Notices

CEL & TRAC OFF Stuck On

Old 02-08-2013, 04:49 PM   #1
The slowest build EVER!!
MI4x4Toy will become famous soon enough

Name: Matt
MI4x4Toy's Tacoma Gallery
CEL & TRAC OFF Stuck On

Well, I'll start off by saying I couldn't find jack about this on fjcruiserforums so hopefully a fellow TW member will know! The wife disengaged 4hi back to 2hi this afternoon with vehicle stopped and in neutral. When this process happened the CEL and TRAC off lights came on in the dash.

Vehicle drives fine sounds fine. It's a 2012. Anyone else have an issue like this??
Old 02-08-2013, 06:33 PM   #2
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
My Tacoma did that , the code turned out to be an Evaporative Emissions Fault , in other words , a loose gas cap
Old 02-08-2013, 08:06 PM   #3
The slowest build EVER!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
My Tacoma did that , the code turned out to be an Evaporative Emissions Fault , in other words , a loose gas cap
If that's the case...how embarrassing! didn't make sense that the lights came on as the transfer case was shifted. I guess we will see in a day or two.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:11 PM   #4
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MI4x4Toy View Post
If that's the case...how embarrassing! didn't make sense that the lights came on as the transfer case was shifted. I guess we will see in a day or two.
It could be something else , but that was my experience
Old 02-11-2013, 06:23 PM   #5
The slowest build EVER!!

Ended up being a speed sensor...nothing wrong with physical part. Likely a computer glitch they said.