LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > FJ Cruisers

Notices

Thinking about selling my Tacoma & buying a FJ

Old 03-06-2013, 06:11 AM   #101
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Someone posted this on FB the other day. My main qualm with the new runners is the SIZE. If they remade a first gen runner with all the modern tech I'd buy it.
Attached Thumbnails
Thinking about selling my Tacoma & buying a FJ-4runners.jpg  
Old 03-06-2013, 08:31 AM   #102
Denteen is on a distinguished road
Army:
Denteen's Tacoma Gallery
I have both, both 4WD. The FJ with Toytec lift is a very nice runner. Way sexier with bumper bling etc, and I would guess more effective in Moderate off roading. My Taco 4x4 base 4Dr couldnt make it up a snowy driveway theother day! Pathetic. I was embarrassed! My FJ would have had no issues, but it does have the full suite of OR goodies. I have 6spd TRD FJ, but think the Auto may get slightly better MPG? Dont know if one mpg matters...I dont care what others say, that new 4Runner with a 2" lift is sexy!!! I'm not hard core, dirt, no rocks, so whatever you want makes sense
Old 03-06-2013, 08:44 AM   #103
NW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NW4RUNNER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexAggie View Post
Huh? What are you talking about? You could make a case for the new explore and pathfinder, but the 4runners are in no way a station wagon. Well I take that back they do come with a third row seat now.
The trails don't.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:01 PM   #104
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
Someone posted this on FB the other day. My main qualm with the new runners is the SIZE. If they remade a first gen runner with all the modern tech I'd buy it.
I agree.

Like the Tundra and Sequoia, it is beginning to outgrow it's utility.
The 1st Gen Tundra and Sequoia were awesome vehicles.
Now the Taco is approaching the Tundra in size, but not quite there, so rear seat passengers are cramped... and the new 'Runner seems to have already matched the old Sequoia.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:27 PM   #105
Banned
DdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Crazy
DdayIsNear's Tacoma Gallery
Old 03-08-2013, 09:08 PM   #106
NW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DdayIsNear View Post
Looking good man.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:10 PM   #107
mechanically retarded
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
The size of just about all new cars bugs me quite a bit.

Some snobby sorority girl just got a brand new Subaru impreza in my apartment complex and that thing might as well be called a mini-minivan.

I believe with america getting fatter the auto industry has to build cars to match or else people will complain, saying they feel like a pig in a bucket.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:13 PM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamSarcasm View Post
The size of just about all new cars bugs me quite a bit.

Some snobby sorority girl just got a brand new Subaru impreza in my apartment complex and that thing might as well be called a mini-minivan.

I believe with america getting fatter the auto industry has to build cars to match or else people will complain, saying they feel like a pig in a bucket.

yeah and I feel like they try to keep up with whats in vogue. If its trendy to make it bigger we better do the same or we will fall behind. That being said, I like that the new 4 runners are bigger. I pull both trucks into the garage at night and the runner is actually quite a bit shorter than my 1st gen tacoma but its pretty tall.
Old 03-09-2013, 05:00 AM   #109
Banned
DdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4RUNNER View Post
Looking good man.
Thanks!
Old 03-25-2013, 12:39 PM   #110
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08SoufJerz View Post
im thinking about getting a FJ. i found a '11 TT about 2 hrs from me. im tired to my tacoma. i used to love driving stick.. getting really sick of it. plus i dont really need a truck anymore. i use my trailer for everything now. im not concerned on gas mileage due to being 10 mins from our shop. im a foreman so i never have to drive to our work sites
Do it, so far me n wifey love our 2013 fj. Great truck to drive IMO
Old 04-13-2013, 03:03 PM   #111
ratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ratrod's Tacoma Gallery
I've been leaning towards a fj only because I have 2 small kids and sometimes want the backspace more than a bed. I think my dc may be slightly roomier in back seat. I don't like the fact about the cheap interior, my kids will shred that in no time! I may also have to fix the 2 dents in my roof after hitting a low lying tree with my rack to increase trade in value hahaha!
Old 05-23-2013, 05:32 AM   #112
ShortBedTX is on a distinguished road
ShortBedTX's Tacoma Gallery
i traded my honda element after putting 250K miles on it and got a taco, loving it. I miss the suv qualities, so I got my eye on the FJ. ill just have to subliminally implant the idea into my wife's head that she wants one!
Old 05-23-2013, 12:40 PM   #113
virginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Retired SNCO
virginiamarine's Tacoma Gallery
I've owned all three (Taco/4 Runner/now FJ) and I have to say I'll keep the FJ whereas the others I passed on to family. It's niche and unique. Someone stated the FJ having the "death wobble," which I find absurd....they must be reading the jeep forums again. There is no death wobble on FJs helloooo!!! Mine is a DD and it rocks on acceleration and meaneauverability. Yeah it has it's issues with blind spots, but that's what mirrors are for. There also is this thing called a "LighNSight" that allows you to see things above the roof line no matter how close you are to a for instance stop light above the roof line. As far a MPGs go...my 94 taco got far less then my FJ. But even with mods, wheels, weight added on...I'm still getting 18 mpgs. That's not bad considering (admittedly my heavy foot takes away from that frequently too though). lol. It's great on the highways in comfort and great off road. Do I miss a pick up bed....sure I do.....but these are tradeoffs we all make. My plan is to have one of each one day, so there won't be any fighting. Bottom line is....it's better than having a chrysler!
Old 05-24-2013, 07:11 AM   #114
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamarine View Post
I've owned all three (Taco/4 Runner/now FJ) and I have to say I'll keep the FJ whereas the others I passed on to family. It's niche and unique. Someone stated the FJ having the "death wobble," which I find absurd....they must be reading the jeep forums again. There is no death wobble on FJs helloooo!!! Mine is a DD and it rocks on acceleration and meaneauverability. Yeah it has it's issues with blind spots, but that's what mirrors are for. There also is this thing called a "LighNSight" that allows you to see things above the roof line no matter how close you are to a for instance stop light above the roof line. As far a MPGs go...my 94 taco got far less then my FJ. But even with mods, wheels, weight added on...I'm still getting 18 mpgs. That's not bad considering (admittedly my heavy foot takes away from that frequently too though). lol. It's great on the highways in comfort and great off road. Do I miss a pick up bed....sure I do.....but these are tradeoffs we all make. My plan is to have one of each one day, so there won't be any fighting. Bottom line is....it's better than having a chrysler!

