1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

FJ rear locker in to a Tacoma

Discussion in 'FJ Cruisers' started by OLD TECH, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Apr 29, 2012 at 3:30 PM
    OLD TECH

OLD TECH [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    LARRY
    BATON ROUGE , LA
    Vehicle:
    1986 4X4
    does any one know if the rear locker out of a 08 FJ can be put into a o8 tacoma

2. Nov 18, 2012 at 1:42 AM
    RussellG

RussellG Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Russell
    Firestone
    Vehicle:
    87 DLX/00taco everything except the FJ bits
    Diamond Axle SAS, TRD FJ calipers and brembo rotors on all 4, FJ rear axle, 5.29's and elockers in both, 3rz swap and dual cases,4.7 rear case,00 taco dash, bobbed bed,soft topper,raceline beadlocks, fj cruiser steering wheel and clinometer, super white paint and 37'' kevlars. Much more but i will keep it simple.
    I may be wrong here but i think the tacoma is an 8.4 diff if not elocked already.

If you have an elocker its a direct swap. The elockers are all 8" including the high pin FJ80 ones.

You have a few options to make it work...Find an axle with the same WMS- WMS (wheel mount surface)distance that had an elocker or one that is 8" and mod the housing. or a TG housing and shafts to match. Diamond axle and ruff stuff also have housings. Ruff stuff if i remember correctly doesnt cut an elocker mount plate so a v6 would be the best one to modify.

If all thats too much trouble then id say a youkon zip locker or arb is your best bet

3. Nov 18, 2012 at 1:44 AM
    92LandCruiser

92LandCruiser Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nevada
    Vehicle:
    80 series Land Cruiser
    Cummins, tons, 40s
    Pretty much. Not really feasible to custom fit the e-locker 3rd into a non-elocker housing. The e-locker 3rds between Taco and FJ are the same though. As well as the "8.4" 3rds between the two but the e-locker and "8.4" don't really mix.

4. Nov 20, 2012 at 12:20 AM
    RussellG

RussellG Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Russell
    Firestone
    Vehicle:
    87 DLX/00taco everything except the FJ bits
    Diamond Axle SAS, TRD FJ calipers and brembo rotors on all 4, FJ rear axle, 5.29's and elockers in both, 3rz swap and dual cases,4.7 rear case,00 taco dash, bobbed bed,soft topper,raceline beadlocks, fj cruiser steering wheel and clinometer, super white paint and 37'' kevlars. Much more but i will keep it simple.
    I was meaning a non elocked 8" housing. I have seen some guys either use FJ80 housings and run that locker...But i think the rear is bigger...dont quote me on that part. Or run a later v6 housing and run 1.5" spacers to make up the difference if they cant find a taco housing.

To Top