Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > FJ Cruisers

Notices

Thinking about selling my Tacoma & buying a FJ

Old 02-20-2013, 08:42 PM   #61
Ghost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
Ghost848's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by precoma View Post
Here is my girlfriends she just got

The only FJ I would buy
Old 02-20-2013, 08:43 PM   #62
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaChris View Post
Well...just sold my Tacoma and got a great deal on a brand new '12 Iceberg FJ that was left on the lot from the end of last year. I love the FJ and I loved my Tacoma also. Wish I could have afforded to keep both. Either way, my new FJ feels like chicks car right now with the little wheels and tires. I'm sure I'll have a lift with new wheels/tires on within a month or two. I can't wait to mod this thing
Great deal! Congratz
Old 02-20-2013, 08:43 PM   #63
NW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NW4RUNNER's Tacoma Gallery
FJs are sweet. But why not...

Old 02-20-2013, 08:55 PM   #64
Xer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of light

Army: veterans affairs
Xer0 SiN's Tacoma Gallery
reading someone say that the 4runner was getting discontinued was the biggest laugh of the day. someone would have to be high as a kite to kill off the 4runner. the fj, yeah i can see that, its a niche vehicle. the 4runner is iconic, and dominates a very large portion in marke share for suvs. other manufactures, model their suvs after the 4runner, thats how influential it is.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:08 PM   #65
NW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xer0 SiN View Post
reading someone say that the 4runner was getting discontinued was the biggest laugh of the day. someone would have to be high as a kite to kill off the 4runner. the fj, yeah i can see that, its a niche vehicle. the 4runner is iconic, and dominates a very large portion in marke share for suvs. other manufactures, model their suvs after the 4runner, thats how influential it is.
Not a chance
Old 02-20-2013, 09:17 PM   #66
EatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EatMyTacomaDust's Tacoma Gallery
You're gonna like having a 4x4 much better in my opinion. One thing I really love on the FJ is the Manual 4x4 Shifting - NO KNOBS to engage 4x4 - old school.

Post some pics when you get a chance.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:45 PM   #67
laurnstar is on a distinguished road

Name: Lauren
laurnstar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaChris View Post
Thoughts?

I love my Tacoma...but I couldn't stop drooling over the FJs at the dealership today.

I just traded my 08 FJ in last year for my Tacoma. I miss it but don't regret it!! Offroading in the FJ was very different, nice short wheel base and it definitely has torque. Have to admit, being able to sleep in the back of your truck is pretty sweet though
Old 02-20-2013, 10:17 PM   #68
Xer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of light

Army: veterans affairs
Xer0 SiN's Tacoma Gallery
sleep? or sleeeeeep? LOL
Old 02-20-2013, 10:38 PM   #69
Valsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brian
Valsmere's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 07 TRD FJ but I just orderd a DCLB Tacoma on 2/11/13. I have been wanting ro go back to a truck for the longest time. But I will admit I am gonna miss the FJ. Hopefully my Taco will be here soon the wait is KILLING me.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:45 AM   #70
JimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud of
Name: Jim
JimBCa's Tacoma Gallery
I have a couple of friends in our 4x4 group that have them. Off road very capable, and nice for the two in front. I have spent many hours in both front and backseat on some of our road trips and the backseat sucks, getting in/out banged my head way to many times, and I have a hard time getting my feet out the door. Visibility was another issue, but you learn your vehicle and use the mirros and such and you will be fine.
But while I was waiting on my truck to get serviced last time, they one sitting on the showroom floor. It sure was nice..

For two people think they are pretty nice, and actually more room than a jeep.

Heck, both the truck and the FJ are nice rigs, and if you want one, go for it
Old 02-22-2013, 01:43 PM   #71
Limited
lucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lucky73's Tacoma Gallery
FJ and RegCab 4x4, problem solved
Old 02-22-2013, 01:45 PM   #72
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4RUNNER View Post
FJs are sweet. But why not...

i would take a 4R-TE over any FJ out there.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:50 PM   #73
Negative Ghostrider
JdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Josh
JdevTac's Tacoma Gallery
I really liked the idea of having an fj but when I saw the mpg reports I wept. Not that a lifted Tacoma with armor is that much better but still. When they are armored and lifted they become toyotas most bad ass vehicle
Old 02-22-2013, 02:26 PM   #74
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Our Fj's at work suck. They get terrible gas mileage, small ass gas tank. They both have a crazy death wobble that the dealership cannot figure out after 3 years. The blind spots in them are miserable, and the stupid design of a windshield is yeah..

I vote no
Old 02-22-2013, 04:56 PM   #76
VA6DCO
IgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
IgnorantlyAlberta's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=EatMyTacomaDust;6474342]You're gonna like having a 4x4 much better in my opinion. One thing I really love on the FJ is the Manual 4x4 Shifting - NO KNOBS to engage 4x4 - old school.

I noticed this on visit to the dealership the other day. Jealous.

I want that and the inclinometer out of the FJ.
Keep the rest though Id also rather go with a 4 runner.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:21 PM   #77
Banned
DdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Crazy
DdayIsNear's Tacoma Gallery
here is generic picture of what wifey just purchased. i am trading in my 07 dbl cab manual for 12 dbl cab auto, off road. she cant drive stick and its hard for her being only 5'0 in the taco. so this way when we have kids, she can drive the taco. but having one of each in the family is great

Old 02-28-2013, 08:22 PM   #78
Banned
DdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Crazy
DdayIsNear's Tacoma Gallery
generic web pic
Old 03-01-2013, 11:46 AM   #79
CantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FTR
CantSitStill's Tacoma Gallery
Thinking about selling my Tacoma & buying a FJ-imageuploadedbytapatalk1362167158.114882.jpg
Was mine. So happy to be rid of the "short bus".
Old 03-01-2013, 11:51 AM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantSitStill View Post
Attachment 198401
Was mine. So happy to be rid of the "short bus".
You weren't a fan?