Notices

help please FJ

Old 03-11-2014, 07:29 PM   #1
Stlhorsecowboy66 is on a distinguished road
Navy: EN1 engineman
Name: Kevin
Stlhorsecowboy66's Tacoma Gallery
help please FJ

help guys I bought my wife an FJ TRD SE and recently found a to good to be true deal on an ARB bumper. i believe that it is missing some of the mounting hardware. Im wondering if there is a local FJ in northern colorado with an ARB that i could inspect. So i can get the brackets ordered. I know that my wife's FJ will never see a trail but its what she wants. Thanks guys.
Old 03-12-2014, 01:12 AM   #2
amain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
amain's Tacoma Gallery
Here is the installation instructions. You can call ARB for part number help and then order from a dealer. I used 4wheel parts for ARB stuff.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf FJ CRUISER ARB Install.pdf (1.41 MB, 70 views)
Old 03-13-2014, 07:26 PM   #3
Stlhorsecowboy66 is on a distinguished road
Navy: EN1 engineman
Name: Kevin
Stlhorsecowboy66's Tacoma Gallery
Cool ARB bumper

thank you that helped a lot. i have a 4wheelparts here in Denver, i also have Toytec. Now i need to start pricing the parts. again thanks, i only paid a $100 for bumper and the rear bracket.
Old 04-26-2014, 04:06 PM   #4
PCH FJ is on a distinguished road
PCH FJ's Tacoma Gallery
Hi,

I wanted to install the ARB bumper but I read that it's too heavy and can damage the body of the FJ. Read this thread on the "inner fender tear/bulge" before you install that bad boy.

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...-cracking.html

Here's a link on how to reinforce that part of the body on an FJ. A French guy did this to his Prado which is the same structure as the FJ.

http://jbl33.com/prepa_kdj120/renfort_ailes/index.html

You might join the FJ Cruiser Forum, they've been really great and helpful on my FJ.
Old 04-28-2014, 06:36 AM   #5
virginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Retired SNCO
virginiamarine's Tacoma Gallery
I don't see how a bumper that is mounted on the frame has anything to do with the body panel/fender. I also have a X1 Diamond bumper with Winch and don't have any tears (08 model). I also do moderate off roading.
Old 05-15-2014, 01:34 PM   #6
tacomarch is on a distinguished road
tacomarch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamarine View Post
I don't see how a bumper that is mounted on the frame has anything to do with the body panel/fender. I also have a X1 Diamond bumper with Winch and don't have any tears (08 model). I also do moderate off roading.
I agree. I have Expedition One on my 07 no tears. They are bolted to the frame not the body. But ARBs really are heavy bad boys. Looks good though.