Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > FJ Cruisers

Notices

FJ owners... what suspension are you running?

Old 09-04-2013, 12:55 PM   #21
scrufy is on a distinguished road
scrufy's Tacoma Gallery
Running Icon Stage 5 and the stage 6 track bar here.
It's cranked up pretty good for 35's but no way I can keep it this way. Springs are horribly stiff cranked up. If I lower it down to get the springs to actually work, then it won't fit 35's... Different setup in my future for sure. Probably straight axle.
Old 09-05-2013, 03:54 AM   #22
virginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Retired SNCO
virginiamarine's Tacoma Gallery
A couple of factors need to be mentioned here....

Is it a daily driver/Armor/Bumper/Winch/towing?
Does cost matter? If not, then go for it all

Me.....I'm fully level with it all added and went the more economical way. I can only get away with spending so much money on the truck!

Daily Driver, full steel armor front to back, steel bumper, winch, gobi rack, larger wheels, towing.

Front: Toytec coilover kit (goes on existing TT bilsteins so you can recycle your stock shock if it's the adjustables) about $400 group buy $600 with installation
Benefit: The winch didn't go on for another 8 months, as well as other heavier items. I was able to adjust each coilover to level out the truck as necessary (so far twice) and I've had this set up for 4 years now.

Rear: Toytec superflex springs and icon shocks (springs cost I think $150, $300 with installation). Shocks were my factory, but got a set of icons for free so what could I do.
Old 09-05-2013, 04:09 PM   #23
Total Automotive Performance
Chas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chas
Chas of MRT's Tacoma Gallery
ICON Vehicle Dynamics Stage kits are highly regarded in the FJ world if you were thinking of getting more into wheeling, but for the money the Bilstein 5100 shocks are a great replacement shock.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:03 AM   #24
New Mexico Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNew Mexico Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNew Mexico Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNew Mexico Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNew Mexico Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNew Mexico Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNew Mexico Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNew Mexico Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNew Mexico Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNew Mexico Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNew Mexico Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Retired
Name: Fred
New Mexico Taco's Tacoma Gallery
suspension

I am not a hard core wheeler so 5100s all away around works for me.
That and off road tires get me where I want to go. Running joke with the guys at Desert Rat and 4 Wheel Parts how guys throw money at a vehicle before find out what it will do stock. They do a good business off lifts and tires so drivers can go out and damage their vehicles.
Look at a Range Rover and the way it sits. Had a thrill following some new owners through the woods in Santa Fe National Forest in a lifted Tacoma with 265/75/16 Mickey Thompsons.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:27 AM   #25
Shinty Killer
Gabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines:
Name: Gabe
Gabex35's Tacoma Gallery
FJ owners... what suspension are you running?

I
Old 10-27-2013, 11:20 AM   #26
Tornadolax11 is on a distinguished road

Name: Reed
Tornadolax11's Tacoma Gallery
Icon Stage II, extended travel coilovers and tubular UCA's up front, pulled the front swaybar (insane difference offroad, not bad at all onroad), and then the rear icon 2" springs and 2.0 VS shocks. Will be upgrading to rear LT and remote resis all around down the road.
Old 12-11-2013, 01:46 PM   #27
Willandbill is on a distinguished road
Name: Bill
Willandbill's Tacoma Gallery
Just put on a 2"(more like 3") ironman lift from metal fab. Coil overs front, new springs and gas shocks in the rear. Stiffened up the mushy ride from stock. Similar to the OME setup but $3-400 cheaper. Have 285x70x17 falken Wild Peaks on 17x8" konig Six Shooter wheels. No BMC, still have about 1" clearance if I want to get into a more aggressive or slightly larger tire, but as of now, lovin it.
Old 12-12-2013, 07:12 AM   #28
LRSilverbullet is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement:
Name: Dave
LRSilverbullet's Tacoma Gallery
Toytec Ultimate w/ diff drop, sway bar relocators and LR UCAs on our 2010. Sets good, performs great with the ARB front and rear bumpers and sliders.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:12 AM   #29
virginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Retired SNCO
virginiamarine's Tacoma Gallery
Just a lesson learned I'd like to pass on everyone.....make sure you do something to grease/oil/coat your eccentrics on the LCA while your also take care of your suspencion (I'm guessing with a dry application). I recently went for a alignment and mine are frozen....can't do any alignments. just a heads up.
Old 12-27-2013, 01:44 AM   #30
No Mod McFly is on a distinguished road

No Mod McFly's Tacoma Gallery
Front- All Pro +2" Long Travel w/ Fox LT Coilovers w/ resi's and Timbren bumps
Rear- Icon Omega Bypass shocks with Metal Tech 2" progessive LT springs and 1.5" Daystar spacers above. Finished with Jounce hydros and MT offset lower links and AP upper links
Old 12-29-2013, 12:48 PM   #31
westcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kristen
westcoast's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure of the geometry with your Rear LT, but you may need to slightly trim the gas tank skid if you still have it on. A small weight welded onto the driveshaft for me a few others I know catches when the wheel is fully stuffed (very loud). I have Metaltech's Icon 2.5 rear kit

Hope the picture worked
Attached Thumbnails
FJ owners... what suspension are you running?-img_00000893.jpg  
Old 12-29-2013, 06:16 PM   #32
No Mod McFly is on a distinguished road

No Mod McFly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoast View Post
Not sure of the geometry with your Rear LT, but you may need to slightly trim the gas tank skid if you still have it on. A small weight welded onto the driveshaft for me a few others I know catches when the wheel is fully stuffed (very loud). I have Metaltech's Icon 2.5 rear kit

Hope the picture worked
I run Bud builts tank skid since thats low hanging fruit besides the rear diff. The tummy tuck with Lefty pulled the TC right up to inside the frame

This is where the FJ used to have that lower crossmember that holds the T/C- mine is cut off and a higher one bolted in

The gas tank now sit lower

Never had any issues with the skids on the Drive shaft balance weight. At present- the rear sits more like a 4 1/2" lift with the +2" rear springs and 1.5" spacer. The 3.5" All Pro springs sat higher but would fall out of the buckets when articulating so I got the longer MT springs