Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > FJ Cruisers

Notices

J.D. Powers releases: FJ Cruiser worst SUV

Old 09-21-2012, 07:16 PM   #21
Brianz1001 is on a distinguished road
Name: Brian
Brianz1001's Tacoma Gallery
Jen what did you read, the article says aol took jd powers list and showed the best and worst.
They are going to give you reviews for on the road, not offroad these cars and trucks are not sold off the lots for racing or running the trails. They take the info from everyday joes.
Old 09-23-2012, 03:34 PM   #22
photonashville has much to be proud ofphotonashville has much to be proud ofphotonashville has much to be proud ofphotonashville has much to be proud ofphotonashville has much to be proud ofphotonashville has much to be proud ofphotonashville has much to be proud ofphotonashville has much to be proud ofphotonashville has much to be proud ofphotonashville has much to be proud of
Name: John
photonashville's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure why a few people say that Toyota sells a ton of FJs. Look here at the 3rd chart for yearly sales: http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2011/01...s-figures.html

Sales plummeted in 2008 as did many cars but sales never recovered four years running. They don't even sell 15k a year now from the high of 56k units in 2006. To me that speaks volumes. I love the look of the FJ, but the general public obviously doesn't feel the same.

It's also interesting to see how 4Runner sales dropped as well over the decade. We have a 2000 4Runner and I never liked any version past that one.
Old 09-24-2012, 05:05 PM   #23
Brianz1001 is on a distinguished road
Name: Brian
Brianz1001's Tacoma Gallery
Well it could also be lower sales due to the gas prices,
Old 09-26-2012, 08:51 AM   #25
Limited
lucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lucky73's Tacoma Gallery
looks to me like the less supply there is the better the resale. lower production = higher resale, maybe...
Old 09-26-2012, 02:32 PM   #26
2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
2011TacomaSR5's Tacoma Gallery
Worst wouldn't be the case if they actually tested the FJ offroad where it belongs, course they suck on the street, they are designed to climb up mountains and cross all other types of unforgiving terrain, not hop over speed-bumps at Walmart.
Old 09-26-2012, 02:44 PM   #27
iliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shed
iliketurtles's Tacoma Gallery
The title makes it sound like the FJ is not reliable. Who gives a shit if it doesn't drive like a luxury car? They use the word 'dependable' in their crappy article as if they're rating the reliability of cars.
Old 09-26-2012, 02:54 PM   #28
aw113sgte is a splendid one to beholdaw113sgte is a splendid one to beholdaw113sgte is a splendid one to beholdaw113sgte is a splendid one to beholdaw113sgte is a splendid one to beholdaw113sgte is a splendid one to beholdaw113sgte is a splendid one to behold
aw113sgte's Tacoma Gallery
I agree with some of their complaints. I wanted to like the FJ, I really did. After test driving them, I have to agree, you can't see crap out of that thing. With an outdoor oriented vehicle, I want to see as well as possible. Their white roof thing was dumb too. It worked on the original since it was a separate panel. The thing is too big as well. Look at what made the original FJ40 great, the new FJ has some silly gimick stuff but none of the great stuff of the original.
Old 09-26-2012, 03:00 PM   #29
"Rumors of Bob, but never Bob. It is Bob, right?"
Bobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
Bobbb's Tacoma Gallery
Basing anything on what BJ Powers says is crap. Those fudgenuts sent me their survey twice for my Taco. I would've filled it out and sent it back in except for the fact that it had nothing to do with my truck. It was all profiling questions about what other stuff I buy and shit like whether or not I have a DVR and if I use it to FFWD through commercials. Garbage. I'll never base anything on their opinions again after seeing that.
Old 09-26-2012, 03:33 PM   #30
WHEEEEEEEEEEE!!
CRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shed

