Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > FJ Cruisers

Notices

NEED LOWER SWITCH PANEL

Old 12-29-2013, 11:32 PM   #1
yarro is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarro is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarro is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarro is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarro is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarro is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarro is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarro is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarro is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarro is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarro is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yarro's Tacoma Gallery
NEED LOWER SWITCH PANEL

Hey guys, Im in need of this panel pictured below, anyone have an extra after doing mods or know a place I can order one besides the dealership? IVE LOOKED EVERY WHERE!! don't know where else to find it besides looking at a junkyard or something. this is the 8 switch bezel that is in the FJs lower middle assembly. Part number 55407-35090. please send a PM If you can help in any way

Thank You
Attached Thumbnails
NEED LOWER SWITCH PANEL-dsc01260.jpg  
Old 12-29-2013, 11:36 PM   #2
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Dude your best bet is only dealer that's the problem with these random parts I've tried as well lol
Old 12-29-2013, 11:51 PM   #4
Out fer a Rip eh Bud
VanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: DJ
VanCity4x's Tacoma Gallery
Try Gundies auto wrecking, got a fair bit of 2nd gen stuff from there Bellingham yard, they have one around Seattle too.

If not check on Hollander parts, its a wrecker inventory site. Look up a couple local fj's and call them to see if they have the part
Old 12-29-2013, 11:58 PM   #5
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12TRDTacoma View Post
Where does that panel of awesomeness attach to?
Doesn't really just "attach"

People have cut out that small cup holder between the shifter and center console and cut the part with just the switches, glassed it in and had a new switch panel below
Old 12-30-2013, 12:00 AM   #6
Mid Traveling
12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: MP
Name: Roberto
12TRDTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerez View Post

People have cut out that small cup holder between the shifter and center console and cut the part with just the switches, glassed it in and had a new switch panel below
That's awesome. It might not be that hard to do either. Then again. I might just end up doing the overhead switch console that one of the members did to his. He did a very clean and simple job on converting it!
Old 12-30-2013, 11:06 AM   #7
yarro is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarro is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarro is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarro is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarro is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarro is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarro is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarro is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarro is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarro is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarro is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yarro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanCity4x View Post
Try Gundies auto wrecking, got a fair bit of 2nd gen stuff from there Bellingham yard, they have one around Seattle too.

If not check on Hollander parts, its a wrecker inventory site. Look up a couple local fj's and call them to see if they have the part
Thank you, ill give those a try.. My local dealer wants $140
Old 12-30-2013, 11:07 AM   #8

yarro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerez View Post

Thats exactly what im going to be using it for, but i want to keep the cup holder and only do 4 switches.
Old 12-30-2013, 01:27 PM   #10
SoCal Tacomas

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarro View Post
You guys know what this part would be called correctly? cause when im describing it to them they are a little confused when I call it the 8 switch bezel panel, and or give them a part # 55407-35090-bo
easiest way would be the switch insert panel under the a/c controls imo
Old 12-30-2013, 03:03 PM   #11

yarro's Tacoma Gallery
So heres a list of places ive called so far and what they have told me..
Nix 99 Auto wrecking - NO
B & R Auto wrecking- NO
Gundies Auto wrecking- NO
Best Auto Parts- NO
Local Dealer - $136 + tax
Midatlantictoyotaparts.com - $133 W/shipping and tax
Ebay -116.84 + FREE shipping
Got it for $114 W/ shipping and tax from Toyotapartszone.com

arghhhhh i still have to checkl out Hollander Parts. i might have to wait a while and just keep calling these Auto wrecking places.. idk if i have the patience for it lol.. might just have to pay the $135.. thats way over priced for that piece though.....

I know i can get switches and panels for way cheaper from http://www.otrattw.com/
or http://www.carlingtech.com/switches but i want to keep the OEM look SOOO BAD
Old 01-21-2014, 05:14 PM   #12

yarro's Tacoma Gallery
Got it for $114 shipped and taxed from Toyotapartszone.com
lowest $ you can find unless you want to wait and look around and call everyday to diffrent auto wrecking places. im all done with the project, take a look at my write up that is in process @ the link below

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...l-project.html
Old 01-22-2014, 09:07 PM   #13
I am the one who knocks
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Ohhhh those are the switches that are to the left of the steering wheel of the tacoma?

Hmmmm I need a switch panel. that fits those.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:25 AM   #14

yarro's Tacoma Gallery
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
Ohhhh those are the switches that are to the left of the steering wheel of the tacoma?

Hmmmm I need a switch panel. that fits those.
Yep yep, i completed the mod ans have the other side of the panel i didnt use up for sale. The panel fits OEM switches that are on the left side of the sterring wheel

Pm if intrested, pic is at the link i included above