Almost there..traded in 07 taco for 13 taco and wifey traded in her 06 escape for 13 tte fj. 2/3 ain't bad

Fj seems like a solid vehicle so far with about 3800 miles. Def no death wobble and the mirrors make up for the blind spot. Maybe ifu suck at driving the blind spot can be a problem, but if my 5'0 tall woman can do it, then those who complain are just bitches it's a great ride. Only thing I would change so far is orange lighted radio
Old 05-26-2013, 11:30 AM   #115
snoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shed

snoope's Tacoma Gallery
We just drove a '13 FJ and WOW....Wife instantly fell in love with it..

Good thing for me is a "FEW FJ" owners have already solved the "Spare parts" scenario ( Toy-Tec & a few here) with wooden boxes equipped with slide-out draws........My off-road goodies need a "home" also...

Grandson had NO problems with the suicide doors or buckling in and I enjoyed driving it...

Now to decide between finding a great used one or "bite" the bullet for payments...
Old 05-26-2013, 11:37 AM   #116
Banned
Good choice man, ull love it
Old 05-27-2013, 09:06 AM   #117
Limited
lucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lucky73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoope View Post
We just drove a '13 FJ and WOW....Wife instantly fell in love with it..
Good thing for me is a "FEW FJ" owners have already solved the "Spare parts" scenario ( Toy-Tec & a few here) with wooden boxes equipped with slide-out draws........My off-road goodies need a "home" also...
Grandson had NO problems with the suicide doors or buckling in and I enjoyed driving it...
Now to decide between finding a great used one or "bite" the bullet for payments...
I bought a used one, low miles, and don't regret it. Keep an eye out for low miles per tank due to bad thermostats
Old 05-27-2013, 09:30 AM   #118
Old Fart
Rival14 has a spectacular aura aboutRival14 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Dave, The Lip Ripper Extraordinaire
Rival14's Tacoma Gallery
I did the opposite and went from my FJ to my now Taco. Not because I didnt love my FJ because it was time for something new. The FJ rolled over to 100K and I I got a killer trade on it so I went with it.

I miss my FJ and purposely traded it out of town so I would never see it in my parts again and think, wow why did i ever get rid of it?

Im happy with my taco and now that its all built even more so...but I miss my FJ and of all the cars I have owned, from Audi S4's to Boss 302's it was my all time favorite.
Old 05-27-2013, 01:52 PM   #119
snoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shed

snoope's Tacoma Gallery
That will be the "Deal killer" for me......

I have had this '02 since NEW,rolled my lease into a purchase and TOYOTA has been very good to me with all of the re-calls being on THEM ...

Local dealers only have 4 in NH and only one has what we need/want ( they are pricing a roof rack ).....BUT at $30G+ is NEW really worth it ???

We have found a FEW used with our "specs" and have those dealers trying to earn our business....BUT my 11 year old has been real good to me so BS will get them no where..

We like the FJ but will not suffer to purchase one
Old 06-10-2013, 06:29 PM   #120
haddix will become famous soon enoughhaddix will become famous soon enough

haddix's Tacoma Gallery
Thought about trading my 07 FJ for a 2nd gen tacoma.
My fj is 4x4 rear locker, atrac, Old Man Emu lift, 255/85km2,sliders 127k miles 2nd owner clean, clear title.