Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > FJ Cruisers

Notices

why is it being discontinued?

Old 11-05-2013, 03:07 PM   #1
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
why is it being discontinued?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...imate/3444567/
Old 11-05-2013, 03:09 PM   #2
Miley loves you
302 is one of the sharper tools in the shed302 is one of the sharper tools in the shed302 is one of the sharper tools in the shed302 is one of the sharper tools in the shed302 is one of the sharper tools in the shed302 is one of the sharper tools in the shed302 is one of the sharper tools in the shed302 is one of the sharper tools in the shed302 is one of the sharper tools in the shed302 is one of the sharper tools in the shed302 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

302's Tacoma Gallery
Not selling enough units

Old 11-05-2013, 03:21 PM   #3
Fuera culeros..
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
so that new "Trail Teams Ultimate Edition Cruiser" is pretty much the FJ with the Baja Bilstein Suspension? thats what im getting out of this lol
Old 11-05-2013, 03:25 PM   #4
Skrain is on a distinguished road

Navy: B.T.3 U.S.S. Meredith DD890
Skrain's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota never planned to make the FJ for more then 5 or 6 years when it was re-introduced.
They knew it was going to be a limited run vehicle.
Old 11-05-2013, 03:26 PM   #5
The Blue Warrior
ToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shay
ToyotaKTMracing's Tacoma Gallery
I never got to drive one or anything, but I like the FJs. I really want an older FJ. Might be in my future for a toy vehicle.
Old 11-05-2013, 04:25 PM   #6
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Photo of the rear shocks. Haven't seen the front shocks yet.

Ever seen a sad booth model?

Old 11-05-2013, 04:43 PM   #7
Señor Member
DriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DriverSound's Tacoma Gallery
I think the FJ has been "discontinued" since 2009. It's weird that for something that does not sell enough units, I read somewhere that it has the most resale out of all the Toyota's.
Old 11-06-2013, 03:53 AM   #8
virginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Retired SNCO
virginiamarine's Tacoma Gallery
Where did the photo of the rear shock come from? Interesting if they're going with a piggy back system.
It holds it's value over other "like" vehicles and I'm guessing would increase with the end of the production. As stated....this was only a niche market, but they're making they're way into australia pretty well from what I understand.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:49 AM   #9
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
^Click on the rear shock photo to see the full-size version - it's from Toyota's pressroom site. I'd expect the front and rear shocks to be similar to what's offered on the Taco TX Baja package, for simple economy reasons. Not sure if there's any revalving to account for the FJ's shorter wheelbase (which increases the pitch forces on the suspension).
Old 12-27-2013, 01:32 AM   #10
No Mod McFly is on a distinguished road

No Mod McFly's Tacoma Gallery
It had a good run but its not selling enough to hold Toyota back with CARB rules. That and too many people complain how spartan it is which is exactly why its so great.

Im actually glad I own both since they are both great rigs. Just seeing what can be done with taco's is making me want to break a promise to my wife.... (no modding McFly)
Old 12-28-2013, 03:27 AM   #11
Skrain is on a distinguished road

Navy: B.T.3 U.S.S. Meredith DD890
Skrain's Tacoma Gallery
I was told by several Toyota dealers that Toyota never planned to sell the FJ past the 2014 model year when they brought it out in the first place.
Supposedly it was a limited run vehicle from the git-go!
Old 12-28-2013, 11:54 AM   #12

Makes sense- rather than try to run the "retro" into the ground- they leave on a high note. They are getting harder to find and yet I still trash mine
Old 12-29-2013, 02:38 PM   #13
snoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shed

snoope's Tacoma Gallery
http://gearheads.org/the-2015-ford-bronco/

With this even hitting the internet you know dam well TOYOTA will have something else in their "pipeline/design studio".....

FJ Cruiser owners stay strong...4-Runners have their NICHE but you folks "think" outside that box..
Old 12-29-2013, 07:05 PM   #14

Thats actually been a concept since 2004. Never built though. I think it would have rocked.
Old 12-29-2013, 07:10 PM   #15
No amount of balls on earth can hit you.
Rupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rupp1's Tacoma Gallery
I have driven a few, and almost bought one. They are nice, but I was looking for some more seat comfort as it would have been a DD. For the younger of you, it probably would have been fine.

I don't think the booth model is crying for the end of the FJ, but rather the color of that one...
Old 12-29-2013, 11:47 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupp1 View Post
I have driven a few, and almost bought one. They are nice, but I was looking for some more seat comfort as it would have been a DD. For the younger of you, it probably would have been fine.

I don't think the booth model is crying for the end of the FJ, but rather the color of that one...
I agree! We as a group could have thought of a better color to send it off with
Old 01-12-2014, 04:35 PM   #17
The Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Woodsman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
The Woodsman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
Ever seen a sad booth model?

Looks to me like she is pointing to a big bump on her forehead. Then again, maybe she is scrunching up here forehead. I think it's a bump and she wants a little something to make it feel better.
Old 01-12-2014, 04:36 PM   #18
dsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: DSJ
dsjones5's Tacoma Gallery
because...... jeep

Old 01-12-2014, 04:42 PM   #19
bzzr2 is a jewel in the roughbzzr2 is a jewel in the roughbzzr2 is a jewel in the rough
bzzr2's Tacoma Gallery
because toyota was too stupid to put a solid front axle on it, had they these would be eating a piece of the heep market place.