Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > FJ Cruisers

Notices

Stillfly's build

Old 12-28-2009, 02:30 PM   #21
2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of

2009Silver's Tacoma Gallery
God I love those wheels....
Old 12-28-2009, 03:18 PM   #22
( . )( . )
Stillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: J.D.
Stillfly199's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2009Silver View Post
God I love those wheels....
Thanks, I like them too, I have put some scratches in them , Kinda wish they were teflon
Old 01-11-2010, 02:34 PM   #23
( . )( . )
Stillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Just ordered OME for the front to get rid of my spacer lift. It will be getting swapped out for AP LT down the road.
Old 01-24-2010, 08:46 PM   #24
( . )( . )
Law Enforcement:
So I got the OME 885's, but since I have gotten them I have been thinking about getting a front bumper and winch. I was looking at the CBI front bumper, but it is a 12 week wait, and I dont know if I will be able to work on my truck then. So since I am going AP LT down the road I am thinking about getting the AP front bumper and a smittybuilt XRC-10 winch. I am also thinking about buying the used TC uca's a fellow member is selling. Also I will be sending the 885's back for the 886's
Old 01-24-2010, 08:54 PM   #25
Screw your MPG's
jacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
jacob_wood's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jacob_wood
Looks good man I hope you got those sliders on or at least painted.
Old 01-24-2010, 11:08 PM   #26
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I could probably do a custom bumper for ya if you're interested. Im only about a 3hr drive.
Old 01-24-2010, 11:13 PM   #27
Oh gravity, thou art a heartless bitch!
AvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
AvsFanTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Spinners eh? Should have kept those for the new truck...

But the new one looks good. The winch will be a nice addition. I'd like to have one of those one day.
Old 01-24-2010, 11:42 PM   #28
( . )( . )
Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob_wood View Post
Looks good man I hope you got those sliders on or at least painted.
Thanks. I at least got them painted. Well one coat. The weather has turned way too shitty. I noticed a few missed spots. I need to just try to get them welded on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
I could probably do a custom bumper for ya if you're interested. Im only about a 3hr drive.
Im listening Do something like the AP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowham View Post
Spinners eh? Should have kept those for the new truck...

But the new one looks good. The winch will be a nice addition. I'd like to have one of those one day.
Ha, I actually still have them in a box somewhere. Well 3 of them, we broke one . Ya they seem to have some good prices at 4 wheel parts.
Old 01-24-2010, 11:46 PM   #29
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillfly199 View Post
Im listening Do something like the AP?
Sure, and to your specs- metal thicknesses/type (steel or aluminum), overall appearance of the bumper, and locations of things like the shackle mounts, fog light recesses, etc.
Old 01-24-2010, 11:49 PM   #30
( . )( . )
Law Enforcement:
Ok Im interested. I dont know shit about metal, but something sturdy. I like the looks of the AP bumper. Just wish it was stronger and of course a winch mount. Fog lights.
Old 01-24-2010, 11:57 PM   #31

Quote:
Ok Im interested. I dont know shit about metal, but something sturdy. I like the looks of the AP bumper. Just wish it was stronger and of course a winch mount. Fog lights.
Alright, I think I can do that... Some 3/16" steel should be plenty strong (AP uses 1/8"). Winch mount is a no-brainer. Do you want any tube on top? that could be the only setback... I still need to buy a tube bender. Actually, I could probably afford it from building this for ya so if you want some tube it'd probably work out.
Old 01-24-2010, 11:58 PM   #32
( . )( . )
Law Enforcement:
Kinda wanting it with just the bumper, I think it will look funny with the light guards on with the LT kit. Have you seen the CBI bumper?
Old 01-25-2010, 12:01 AM   #33

Quote:
Kinda wanting it with just the bumper, I think it will look funny with the light guards on with the LT kit. Have you seen the CBI bumper?
Alright, even better for me then as I wouldnt have to worry about getting the bender beforehand, and a little cheaper for you too. Yeah, I saw the new CBI bumper mr.trd posted.... you thinking of some sort of a hybrid between that and All Pro's?
Old 01-25-2010, 12:05 AM   #34
( . )( . )
Law Enforcement:
Ya. I have been going back and forth between those two. I mainly like the originality of the CBI.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:08 AM   #35

Quote:
Ya. I have been going back and forth between those two. I mainly like the originality of the CBI.
Alright, well point out some of the features and looks on the CBI that you're particularly fond of, and then the things about the AP you like and maybe we can come up with some cool hybrid design for your truck?
Old 01-25-2010, 12:10 AM   #36
( . )( . )
Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
Alright, well point out some of the features and looks on the CBI that you're particularly fond of, and then the things about the AP you like and maybe we can come up with some cool hybrid design for your truck?
Alright, I will try to do that tomorrow. Being as tired as I am I dont know what the hell i would come up with tonight But thanks man, I appreciate this.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:54 PM   #38
( . )( . )
Law Enforcement:
So today I got some stuff straightened out. I Sent the 885's back for some 886's in compliance with the bumper relentless is building, thank you, and a winch. I also went and picked up a Lil Wil antenna so hopefully I can get the CB going, I have been saying that for a while . If anyone has any good ideas on how to run the coax for the lil wil, my ears are open.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:12 PM   #39
( . )( . )
Law Enforcement:
Ok, so today I decided to hook up my CB. I liked the Lil Wil antenna alot, but I wanted something lower for parking structures, and I didnt want to take the antenna down. The shop didnt have any firestik's or wilsons in black, so I got a Francis, it was pretty much all they had. So I got the CB wired and antenna installed and coax ran. Havent got the CB mounted yet because after I drilled the holes and went to mount it up, on the back side there was a plastic piece in the way, so I have to tear down the center console out tomorrow and finish it.
Old 01-29-2010, 05:49 PM   #40
( . )( . )
Law Enforcement:
Well finished mounting the CB today, I had to take the center console apart to install it. Only things I have left to do is ground the antenne and drill a hole under the antenna to run the coax and ground wire through.