Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > FJ Cruisers

Notices

Visibility

Old 04-09-2013, 06:29 PM   #1
BEsnook is on a distinguished road
BEsnook's Tacoma Gallery
Visibility

Is the visibility out of an FJ really as bad as people say that it is?
Old 04-09-2013, 11:08 PM   #2
jluu44 is a glorious beacon of lightjluu44 is a glorious beacon of lightjluu44 is a glorious beacon of lightjluu44 is a glorious beacon of lightjluu44 is a glorious beacon of lightjluu44 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Jon
jluu44's Tacoma Gallery
Yes.. but you get used to it and live with it.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:17 PM   #3
BEsnook is on a distinguished road
BEsnook's Tacoma Gallery
If I am 6'2" would it constantly bother me though? Or does it just exist there and isn't that relevant?
Old 04-10-2013, 05:18 PM   #4
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluu44 View Post
Sorta like going partially blind
Old 04-10-2013, 05:27 PM   #5
Swerve for nothing
saundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
saundern's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluu44 View Post
x2
being a valet, it gets tough sometimes. especially when you can't move the mirrors. just make sure of the objects around you BEFORE doing anything drastic
Old 04-10-2013, 05:40 PM   #6
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEsnook View Post
If I am 6'2" would it constantly bother me though? Or does it just exist there and isn't that relevant?

Very easy to drive. Get some convex mirrors.
Old 04-13-2013, 03:36 AM   #7
Crosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FMF Corpsman
Crosis's Tacoma Gallery
The secret to FJ driving is remembering we all have necks that pivot and we can bend at the waist. Use those gifts when driving instead of just using mirrors and there is no issue. Also0 toss a few of the little round mirrors on your side mirrors and there will be no blind spots.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:27 AM   #8
jluu44 is a glorious beacon of lightjluu44 is a glorious beacon of lightjluu44 is a glorious beacon of lightjluu44 is a glorious beacon of lightjluu44 is a glorious beacon of lightjluu44 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Jon
jluu44's Tacoma Gallery
Yup, the convex mirrors are your best friend. I've never had a problem not seeing a car or someone. The limited visibility just makes you extra careful when driving.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:20 PM   #9
10851 is one of the sharper tools in the shed10851 is one of the sharper tools in the shed10851 is one of the sharper tools in the shed10851 is one of the sharper tools in the shed10851 is one of the sharper tools in the shed10851 is one of the sharper tools in the shed10851 is one of the sharper tools in the shed10851 is one of the sharper tools in the shed10851 is one of the sharper tools in the shed10851 is one of the sharper tools in the shed10851 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ron
10851's Tacoma Gallery
I am 6'4 - 230lbs. I have no problems with visibility. After my wife showed me how to raise the rear view mirror out of my line of site... the visibility was even better... She read the Owner’s manual... imagine that... IMHO the FJ is no worse than a pickup with a camper on it... Go test drive one…. Good Luck!!
Old 04-18-2013, 06:23 PM   #10
haddix will become famous soon enoughhaddix will become famous soon enough

haddix's Tacoma Gallery
I agree with above. The view is about the same as my dcab Tacoma with softopper. It here is a blind spot but it's not terrible. Just look over your shoulder and you are good. I Love my fj.
Old 04-19-2013, 05:48 PM   #11
XxBlackout is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxBlackout is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxBlackout is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxBlackout is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxBlackout is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxBlackout is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxBlackout is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxBlackout is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxBlackout is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxBlackout is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxBlackout is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
XxBlackout's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEsnook View Post
6'3" bro checking in.

The FJ isn't anymore difficult to drive than any other vehicle... Just adjust your mirrors properly and there wont be an issue.

/thread
Old 04-21-2013, 01:51 PM   #12
cerutti is on a distinguished road
Name: mike
cerutti's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosis View Post
The secret to FJ driving is remembering we all have necks that pivot and we can bend at the waist. Use those gifts when driving instead of just using mirrors and there is no issue. Also0 toss a few of the little round mirrors on your side mirrors and there will be no blind spots.
nailed it