mking will become famous soon enoughmking will become famous soon enough

Name: SilverSurfer
mking's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DdayIsNear View Post
generic web pic

this thing reminds me of that robot from robocop ED209

Old 03-01-2013, 04:31 PM   #82
CantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FTR
CantSitStill's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4RUNNER View Post
You weren't a fan?
No. No visibility, too much plastic, swing open tailgate, worthless rear window. I was contemplating selling it from 6 months in. Came out of an '02 4Runner.
Old 03-01-2013, 05:25 PM   #83
TacomaChris has a spectacular aura aboutTacomaChris has a spectacular aura about

TacomaChris's Tacoma Gallery
Well after roughly ten days with the FJ.......I love it. It's different but I've been extremely happy with it thus far
Old 03-01-2013, 05:42 PM   #84
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I want that and the inclinometer out of the FJ.
Keep the rest though Id also rather go with a 4 runner.
You know there are plenty of compass/inclinometer apps for smartphones, right?

I wouldn't mind a 2-door 4Runner, though it would be quite heavy (4600 lb).

Old 03-01-2013, 07:23 PM   #85
NW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NW4RUNNER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
I noticed this on visit to the dealership the other day. Jealous.
I want that and the inclinometer out of the FJ.
Keep the rest though Id also rather go with a 4 runner.
You know there are plenty of compass/inclinometer apps for smartphones, right?

I wouldn't mind a 2-door 4Runner, though it would be quite heavy (4600 lb).

[/QUOTE]

Dude you meant to post this on WTF haha. That thing looks like an off road smart car.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:59 PM   #86
Banned
DdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Crazy
DdayIsNear's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaChris View Post
Well after roughly ten days with the FJ.......I love it. It's different but I've been extremely happy with it thus far
I know I will love ours if we wanted practicality we would have gotten a corolla
Old 03-01-2013, 08:14 PM   #87
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Dude you meant to post this on WTF haha. That thing looks like an off road smart car.
Think of it as a refined 2-dr Wrangler with good visibility. How it ends up being almost 600 lb heavier than a Taco, I don't know.
Old 03-02-2013, 06:40 AM   #88
Enzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to behold

Name: Opie
Enzo's Tacoma Gallery
I traded in a brand new fully loaded Tacoma for an FJ this past January. I miss the taco but love my FJ. It's different for sure. And that "off road smart car" is a 2 door Toyota Prado. I would kill for one of those. They share the same platform as the FJ and 4runner.
Old 03-03-2013, 03:52 PM   #89
Crosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FMF Corpsman
Crosis's Tacoma Gallery
The 4Runner stopped being an off-road vehicle years ago. Its nothing more than a station wagon now. Good riddance.
Old 03-03-2013, 04:05 PM   #90
dismember
Supertramp has a spectacular aura aboutSupertramp has a spectacular aura aboutSupertramp has a spectacular aura about

Supertramp's Tacoma Gallery
Saw this on CL today, pretty good deal if anyone is looking.

(not mine)

http://asheville.craigslist.org/cto/3626983491.html
Old 03-03-2013, 04:15 PM   #91
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosis View Post
The 4Runner stopped being an off-road vehicle years ago. Its nothing more than a station wagon now. Good riddance.
It's still a full frame truck, so even though it's more of a cushy "soccer mom" vehicle, it's NOT a Rav4/Highlander and with the proper mods, is more than capable off road (if a bit heavy).

I agree though... it's been taken to the point that it's really too "nice" to beat up off road, and it's price reflects that. It's not that it isn't an off-road vehicle, it is simply not practical anymore.
Old 03-03-2013, 04:50 PM   #92
NW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
No. You are wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iODiwajTRBI

On stock trail suspension, drivetrain, engine, tranny, etc:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50wbRveoKwk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDzk6rbD1ok
Old 03-03-2013, 05:26 PM   #93
dismember
Supertramp has a spectacular aura aboutSupertramp has a spectacular aura aboutSupertramp has a spectacular aura about

Supertramp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I could make a yugo offroad worthy if I made that many mods to it. They basically gutted the 4Runner and rebuilt it from the ground up.

I've owned several 4Runners, and anything 2003+ is just a station wagon without heavy mods.
Old 03-03-2013, 05:43 PM   #94
Kosmo will become famous soon enough
Name: Andy
Kosmo's Tacoma Gallery
I'm a former FJC owner. I built my '08 to play out West. The FJ is a very capable offroad machine and I miss mine dearly. If it's your DD and you're not planning on wheeling it, it may disappoint. It's got a blind spot that only a suburban can compete with. Trust me, I had to trade the FJ for a burban. I LOVED my FJ and someday, I'll have an old FJ40 as a toy. The FJ is a very solidly built "small" 4runner. I never had any trouble with it except the gas mileage. Mine was toytec/icon lifted 3" with 33" BFG rock tires. The intake was AFE and the exhaust was Magnaflow. My right foot was very heavy and that little truck could fly. I miss it. Tuesday, I'll be trading the suburban for a DC LB TRD. I can't wait but if I could go back to the FJ I would do it in a heartbeat.

In short, you'll be better offroad and in "performance" in an FJC than a Taco but I have always loved the little truck.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:14 PM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertramp View Post
I could make a yugo offroad worthy if I made that many mods to it. They basically gutted the 4Runner and rebuilt it from the ground up.

I've owned several 4Runners, and anything 2003+ is just a station wagon without heavy mods.
No they didn't. Did you watch the video?They gutted the inside and but chromoly tubing for protection. The rest is stock t4r trail.

Again. You are wrong. And likely jelly.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:58 PM   #96

Well I guess your right about the yugo...
Attached Thumbnails
Thinking about selling my Tacoma & buying a FJ-yugo-45-05.jpg  
Old 03-05-2013, 08:46 PM   #97
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Um, take a look at the latest TE's. Just saying
Old 03-05-2013, 08:50 PM   #98
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Seen a cement gray colored fj last weekend . It's eh... Looks like primer .
Old 03-06-2013, 06:01 AM   #99
TexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
TexAggie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertramp View Post

Huh? What are you talking about? You could make a case for the new explore and pathfinder, but the 4runners are in no way a station wagon. Well I take that back they do come with a third row seat now.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:09 AM   #100
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well I guess your right about the yugo...
I'd rock it