Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > FJ Cruisers

Notices

wikid

Old 04-03-2012, 12:13 PM   #21
wikid is one of the sharper tools in the shedwikid is one of the sharper tools in the shedwikid is one of the sharper tools in the shedwikid is one of the sharper tools in the shedwikid is one of the sharper tools in the shedwikid is one of the sharper tools in the shedwikid is one of the sharper tools in the shedwikid is one of the sharper tools in the shedwikid is one of the sharper tools in the shedwikid is one of the sharper tools in the shedwikid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wikid's Tacoma Gallery
It just hasn't been on the priority list. I thought about SAC , but will probably wait or get a mini truck to build as a buggy. Or maybe I will just do stuff I can do with my truck and call it a day
Old 08-27-2012, 09:24 PM   #23
wikid is one of the sharper tools in the shedwikid is one of the sharper tools in the shedwikid is one of the sharper tools in the shedwikid is one of the sharper tools in the shedwikid is one of the sharper tools in the shedwikid is one of the sharper tools in the shedwikid is one of the sharper tools in the shedwikid is one of the sharper tools in the shedwikid is one of the sharper tools in the shedwikid is one of the sharper tools in the shedwikid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wikid's Tacoma Gallery
A few upgrades
This is the result from removing my rack, modifying it and making a little device to keep my light investment safe, legal and more stealth than it already was.
This is the prototype.
I am working on a drop in solution

Click on the image for a little video clip

Here was the in process pictures

It required a rack modification

One bonus, is the ability to raise or lower the light, in very small increments. If I'm blinding the drivers in front of me, on the trail, I can bring it down some. Or I can raise it, to see something up high, a hill etc.

This is pictures of the other lighting I installed during the light actuator mod
I didn't pull the roof rack, but installed all of the lights

I used the outer light tabs and welded a bracket to the outside frame of the roof rack, then painted it in a satin black to match the rack . It was a simple piece of 1x1/8th flat bar. The nice part is that I only needed to weld one side and bolted the other, The light position is actually perfect this way.

It was too late to get a good shot of the mount

same bracket and attached the front pair of 2" ers. I added another welded bracket to mount the rears, going off to the side .

These are the 2 in round version that puts out more light. I believe they put out 1300 lumens each

The way it's wired, I have 3 circuits, each side and the rear .
Here are a few bad pic, night time shots
I will need to do some aiming ,after I try them out

regular headlights

stealth bar

Side lights will need adjusting , but I think the coverage is fine

This was a really dark area

crappy pic

All the wiring is now ran, inside the outer tubes of the rack
Old 08-27-2012, 09:32 PM   #24

wikid's Tacoma Gallery
Just a few other items of importance .
I upgraded the Head unit
Kenwood 9990hd with all the fixins

It's sort of installed . I have to talk to the stereo shop tomorrow . My iPod classic isn't wanting to be recognized, yet the Kenwood logo and what song is playing on the hd radio, appears in the window of the iPod . Not sure what's happening there, but I am sure there's a easy fix to it

The difference in sound versus using the stock head unit , going through a 4 channel and and sub is simply amazing.

The blue tooth downloaded my entire address book .
Old 08-27-2012, 09:34 PM   #25

wikid's Tacoma Gallery
While I was doing the stereo upgrade ...

I Went ahead and wrapped the center console with white carbon fiber
I think it came out pretty good and I like the that it isn't in your face.
Here are a few pics

Probably not that good of the time a day to take pics, maybe I will get better ones later .
Old 08-28-2012, 06:48 AM   #26
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Your truck is SOOOOOO bad ass! I met you at the SDHQ/Lucas Oil Races at the end of March......truck is one of my favorites!
Old 10-28-2012, 10:27 AM   #27
The Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
The Woodsman's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Don ! Nice to see you here.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:41 AM   #28

wikid's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks James
Next year. ii If you go to the Summit... Lets do a trail together. Maybe a wildcat trail
Old 10-28-2012, 11:03 AM   #29
The Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
The Woodsman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wikid View Post
Thanks James
Next year. ii If you go to the Summit... Lets do a trail together. Maybe a wildcat trail
That's a possibility. After five years of attendance, I've been meaning to explore something other than the regular trails. I plan to be at Moab before the Summit too.