Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > FJ Cruisers

Notices

Thinking about selling my Tacoma & buying a FJ

Old 02-14-2013, 04:16 PM   #41
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04trd View Post
Hmmm the dealer has a 2010 fj with 24k on it they are asking $25k. Only bad part is it's a manual
what is wrong with manual?
Old 02-15-2013, 05:52 PM   #42
RedDead will become famous soon enough
RedDead's Tacoma Gallery
a manual is less safe to drive when youre eating, texting, and driving at the same time.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:03 PM   #43
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
And different engines, and different electronics, and weatherproof floors (okay, it's an option on the '12+ Taco), and badass tire/wheel combos....

And TRAIL TEAM FTMFW!

I seriously would like an olive drab TT FJ.
Yeah . Similarly equipped though I'd say there pretty equal .
Old 02-15-2013, 06:53 PM   #44
I bring the feel goods w/a heavy load of sarcasm
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDead View Post
a manual is less safe to drive when youre eating, texting, and driving at the same time.
Exactly why you should get a manual, to make you focus on driving.

Stuffing your face or getting back to a text should be the least of your concerns while driving. Plus driving a stick in today's lazy world gets you a few points on the man card.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:00 PM   #45
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Spend 3 hours on a Holiday-Weekend Friday driving 30 miles on LA freeways and you'll regret buying the manual.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:32 PM   #46
jmdaniel has much to be proud ofjmdaniel has much to be proud ofjmdaniel has much to be proud ofjmdaniel has much to be proud ofjmdaniel has much to be proud ofjmdaniel has much to be proud ofjmdaniel has much to be proud ofjmdaniel has much to be proud ofjmdaniel has much to be proud ofjmdaniel has much to be proud of

Army:
jmdaniel's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Spend 3 hours on a Holiday-Weekend Friday driving 30 miles on LA freeways and you'll regret buying the manual.
Or regret being in LA.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:37 PM   #47
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Check out the 2013 Cement edition trd fj with new wheels

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/ctd/3564568003.html
Old 02-16-2013, 03:39 AM   #48
TJ'sTOYCOMA
tmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: T-Rey
tmreyes1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay238 View Post

Friend at work already has one. If I were to get another FJ its the cement or the red TRD TT
Old 02-16-2013, 03:51 AM   #49
raskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
raskal311's Tacoma Gallery
A dc taco is a great do everything vehicle where an FJ is not. If it was I would have traded the taco in years ago. I love the look of the FJ but being as active as I am an FJ would not be as practically.
Old 02-16-2013, 04:35 AM   #50
CantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FTR
CantSitStill's Tacoma Gallery
I sold the FJ for the DCSB Tacoma.
Didn't like on the FJ
Side open rear door- when it is raining, the roof drains right on the shit you're trying to unload. Also,god help ya if you're parked on a side hill.
Close to zero over the shoulder visibility. The windows are tiny and the pillars are huge. Think panel van.
Add to that the windshield being so short that you have to stay 5 car lengths back from the stop light to be able to see it without contorting yourself sideways.
Finally, all the interior plastic scratches really easily and my steering wheel had a wear mark after 15000 miles.
I'm SOOO much happier with the Tacoma.
Old 02-16-2013, 04:44 AM   #51
tlh178 is on a distinguished road
Name: terry
tlh178's Tacoma Gallery
i have two tacoma's and a fjc right now. i like tooling around in my tacoma, but driving in the snow and trailering my boat or quad and 16 ft enclosed trailer the fj is very nice to have.
Old 02-16-2013, 05:09 AM   #52
jmdaniel has much to be proud ofjmdaniel has much to be proud ofjmdaniel has much to be proud ofjmdaniel has much to be proud ofjmdaniel has much to be proud ofjmdaniel has much to be proud ofjmdaniel has much to be proud ofjmdaniel has much to be proud ofjmdaniel has much to be proud ofjmdaniel has much to be proud of

Army:
jmdaniel's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantSitStill View Post
Finally, all the interior plastic scratches really easily and my steering wheel had a wear mark after 15000 miles.
That cheap plastic was amazing to me, sliding a cardboard box would leave marks. I had to get a soft side kennel to put my dogs in when I took them anywhere. With the Taco, and a Leer shell, they are running around in the back, and much happier.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:56 AM   #53
Spitfire is a jewel in the roughSpitfire is a jewel in the roughSpitfire is a jewel in the rough
Navy: Surface Warfare
Spitfire's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
Something about the FJ's style-over-function design just irks me. Small access door, cramped rear seat, poor visibility, all the while being 300 lbs heavier than a Taco.
Truth, just look at the rear lights. No one that has ever offroaded would think that is a good design.

Ultimately, you give up the Tacoma bed for a slightly shorter wheelbase and looks. I personally think the FJ interior looks like it was designed for a power wheels childs car. Goofy looking.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:37 AM   #54
I bring the feel goods w/a heavy load of sarcasm
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdaniel View Post
That cheap plastic was amazing to me, sliding a cardboard box would leave marks. I had to get a soft side kennel to put my dogs in when I took them anywhere. With the Taco, and a Leer shell, they are running around in the back, and much happier.
I just signed the papers to a new '12 civic, coming from a '10 civic. The plastic they used in this new one is cheap as hell

Seems pretty stingy if you ask me.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:44 AM   #55
deez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Darren
deez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
A 2011 SR5 4WD Taco and a 1977 FJ40 is a nice combo...
Agreed.

My next Toyota will be an FJ40 (or 80-series) *wishful thinking*
Old 02-17-2013, 09:55 AM   #56
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay238 View Post

There is 2 in stock at a local dealer . Tempting but at 36k ... Not so tempting .
Old 02-17-2013, 10:06 AM   #57
deez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Darren
deez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Truth, just look at the rear lights. No one that has ever offroaded would think that is a good design.
Yep, agreed - they stick out too far. Not uncommon to break one while wheeling. My friend and I broke ours during a wkend in Calico last Thanksgiving.

Here's mine. I had just gone off-camber through a very narrow canyon. You can see where the rock barely scraped along the bumper, black plastic corner, and quarter panel. If the tail light was tucked closer to the body, there'd be much less chance of breakage for sure.

Bulb assembly was still intact and functional.

Other than that, the FJ is a very capable 4WD vehicle (even in stock form). Even the Jeep guys are impressed with it's capabilities (even if some won't admit it).
Old 02-17-2013, 08:44 PM   #58
redtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John Austin
redtacoma88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Or regret being in LA.
hahaha, So good!
Old 02-17-2013, 09:04 PM   #59
07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
07trd4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sequoia is too big.
I beg to differ. I love my 07 Sequoia.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:39 PM   #60
TacomaChris has a spectacular aura aboutTacomaChris has a spectacular aura about

TacomaChris's Tacoma Gallery
Well...just sold my Tacoma and got a great deal on a brand new '12 Iceberg FJ that was left on the lot from the end of last year. I love the FJ and I loved my Tacoma also. Wish I could have afforded to keep both. Either way, my new FJ feels like chicks car right now with the little wheels and tires. I'm sure I'll have a lift with new wheels/tires on within a month or two. I can't wait to mod this thing