CRU's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldn't put any validity into anything JD Power says. It's all opinion based. No testing to back anything up. The study claims to measures how dependable a vehicle has been over the previous three years of ownership. Yet I love how they claim the Yaris is the best sub-compact. Other publications I've read (auto magazines, consumer reports) all say other than it's fuel economy, the Yaris is a POS. Slow as hell, cheap plastic interior, handles like crap, etc. Plus most of what they are touting is about the 2012 model. How is that measuring how dependable a vehicle has been over the previous three years of ownership? Same thing with the Ford Explorer being labeled the best SUV. For starters, when has a crossover (new name for minivan) ever been considered a utility vehicle. Sure, if you are considering utility work as how many kids you can get to Chuck E. Cheese's. Again, they tout a two year old vehicle as the best in a study measuring how dependable a vehicle has been over the previous three years of ownership. It's all complete marketing BS.

I've heard the FJ is not the most eloquent SUV on the road. But as other publications have noted, that is not what it was built for. Unlike some manufacturers that build a vehicle that looks the part but can't play the part. Toyota paid true homage to the FJ40 of old, and built it as an off road machine.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:08 PM   #31
Limited
lucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lucky73's Tacoma Gallery
my FJ is significantly nicer to drive on highway than my tacoma...even with the MT tires. it is quiet and smooth, my tacoma sounds like a broken tank. fj has 9000 miles too.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:11 PM   #32
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Vehicle reviews are on road.

And no, the FJ is not the best on road SUV on the market. Nor was it designed to be.

I think Toyota hit the ball out of the park with the FJ. It's very capable out of the box but can still be streeted without hating your life (unlike Jeep). If you want on-road manners, get one of the Lexuses.
Old 09-27-2012, 12:22 PM   #33
andy2003 will become famous soon enough

Name: Andy
andy2003's Tacoma Gallery
Calling BULLSHIT! Suck it JD POWER! Love mine will buy another one when its wore out like a 150thousand more miles on it than any Chevy ford or dodge!
Old 09-28-2012, 12:35 PM   #34
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
It says "The Most And Least Dependable Cars". I see nothing about dependability in that study. Garbage.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:45 PM   #35
Mid Traveling
12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: MP
Name: Roberto
12TRDTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
I kinda wish the Tacoma would start getting some shitty reviews... might be a little incentive for toyota to innovate.
I don't think that'll ever happen. They've stuck to a pretty good formula and they sell an ass ton of them so as much as I'd like to see some new innovation put into them (especially theft proof items) I just do not see it happening to them anytime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmcq View Post
The article does not say that the FJ is the worst SUV. Aol Autos says that it is the worst. JD just announced the best, the article even says that they did not announce the bottom of the list. Either way, JD Powers bases their ratings on user reviews, not just their opinion.
AOL still exists? Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by photonashville View Post
Not sure why a few people say that Toyota sells a ton of FJs. Look here at the 3rd chart for yearly sales: http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2011/01...s-figures.html

Sales plummeted in 2008 as did many cars but sales never recovered four years running. They don't even sell 15k a year now from the high of 56k units in 2006. To me that speaks volumes. I love the look of the FJ, but the general public obviously doesn't feel the same.

It's also interesting to see how 4Runner sales dropped as well over the decade. We have a 2000 4Runner and I never liked any version past that one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianz1001 View Post
Well it could also be lower sales due to the gas prices,
That's exactly why SUV sales as a whole have tanked and small compact car sales have skyrocketed over the past decade or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
You are all fools for buying a Toyota.....

Toyota sucks!! X2 X2!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by isu2014 View Post
It says "The Most And Least Dependable Cars". I see nothing about dependability in that study. Garbage.
They rate it based on looks, which is why most of the time I ignore auto reviews because all they care about is the present new vehicle, how it sits and how well it performs, not how well it sits years and thousands of beat down miles afterward.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:15 AM   #36
Mudfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudfly is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rick
Mudfly's Tacoma Gallery
Tell my wife her FJ sucks

Steep windshield makes great lunch counter!

Hard to see traffic lights sometimes but you can see Jeeps!