #6
PRBond is on a distinguished road

Navy: USNR - Honorably Discharged in Oct. '94
Name: Patrick
PRBond's Tacoma Gallery
Dude, I've been thinking about the same thing... I have an '04 Tacoma TRD PreRunner that I bought brand new and I've put 166,000 miles on it. I've been thinking that in the next 12-24 months I'm going to go and either get another Taco or an FJ Cruiser and I can't decide....

I'm also anxious to see how much the Tacoma Baja edition is going to sell for when it hits the dealers this year... Assuming that is going to cost more than I want to spend, I'm leaning toward a new FJ Cruiser in that army green color.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:23 AM   #7
I got tiger blood.. WINNING
LBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
LBCdan's Tacoma Gallery
I love my FJ. It pretty much comes down to if you need a bed or not. I hardly used the Tacoma bed but it did come in handy when needed. The FJ has a very roomy trunk area, the rear seats food down and the roof rack helps too!
Old 04-12-2012, 12:47 PM   #8
CantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FTR
CantSitStill's Tacoma Gallery
I recently traded in my 2008 FJ for a 2012 Tacoma. My biggest complaints for the FJ were the shit visibility, poor vent placement, lack of any working rear windows (for my dog) the 2008 asked for premium, and a really cheap interior.
I LOVE my ne Taco and would never go back. BUT, the FJ held it's value REALLY well. I traded it in for $5500 less than I bought it for at four years old and 50kmi. Not bad cost of ownership.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:23 AM   #9
textoy is on a distinguished road
Name: Fred
textoy's Tacoma Gallery
Currently have both an '11 tacoma DC 4x4 OR and a '12 FJ(wife's-she also has a '08 SC 430 Lexus). I replaced the OEM rack with a Low profile full mesh Baja Rack. We fight over who gets to drive the FJ. She even prefers it to the SC. The FJ is considerably more comfortable than the tacoma. Visibility isn't as bad as I thought it would be. I keep the rear headrest in a basket behind the seat. Helps greatly. Ventilation is a real drawback. Can't drive comfortably with the windows open or the wind will beat you to death. I have the tacoma for hauling things from Lowe's and to carry my bicycle. However, i have a thule rack on the FJ top rack but sure have to remember it is up there. I'm tall so it isn't bad getting it off. All that said, If it weren't for the need of a bed to haul things, I would buy another FJ, though I might weight to see if they solve the vent problems when and if Toyota redesigns.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:40 AM   #11
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazutoytaco View Post
Are you looking for stock replacements or a Big Brake kit?
Drivetrain is the same as the Taco except for the 10+ with the dual VVT-i engine. Also the Taco was rated with better offroad capability than the FJ by a 4wd magazine.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:44 AM   #12
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
I went Tacoma to FJ and back to Tacoma... Missed the truck, 4 real doors, extra room inside,,storage areas and the bed.

FJs are nice, but the Tacoma was better for me and my family.
Old 05-13-2012, 05:45 AM   #13
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
I went Tacoma to FJ and back to Tacoma... Missed the truck, 4 real doors, extra room inside,,storage areas and the bed.

wasn't there something in between all the toyotas? j/k

OP I would go test drive one. There is some good info here from owners & previous ones. See how you like it just don't fall for that new car smell.
Old 05-19-2012, 12:02 AM   #14
Indiehawk is on a distinguished road
Indiehawk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post

I'm kinda in the same boat.
99 taco trd that got me into mountain adventures and locker saved my butt several times.
2010 TRAIL TEAMS with $10k+ in mods (cant believe that) and my kids (2&3) cant see anything and always "can you roll my window down" cause mommy can in her car and they love it.
If i didnt have kids and want dogs and other hunting buddies (hawks) separate id be keeping my dream FJ?.......yup its basically perfect For me and great to drive everyday. Ok maybe gas isnt great but ok. ARB fr bumper with icons and ome/ toytec in rear with airbags.
I'm on here trying to figure out what TACO route to go.

DCSB TRD OR with ICON and a shell. Armor? Love the look and function but not wheelin enough to warrant armor. Well see. I just get too excited when i see tricked out expedition and offroad gear.

OP. - i just got a tacoma loaner from dealer and at 5'8" felt almost sqished up againt the windshield........i'll get used to it again but go drive the FJ its a unique driving experience. More upright position as the floor is further away. Fj seat goes up and down BTW. Ill be looking for buyers eventually.

Post #1. Bty
Old 05-19-2012, 12:35 AM   #15
amain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
amain's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Drivetrain is the same as the Taco except for the 10+ with the dual VVT-i engine. Also the Taco was rated with better offroad capability than the FJ by a 4wd magazine.
Ha Ha. Good one.
Old 05-27-2012, 04:10 PM   #16
Enzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to behold

Name: Opie
Enzo's Tacoma Gallery
Ive been seriously considering an FJ for a long time. Don't get me wrong I do love my Tacoma but would love an FJ.
Old 05-27-2012, 04:14 PM   #17
TacomaChris has a spectacular aura aboutTacomaChris has a spectacular aura about

TacomaChris's Tacoma Gallery
I want both so I've been trying to talk the wife into getting one so I can mod it
Old 05-27-2012, 04:24 PM   #18
The dog did it...I swear!
OffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: High Desert... land of junipers, sage brush, and lava rock
OffroadToy's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=whippersnapper02;5078309]Drivetrain is the same as the Taco except for the 10+ with the dual VVT-i engine. Also the Taco was rated with better offroad capability than the FJ by a 4wd magazine.[/QUOTE]

I want some of what he's ^ smoking!
Old 05-27-2012, 04:43 PM   #19
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by amain View Post
Ha Ha. Good one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffroadToy View Post
I want some of what he's ^ smoking!
I can't find the link right now. List went:

Wrangler
4Runner
Raptor
Taco

and in 7th or 8th was FJ.
Old 05-27-2012, 07:29 PM   #20
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Wanted an FJ
Couldn't afford an FJ
Got stuck with an '08 RC Base 2WD

Eventually, will upgrade to an FJ so I'm using some restraint in my mods.