Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > FJ Cruisers

Notices

FJC rear spring question.

Old 04-04-2012, 11:57 AM   #1
.<>./
capetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

capetaco12's Tacoma Gallery
FJC rear spring question.

Iv have searched and i doubt they exist but i have a friend looking for stock height rear springs that are extra stiff. He tows a camper and dislikes how much the rear end bounces around. He has currently installed an anti sway kit and weight distributing hitch. So he belives the only problem is the soft stock springs. Anyone know of solutions that do not involve a lift kit?
Thanks
Old 04-04-2012, 04:11 PM   #2
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jonny's Tacoma Gallery
Edit*
nvm'd... I don't know of any man..sorry
Old 04-04-2012, 04:21 PM   #3
whereismymind has a brilliant futurewhereismymind has a brilliant futurewhereismymind has a brilliant futurewhereismymind has a brilliant futurewhereismymind has a brilliant futurewhereismymind has a brilliant futurewhereismymind has a brilliant futurewhereismymind has a brilliant futurewhereismymind has a brilliant futurewhereismymind has a brilliant futurewhereismymind has a brilliant future

Name: Don
whereismymind's Tacoma Gallery
An airbag kit. I think Toyteclifts.com sells a kit for the FJ. The only coils I know of that are stiffer than stock would be OME 895 and 896. The ride sucks when not hauling heavy loads though. I've had both. And they would also lift it.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:17 PM   #4
Shinty Killer
Gabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines:
Name: Gabe
Gabex35's Tacoma Gallery
Airbags would work or you can go custom like i did.

CSS is the place to go although they're not cheap and take kind of a long time.
http://www.coilsprings.com/

I ordered a set 1" higher than stock with 15% stiffer coils and had them made to progressively accommodate 150 extra pounds. I'm pretty happy with them so far.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:52 PM   #5
whereismymind has a brilliant futurewhereismymind has a brilliant futurewhereismymind has a brilliant futurewhereismymind has a brilliant futurewhereismymind has a brilliant futurewhereismymind has a brilliant futurewhereismymind has a brilliant futurewhereismymind has a brilliant futurewhereismymind has a brilliant futurewhereismymind has a brilliant futurewhereismymind has a brilliant future

Word of caution using CCS. I had custom coils made twice by them. Both of them failed on me. The second set failed quicker than the first. They did get put to a lot of off-road use though.

Metal Tech sells an extended travel progressive coil that might work. Even though they are longer than stock my FJ didn't sit very high with them on. You could do a spacer lift up front to help even it out. I don't remember what weight they handle though. You would have to check with MT. I have a set for sale. With the correct shock length they are IMO the best coil for off-road and on-road out there.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:44 PM   #6
Shinty Killer
Gabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines:
Name: Gabe
Gabex35's Tacoma Gallery
Who makes the MT ones? How much additional height did they give you over stock?
Old 04-05-2012, 12:07 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabex35 View Post
Who makes the MT ones? How much additional height did they give you over stock?
I never measured. You could give http://www.metaltech4x4.com/ a call. Mark the owner is a great guy. He can answer any questions.

From left to right: Metal tech/OME 896/stock FJ

With Metal Tech rear coils and 35's