Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > FJ Cruisers

Notices

FJ's - thinking about it

Old 08-21-2012, 08:03 AM   #61
Limited
lucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lucky73's Tacoma Gallery
Old 08-21-2012, 01:41 PM   #62
andy2003 will become famous soon enough

Name: Andy
andy2003's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome Home!!!
Old 08-23-2012, 12:58 PM   #63
Limited
lucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lucky73's Tacoma Gallery
why does the compass light flash non-stop?
Old 08-23-2012, 01:42 PM   #64
jamesinkeys is just really nicejamesinkeys is just really nicejamesinkeys is just really nicejamesinkeys is just really nice
Name: james
jamesinkeys's Tacoma Gallery
I would consider a Fj if it were a factory convertible. I may have seen one...black with a black canvas folding top. Could have been a S.E.M.A. concept from toyota, hard top with a canvas overlay, and... or my imagination.
Old 08-23-2012, 02:28 PM   #65
RTO
FailRated is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailRated is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailRated is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailRated is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailRated is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailRated is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailRated is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailRated is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailRated is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailRated is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailRated is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
FailRated's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky73 View Post
Sick man. When my truck dies in 10 years I will be getting an FJ.

Now, if one were planning on going mod crazy on one of these would it be better/cheaper to get a non-locker/atrac 4x4 and just do ARB's front and rear?
Old 08-24-2012, 08:50 PM   #66
Limited

lucky73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy2003 View Post
Oh he bought it waiting for it to arrive had to have it shipped from east to west. By the way OP I mentioned my poor gas mpg. Well I found the fix on fjcruiserforums.com Apparently older models have weak thermostats. I had dropped to 200 miles a tank! Just changed it two days ago I now have 150.9 miles on a half tank!! I picked housing and all up at dealer for 43bucks. Just something to keep your eye on.

good tip, thank you. will keep an eye on it.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:34 AM   #67

Quote:
Did you get that to stop? I bet its from the FJ coming from east to west it has zones in it that you can program by holding down the set button.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:03 PM   #68
jluu44 is a glorious beacon of lightjluu44 is a glorious beacon of lightjluu44 is a glorious beacon of lightjluu44 is a glorious beacon of lightjluu44 is a glorious beacon of lightjluu44 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Jon
jluu44's Tacoma Gallery
The compass light flashes on and off because it needs to be re-calibrated. You need to hold the button down, and once the display changes, drive the FJ in a small circle until it re-calibrates. Took me a while to figure out why it wouldn't stop flashing after I reset the battery.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:34 PM   #69
Limited

lucky73's Tacoma Gallery
thank you jluu44 (nice fj)
Old 10-05-2012, 02:34 PM   #70
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Oh he bought it waiting for it to arrive had to have it shipped from east to west. By the way OP I mentioned my poor gas mpg. Well I found the fix on fjcruiserforums.com Apparently older models have weak thermostats. I had dropped to 200 miles a tank! Just changed it two days ago I now have 150.9 miles on a half tank!! I picked housing and all up at dealer for 43bucks. Just something to keep your eye on.
do you have a link to that? a buddy of mine had a 2007 black cherry fj that he only does maintenance on after something breaks....

he might become a roommate of mine soon, and one of my conditions will be that he give me extra money each month to put into modding his truck. He bought it a year ago with an arb front bumper, some kind of steel plate rear bumper, sliders, snorkel, and trd cold air intake, but the only thing he's done to it since is remove the sliders to repaint them... still hasnt put them back on, and add lights to the bumper... but hasnt wired them up.

rear bumper is so rusted that it needs to be sand blasted just to be able to paint it again. I want to get it sand blasted and then paint it with bed liner.
Old 10-05-2012, 05:18 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLink View Post
do you have a link to that? a buddy of mine had a 2007 black cherry fj that he only does maintenance on after something breaks....

he might become a roommate of mine soon, and one of my conditions will be that he give me extra money each month to put into modding his truck. He bought it a year ago with an arb front bumper, some kind of steel plate rear bumper, sliders, snorkel, and trd cold air intake, but the only thing he's done to it since is remove the sliders to repaint them... still hasnt put them back on, and add lights to the bumper... but hasnt wired them up.

rear bumper is so rusted that it needs to be sand blasted just to be able to paint it again. I want to get it sand blasted and then paint it with bed liner.

That's right bust his ass till he gets to work on her! This guy did a awesome write up and backed it up with facts.

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...l-mileage.html
Old 10-22-2012, 11:56 AM   #72
Limited

lucky73's Tacoma Gallery
1) click click click click at start-up = low battery, easily fixed and try to drive truck more than 1x per 3 weeks
2) new thermostat and coolant in (my last tank was 150 miles)
3) re-did 5000k service (or whichever was last)
Old 10-22-2012, 11:58 AM   #73
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
needs to be calibrated
Old 10-22-2012, 08:33 PM   #74
Limited

lucky73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
needs to be calibrated
tried but continues, need to look it up
Old 11-20-2012, 08:39 AM   #75
Limited

lucky73's Tacoma Gallery
Thermostat replacement appears to have fixed my gnarly gas mileage loss issue! Thanks again for the tip

The truck is great for longer trips, more comfortable than my Tacoma. Drove back and forth to Carmel in one day and found the seat very comfy and the ride smooth. Truck drove great over Highway 17. Now need to get it to Pismo and try the beach. Ran it up secret offroad trail in Presidio recently.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:02 AM   #76
Desert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
Desert Drifter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Is this at dealer you got it from? I saw a rack for sale on here in the WTS I thought? The all white looks good without it in my opion any way.
Nice except black wheels are so ghetto. Get them powdercoated gunmetal gray or dark bronze or anything but black for christssake, looks like teen-age owned FJ.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:34 PM   #77
Limited

lucky73's Tacoma Gallery
Im not messing with stock goodness on this one...
Old 11-21-2012, 10:10 AM   #78

Awesome on mpg!! Mine did samething helped big time! On black wheels came to same way of thinking if I wanted to change the stock ones I would get the powder coated but just think I'm going to run stock ones in great shape need some new tires!
Old 12-09-2012, 11:25 AM   #79
Limited

lucky73's Tacoma Gallery
Drove to Santa Barbara and back, 325 miles, last weekend and truck was stellar - including in the rain. Seats were comfy the whole way so I snagged a complete set of new front fj buckets from ebay to put on my new project...

Gas mileage was around 280 miles on a tank driving 65-70, I don't have roof rack.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:26 AM   #80
Limited

lucky73's Tacoma Gallery
Also...my 04 double cab is for sale. Good price and it is Very nice.