Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > FJ Cruisers

Notices

****FJ SE ANTHRACITE RIMS****

Old 02-20-2012, 08:16 AM   #1
KillSwitch is on a distinguished road

KillSwitch's Tacoma Gallery
****FJ SE ANTHRACITE RIMS****

I like to get some help on getting some FJ SE anthracite rims. We all know these rims have been discontinued. In order to get these rims, you'll need a VIN #. I know some peeps would be skeptical in giving their VIN #'s but if you can help a brother out, it would be greatly appreciated. I needed just to get the rims for my Tacoma. I'm located in California. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 02-20-2012, 08:23 AM   #3
mmmmmmbourbon.
xodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

xodeuce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendooman View Post
Those are silver?
Old 02-20-2012, 10:32 AM   #4

the bronze or black ones like these...

Old 02-20-2012, 10:34 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hendooman View Post

thats a bit pricey......thanks tho
Old 02-20-2012, 10:51 AM   #6
mmmmmmbourbon.
xodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

xodeuce's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck with it man. I did some research on it about a year ago, and found that 1)You've got to have the VIN. 2)Even the shipping ports that receive the parts off the ship were backordered on them as of about a year ago. Places had one or maybe two in stock for the whole US or something ridiculous.

Frank Toyota http://www.franktoyota.com/index.htm was the hookup a couple of years ago when they were going on eBay for $625 shipped or so. You may have some luck through them. At a minimum they can tell you what's in stock at the port.
Old 02-20-2012, 11:05 AM   #7

my bad ....not bronze but gunmetal
Old 02-20-2012, 11:26 AM   #8
mmmmmmbourbon.

xodeuce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillSwitch View Post
my bad ....not bronze but gunmetal
The Anthracite (gunmetal) ones are Toyota part number PT904-35071.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:29 PM   #9

shoptrd.com are liars. they said that if i was to find the vin# for a fj, they would be able to get the rims for me. I eventually found it. Now they say I have to own that vehicle in order to get rims.....wtf.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:44 PM   #10
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
shoptrd.com are liars. they said that if i was to find the vin# for a fj, they would be able to get the rims for me. I eventually found it. Now they say I have to own that vehicle in order to get rims.....wtf.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:40 AM   #11
mmmmmmbourbon.

xodeuce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Uhh... did you not think that the reason they originally needed a VIN was because they only sold them to TRD SE FJ owners who needed replacements?

It wasn't some grand scheme to just create an extra step for folks who wanted to get them and didn't own a TRD SE FJ. They really did only want to sell them to folks who owned the proper vehicle. Period.

The reason they're out of stock everywhere and impossible to find, is because folks started using other people's VIN numbers and skirting the system. Hell, I think Frank Toyota was using the VIN numbers off of TRD SE FJ's on their lot to order the rims in bulk back in late 09. Toyota got wise to it, now they're forcing buyers to have a VIN, ID, and registration in the same name as the valid ID.

Think how pissed you'd be if you did own a TRD SE FJ, chipped a rim, wanted a replacement, and couldn't get it b/c they were sold out.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:56 PM   #12
amain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
amain's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I actually own a 2007 TRD and I have destroyed 4 out of the 5 rims from rocks and some hard wheeling. The spare is the only good one I have now. I receintly tried to buy replacement rims and was told that I need to buy the silver ones and have them color matched. I think you are just getting the run around anyway. No one has any left in stock.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:05 PM   #13
bizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to behold

bizjettech's Tacoma Gallery
I just bought a new set of silver TRD FJ wheels from Frank Toyota. They have more, an excellent price as well!
Old 02-21-2012, 05:30 PM   #14
BWro is a glorious beacon of lightBWro is a glorious beacon of lightBWro is a glorious beacon of lightBWro is a glorious beacon of lightBWro is a glorious beacon of lightBWro is a glorious beacon of light
BWro's Tacoma Gallery
I bought my gun metal fj rims from Frank Toyota. No vin# needed
Old 02-21-2012, 05:43 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWro View Post
how long ago was that? I dont think they can do that anymore.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:47 PM   #16
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I bought a set too from my local dealer but this was back in August of '09.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:49 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWro View Post
how long ago was that? I dont think they can do that anymore.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:50 PM   #18

what size off road tires will be good for this size rims? hopefully mine will be coming soon.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:29 PM   #19
mmmmmmbourbon.

xodeuce's Tacoma Gallery
Most folks do a 33" tire, or 285/75/16.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:34 PM   #20
BWro is a glorious beacon of lightBWro is a glorious beacon of lightBWro is a glorious beacon of lightBWro is a glorious beacon of lightBWro is a glorious beacon of lightBWro is a glorious beacon of light
BWro's Tacoma Gallery
The vin# was in question when I bought mine. When I asked about it, the parts guy laughed and told me no. I bought my rims back in 09 I think