Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > FJ Cruisers

Notices

Thinking about selling my Tacoma & buying a FJ

Old 02-09-2013, 04:03 PM   #1
TacomaChris has a spectacular aura aboutTacomaChris has a spectacular aura about

TacomaChris's Tacoma Gallery
Thinking about selling my Tacoma & buying a FJ

Thoughts?

I love my Tacoma...but I couldn't stop drooling over the FJs at the dealership today.
Old 02-09-2013, 04:08 PM   #2
Rand Paul 2016
Chad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Chad's Tacoma Gallery
I personally wouldn't sell my tacoma for an FJ unless it was the trail teams model. Give me the 2012 radiant red TT FJ and I'll trade the keys in a heartbeat lol.

Looking at your truck in your build, I would keep the truck regardless of the FJs you find.
Old 02-09-2013, 04:25 PM   #3
TacomaChris has a spectacular aura aboutTacomaChris has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
I personally wouldn't sell my tacoma for an FJ unless it was the trail teams model. Give me the 2012 radiant red TT FJ and I'll trade the keys in a heartbeat lol.

Looking at your truck in your build, I would keep the truck regardless of the FJs you find.
What is exactly is the Trail Teams model?

I know what your saying man...I wish I could have one of each and a llifted Tundra lol
Old 02-09-2013, 05:09 PM   #4
Rand Paul 2016
Chad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Chad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaChris View Post
What is exactly is the Trail Teams model?

I know what your saying man...I wish I could have one of each and a llifted Tundra lol
Trail teams is basically the off road version with all the bells and whistles. Here's a picture of the 2012 I was talking about:

Old 02-09-2013, 05:14 PM   #5
precoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: corey
precoma's Tacoma Gallery
Here is my girlfriends she just got

Old 02-09-2013, 05:15 PM   #6
Internet Winner
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
I love that color, makes my head turn every time
Old 02-09-2013, 05:35 PM   #7
The dog did it...I swear!
OffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: High Desert... land of junipers, sage brush, and lava rock
OffroadToy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamSarcasm View Post
I love that color, makes my head turn every time
Same here... that color sold me on the taco back in 07. I saw a radiant red lifted trail team fj at the dealership a few months back... really had to hold back the urge to bring it home that day.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:39 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by precoma View Post
Here is my girlfriends she just got

Nice...what size lift & tires?
Old 02-09-2013, 05:46 PM   #9
Matrix
12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
12Tac's Tacoma Gallery
Fjs are being discontinued...I think after 2013. Heard that through my dealer. That and the 4Runner.

12Tac
Old 02-09-2013, 05:48 PM   #10
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Since your not 4x4 I'd say go for it . Especially is you don't use the bed much . I'd also get the TT loaded .
Old 02-09-2013, 05:55 PM   #11
precoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: corey
precoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Nice...what size lift & tires?
6 in pro comp with 35 in toyos
Old 02-09-2013, 05:59 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12Tac View Post
Fjs are being discontinued...I think after 2013. Heard that through my dealer. That and the 4Runner.

12Tac
These rumors have been around year after year. From what I read, they will continue to make them as long there is demand...time will tell
Old 02-09-2013, 06:00 PM   #13
TexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
TexAggie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

12Tac
I highly doubt they discontinue the 4runner.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:01 PM   #14
Matrix
12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
12Tac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
These rumors have been around year after year. From what I read, they will continue to make them as long there is demand...time will tell
Agreed and I should probably stop spreading rumors here on the board. My bad. As you said time will tell.

12Tac
Old 02-09-2013, 06:06 PM   #15
VA6DCO
IgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
IgnorantlyAlberta's Tacoma Gallery
Dummy!

Jk go for it. Whats the worst that could happen? You dont like it, trade again.
Just remember you cant hang out here anymore.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:27 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by IgnorantlyAlberta View Post
Dummy!

Jk go for it. Whats the worst that could happen? You dont like it, trade again.
Just remember you cant hang out here anymore.
Yeah I know. I'm still kicking around the idea but it'd be hard to part with my truck...I love that thing.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:40 PM   #17
TJ'sTOYCOMA
tmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: T-Rey
tmreyes1's Tacoma Gallery
Had a 2010 FJ. Loved it but needed more room and a truck
Old 02-09-2013, 06:46 PM   #18
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
FJ sales have been slow for years, so I would believe that.

4-Runner? Dealer is FOS. There's no way they are killing the 'Runner without a replacement in the wings. Sequoia is too big, Highlander and Rav4 don't have frames.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:29 PM   #19
haddix will become famous soon enoughhaddix will become famous soon enough

haddix's Tacoma Gallery
Just traded my Tacoma for an FJ and have been loving every minute. I'd say go for it. Test drive one and see what you think about it. No harm in that.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:10 PM   #20
Limited
lucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lucky73's Tacoma Gallery
I have both and the FJ is on a whole different level (quality) than the tacoma - and it is made in JAPAN