Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > FJ Cruisers

Notices

Thinking about selling my Tacoma & buying a FJ

Old 06-10-2013, 06:44 PM   #121
Yota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of light

Yota1's Tacoma Gallery
I love the fj. Wanted one so bad since they came out. Almost bought one 3 times now. Passed for different reasons each time.

I just picked up a double cab off road, came from an access cab. The suicide doors killed it for me this time. I hate those things with a passion now. And having two kids makes that hate turn to anger. I almost would prefer if the fj just was a 2 door, but a larger door, and good flip forward seats. The fj suicide doors are huge. I thought I had it hard with the tacoma in a parking lot trying to get the boys out, I cannot imagine what the fj is is like. Trying to navigate in a tight spot, and tuck one door in to open the other to let one pass and then open it to close the other, all with one hand holding a toy, juice, coffee, plus the dog.

In the end, the suicide doors killed it for me. My oldest son loved it the fj. But the double cab tacoma works better. Plus side is it has a better interior as well. The fj ride is great, I like the the feel, from the drivers seat it feels much larger than it is. Space is good, and feels like a real SUV, not some pansy awd SUV
Old 06-10-2013, 06:48 PM   #122
Hakuna Matata, bitches!
EVErsionDesigns has a spectacular aura aboutEVErsionDesigns has a spectacular aura about

Name: Trent
EVErsionDesigns's Tacoma Gallery
I would have gotten an FJ if I didn't rely on having the bed space
Old 06-12-2013, 07:31 AM   #123
2013 TT FJ
FJBRUZR is on a distinguished road
Name: Dave
FJBRUZR's Tacoma Gallery
Opinion on FJs

I haven't owned a Tacoma so my opinion is of limited value to your question but here it is for what it's worth. I have been driving 4WD trucks since I was 18 yrs old (won't say how long that is but it's a long time). I have had an F-100 (this was my only 2WD), a 1971 GMC Jimmy (the awesome 2-door with removable hardtop), a GMC Sierra 1500 Short-bed Step-side, and a Tahoe (2-Door). Today, I have an F-350 (Long-bed, Crew-cab, Dually, turbo-diesel, Tonka Conversion), and a 2013 Trail Teams FJ (see pics in Show us your FJ thread). The FJ is without a doubt, my favorite of all these vehicles I have owned. I agree with the other posts that recommended the Trail Teams Edition. Their are some really cool features included in that model and the solid color is a completely different look. I tend to buy trucks that I can make my own and stand out in a crowd. The FJ is a great platform to do that with the aftermarket parts available and the ride is outstanding.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:36 AM   #124
usafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to behold

Air Force: Weather Journeyman
Name: Zach
usafwx's Tacoma Gallery
They are officially being discontinued. Read here:

http://www.toyota-4runner.org/fj-cru...odel-year.html
Old 06-12-2013, 10:01 AM   #125
Banned
DdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Crazy
DdayIsNear's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by usafwx View Post
They are officially being discontinued. Read here:

http://www.toyota-4runner.org/fj-cru...odel-year.html
Buy now the resale will only go up!!
Old 06-28-2013, 12:04 PM   #126
Master Baiter
jethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Geoff
jethro's Tacoma Gallery
Yep, my time in the dealerships this week and two of them said the FJ is going the way of the Dodo bird.
Old 07-16-2013, 06:19 PM   #127
CantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FTR
CantSitStill's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jethro View Post
Yep, my time in the dealerships this week and two of them said the FJ is going the way of the Dodo bird.
That's how they sold me my Tacoma in March 2012 to trade my FJ "last year of the FJ and used values just spiked"
Granted, it was a good deal and I wanted a new vehicle, but it worked!!
Old 07-18-2013, 06:38 PM   #128
StickerHI.Com Dude
CBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Conor
CBoy808's Tacoma Gallery
I like the look, but not having a rear door would kill me. my kids get in and out of the car, and having to get out to let them out would suck.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:28 PM   #129
Banned
Tupper Ware is on a distinguished road
Tupper Ware's Tacoma Gallery
Ive owned numerous pick up trucks and ive owned an FJ cruiser.

I sold my 2008 Tacoma to buy a 2008 FJ but sold the FJ after a year to buy another Tacoma. The reason was because pickup trucks are just more utilitarian.

I surf, bike ride and kayak, among other things. There is nothing more convenient than just throwing what you have in the back of a truck and taking off. I couldn't do that with my FJ or it was harder with the FJ.

The FJ is a great vehicle and it drives great. Although I only went on moderate trails, its been proven to be a very capable off roader.

Right now I am driving a 2002 Tacoma and it just works out better for me. I don't have to hoist my kayak on top of the roof anymore. I can throw dead fish and dead animals in the bed of the truck and not work about smelling up the car.

My surfboards fit perfectly.

Plus, my current Tacoma gets better mpg than the FJ.
Old 07-30-2013, 03:34 PM   #130
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
I've owned 3 tacomas and 6 Toyota pick ups all together. I just picked up a07 fjc. I really like the truck but not sure if it's better than a taco.imore of a pick up guy.home depot runs,yard work,side work.i still have my dually for all that so its not an issue yet.i just picked up a 5x10 enclosed trailer to use with fjc. The blind spots on the fj are insane. I love the plastic floors since I'm a slob.the rear seats are small.great for kids but would suck for adults.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:43 PM   #131
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
I've owned 3 tacomas and 6 Toyota pick ups all together. I just picked up a07 fjc. I really like the truck but not sure if it's better than a taco.imore of a pick up guy.home depot runs,yard work,side work.i still have my dually for all that so its not an issue yet.i just picked up a 5x10 enclosed trailer to use with fjc. The blind spots on the fj are insane. I love the plastic floors since I'm a slob.the rear seats are small.great for kids but would suck for adults.
I just did the same, picked up an 07. The blind spots are really crazy. Now go read up on the diff. issues like I am so that I am not the only one who is panicked lol
Old 07-30-2013, 06:46 PM   #132
Brianz1001 is on a distinguished road
Name: Brian
Brianz1001's Tacoma Gallery
why? Trade your Tacoma for an FJ????
Old 07-30-2013, 09:09 PM   #133
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianz1001 View Post
why? Trade your Tacoma for an FJ????
Not sure if you're talking to me or the other guy. I have two tacomas, I still mt 2007 Tacoms plus the fj
Old 07-30-2013, 09:56 PM   #134
Toyoman65
Toyoman65 is on a distinguished road

Army: Mp
Name: Anthony
Toyoman65's Tacoma Gallery
The back seat is actually roomy my stepson and daughter fit in it quite comfortably and they are both teens and they never complained .
Old 08-07-2013, 05:34 AM   #135
virginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Retired SNCO
virginiamarine's Tacoma Gallery
I have had this vehicle since 08 and have almost 100k on it and I haven't had a single problem with it that I didn't cause myself and even then it was minor (like getting stuck in a huge mud hole). I really like the looks of it when modified....it's unique. I see jeep wranglers everywhere and it's so dime a dozen. The FJs though....you don't see too many built up.