Notices

banging rear end

Old 12-11-2013, 05:47 PM   #1
strtglde11 is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement:
strtglde11's Tacoma Gallery
banging rear end

Ok guys,
Another question for the experts so I come here with my problems. Loud banging in rear end while moving forward at any speed. It bangs every 25 ft or so. Any real ideas before the cruiser goes under the wrench for exploratory surgery?
Old 12-11-2013, 05:49 PM   #2
Boone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Thought this might be a more graphic thread. Alas, I have nothing to contribute.
Old 12-11-2013, 05:51 PM   #3
Boone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone Taco's Tacoma Gallery
U joints, carrier bearing, slip-joint, lug nuts. All tight?
Old 12-11-2013, 05:51 PM   #4
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Somebody say....This is clearly not what I thought it was.
Old 12-11-2013, 05:51 PM   #5
The Sailing Memebr
anders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
anders99's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boone Taco View Post
Thought this might be a more graphic thread. Alas, I have nothing to contribute.
Yeah, I was thinking the same as this guy ^^
Old 12-11-2013, 06:02 PM   #6
b.prall is on a distinguished road
Name: Brian
b.prall's Tacoma Gallery
There's a TSB for the fj cruser
T-SB-0046-12
Old 12-12-2013, 04:13 AM   #7
virginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Retired SNCO
virginiamarine's Tacoma Gallery
You guys had my laughing in tears this morning! I wasn't thinking that when I read the title until you were looking for graphics!!

As far as the banging noise....from the rear end.....a couple of questions:
does it occur during acceleration? or maybe when you come to a stop
does it occur when you hit a bump?
does it sounds hollow?
does it sound like it happens below the vehicle on along the body?
Do you have a lift? What is your current setup?
Do you have a rear skid plate (behind the axle)?
Tow hitch?
anything you can tell us to understand how everything is and what might be causing the problem like mileage, etc.