Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > FJ Cruisers

Notices

FJ owners... what suspension are you running?

Old 06-14-2012, 08:02 PM   #1
vatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
vatrdtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to vatrdtaco
Question FJ owners... what suspension are you running?

My wife has an 07 FJ. It came with a 3" Rough Country lift on it. It has spacers on the front, coils on the rear. The rear shocks need to be replaced, so I'm considering replacing all 4 with 5100's and OME coils up front. Anybody running a similar setup? If so, which OME's up front?
Old 06-15-2012, 09:13 AM   #2
DS Espy is on a distinguished road
DS Espy's Tacoma Gallery
^^ X2. We need some conversation in there!

I'm running the same setup as you now and am thinking about going OME all the way around. 5100's was my second choice though. The OME's give you options depending on if you're running with armor or not. Unless your wife's rig has an armored front bumper (that'd be rad) you should just go with the regular setup IMO. Here's from toytec's website:

03-09 4RUNNER AND 07-09 FJ CRUISER
* Front coils: Choose one option below:
-OME 884: Stock front weight -- Add top plate spacers for full 3" front lift with 884 coils
-OME 885: 70-180 lbs additional front weight --2.25-2.5” lift W/O Top Plate. Add Top Plate Spacer for 3” lift
-OME 886: 230 + lbs additional front weight (heavy bumper and winch) 2.5-3” Lift
Hope that helps
Old 06-15-2012, 01:13 PM   #3
I got tiger blood.. WINNING
LBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
LBCdan's Tacoma Gallery
5100s on all 4 corners. OME 884s up front with top plate spacers and toytec super flex in the rear. I have a stock bumper with razor wings.

Love my setup. Love the ride.
Old 06-15-2012, 04:19 PM   #4
DS Espy is on a distinguished road
DS Espy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBCdmv View Post
5100s on all 4 corners. OME 884s up front with top plate spacers and toytec super flex in the rear. I have a stock bumper with razor wings.

Sounds like a nice setup. Did you do it all at once or piece it together?
Old 06-15-2012, 07:52 PM   #5
vatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedvatrdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
vatrdtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to vatrdtaco
I thought this was the FJ section???

Which 5100's? Part #s? DSM says their 5100's will be too short in the rear.

She has the stock bumper. And what are razor wings?
Old 06-15-2012, 08:27 PM   #6
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
^ He probably posted it in another section and a mod moved it.
Old 06-18-2012, 07:41 AM   #7
123ROBERTELEE is one of the sharper tools in the shed123ROBERTELEE is one of the sharper tools in the shed123ROBERTELEE is one of the sharper tools in the shed123ROBERTELEE is one of the sharper tools in the shed123ROBERTELEE is one of the sharper tools in the shed123ROBERTELEE is one of the sharper tools in the shed123ROBERTELEE is one of the sharper tools in the shed123ROBERTELEE is one of the sharper tools in the shed123ROBERTELEE is one of the sharper tools in the shed123ROBERTELEE is one of the sharper tools in the shed123ROBERTELEE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
123ROBERTELEE's Tacoma Gallery
I run Icon all the way around... but for wife duty I would just put a set of OME's on with the top spacer and run it like that.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:03 PM   #8
LBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LBCdan's Tacoma Gallery
Originally Posted by LBCdmv

Sounds like a nice setup. Did you do it all at once or piece it together?

I pieced it together when I was buying the parts but did the install all at once. Turned out pretty nice. I ended up getting some pro-comp rims and 285 ATs
Old 06-25-2012, 08:03 AM   #9
westcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedwestcoast is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kristen
westcoast's Tacoma Gallery
I've got the OME kit front and back. Fantastic ride on and offroad.

Spacers in the front save $ - if your wife is not taking it offroad, and it will not see large rocks or logs. From what I've heard, spacers can't handle being bashed very well
Old 07-14-2012, 05:03 PM   #10
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Took my Dad with me to sdhq for the first time and looks like he may be getting this in the near future

Old 07-14-2012, 05:09 PM   #11
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
^Would you trust aluminum trailing arms in the rear? First rock scrape and I'd be crying.
Old 07-14-2012, 05:11 PM   #12
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
When they are cnc out of a block.... yes. I've seen them in person. Def BEEF and tough.
Old 07-14-2012, 05:13 PM   #13
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaes View Post
Took my Dad with me to sdhq for the first time and looks like he may be getting this in the near future

Mother of god how much does THAT cost?
Old 02-05-2013, 04:15 PM   #14
JerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud of

Name: Jerry
JerryTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I got basically the same kit for my 2012 Tacoma and it was right at about 6k with wheels, tires, labor and tax.. Totally worth the money though..
Old 03-04-2013, 01:21 PM   #15
I <3 Pink Tacos
JawKnee is a splendid one to beholdJawKnee is a splendid one to beholdJawKnee is a splendid one to beholdJawKnee is a splendid one to beholdJawKnee is a splendid one to beholdJawKnee is a splendid one to behold

Name: John
JawKnee's Tacoma Gallery
How much rear wheel travel does the Icon kit pull? We just got a 2010 FJ and are looking to do a mild build.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:29 PM   #16
Stop staring at me swan!
tacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tacoman15's Tacoma Gallery
Have you tried fjcruiserforums.com and searching there? I bet you will find what you're looking for.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:56 PM   #18
I <3 Pink Tacos
JawKnee is a splendid one to beholdJawKnee is a splendid one to beholdJawKnee is a splendid one to beholdJawKnee is a splendid one to beholdJawKnee is a splendid one to beholdJawKnee is a splendid one to behold

Name: John
JawKnee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoman15 View Post
Have you tried fjcruiserforums.com and searching there? I bet you will find what you're looking for.
I'll check it out
Old 03-07-2013, 12:46 PM   #19

LBCdan's Tacoma Gallery
Updating my suspension:

Front:

Toytec Coilovers on Bilstein 5100s
Camburg Uni-ball UCAs
Toytec Dif Drop

Back:

Toytec SuperFlex 2" Coils
Bilstein 5100s
Old 03-07-2013, 07:46 PM   #20
The Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
The Woodsman's Tacoma Gallery
Started with OME895 medium in front with Toytec Superflex in the back.

I added heavy skids, winch, front and rear bumpers, fridge and more so front and rear both sagged badly.

Upgraded to Radflo 3" lift using 650 lb rate front springs and 220 lb rate rear springs and everything sits great now. I went with the 2.5" dia shocks.